Trail Ride Sunday 11th Oct

Right, I have been and practiced some of the routes near Whaley Bridge (cat and Fiddle area). Some of them were big horrible rocks the whole way and half the time I was out of control and the bike went where it wanted (oh for some nice slippy ruts).

As for my bike, it is heavy (gord knows what an Adventure is like) the handlebars are too low and I need a bash plate. First gear is too low and second gear is too high. The rocky sections were simply a bit too physically demanding for me with the bike, I was just hanging on half the time and that was scary. Downhill sections the brakes wouldn't stop me - used walls to stop = horror story. Think my tyres may have too much air in them as I was just bouncing around.

See you soon
Mat

Can you do this?

Went up into the peaks today and ironcially enough got a front puncture, had to drive a few miles into buxton to get it changed so it is a definitely a negative on "can you do this?" question. Put a heavy duty tube in now though.

Most of the routes are pretty clear now, charity lane is still a no goer and there was another I had to turn back on.

Any of you off out riding anytime soon?

Back
Top Bottom