Making a word blink in Outlook

V2 TRV

Reaction score
I want to make a word blink in an email on Outlook - can anyone help please?

Trev

In theory, you can wrap it in the html tags for 'blink' which are <bl ink> at the front and close it with </b link> at the end...without the spaces of course (they wouldn't show up as text if I'd left them out)

<blink>BLINK</blink>

The recipient will have to have their options set to show htm coding, or it won't work.

I haven't tried it though, so it may not work....send yourself one to test it :)

EDIT.....leaving the spaces dint work...hit the quote button as if you were going to quote this post in a reply and you'll see the code in the quoted text though :)

In theory, you can wrap it in the html tags for 'blink' which are <bl ink> at the front and close it with </b link> at the end...without the spaces of course (they wouldn't show up as text if I'd left them out)

<blink>BLINK</blink>

The recipient will have to have their options set to show htm coding, or it won't work.

I haven't tried it though, so it may not work....send yourself one to test it :)

EDIT.....leaving the spaces dint work...hit the quote button as if you were going to quote this post in a reply and you'll see the code in the quoted text though :)
Bill - i cant get it to work :tears

Ok, try this instead....

1. Select the text that you want to animate.
2. Choose Format a Font (or right-click the selected text and choose
Font). The Font dialog box appears.
3. Click the Text Effects tab.
The Text Effects page of the Font dialog box appears, including a
list of animation effects.
4. Choose an animation effect, such as Sparkle Text.
A sample of the animation effect appears at the bottom of the dialog
box.
5. Click OK.

Cut n pasted from an article, so again, I haven't tried it 'cos I use Gmail on Firefox...

Bill - I dont have any animation effect options :confused:

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605a.html

3. Scrolling Text, Marquees, and Constantly Running Animations
Never include page elements that move incessantly. Moving images have an overpowering effect on the human peripheral vision. A web page should not emulate Times Square in New York City in its constant attack on the human senses: give your user some peace and quiet to actually read the text!

Of course, <BLINK> is simply evil. Enough said. :rob

Bill - I dont have any animation effect options :confused:

Sorry Trev....I don't use Outlook so that's the limit of my knowledge on it tbh.....Google up 'flashing text MS outlook' and you'll find hundreds of pages on it, and I'm pretty certain there'll be a dozen forums, both MS hosted official support forums and nerdy outlook users ones too.

Chances are there'll be someone else along here at some point as well.....

Good luck :thumb2

Ok, try this instead....

1. Select the text that you want to animate.
2. Choose Format a Font (or right-click the selected text and choose
Font). The Font dialog box appears.
3. Click the Text Effects tab.
The Text Effects page of the Font dialog box appears, including a
list of animation effects.
4. Choose an animation effect, such as Sparkle Text.
A sample of the animation effect appears at the bottom of the dialog
box.
5. Click OK.

Cut n pasted from an article, so again, I haven't tried it 'cos I use Gmail on Firefox...

This is correct.......if you can't do it in Outlook, do it in MS Word and copy and paste it into your email......it works because I just tried it.

Note - in my Outlook, Tools / Options / Mail Format, Message Format is set to 'HTML'.

Not that I'd ever use it - it is likely that your recipient will receive your email in 'plain text' or some other format and they may lose your initial formatting.

This is correct.......if you can't do it in Outlook, do it in MS Word and copy and paste it into your email......it works because I just tried it.

Note - in my Outlook, Tools / Options / Mail Format, Message Format is set to 'HTML'.

Not that I'd ever use it - it is likely that your recipient will receive your email in 'plain text' or some other format and they may lose your initial formatting.

+1 :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom