Waterproof iphone bike mount + power

Blobby

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good solution for mounting an iphone on a bike, making it waterproof and providing power to it?

(I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I can't find it using the search.)

Has anyone found a good solution for mounting an iphone on a bike, making it waterproof and providing power to it?

(I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I can't find it using the search.)

Have a look here, it you drop the money for it, do let us know how it works.

There is also H2O Audio (http://www.h2oaudio.com/waterproof_armbands_and_cases.php), ugly as sin, but looks like it's working.

I would like to have a case as you describe, unfortunately does not really look like anyone have made one (yet)

Casper

I'm not sure if this helps 'cos I dont know your setup on the bike. I have an autocom system hardwired to the bike. My phone lives in the handlebar bag, one of hein-gerike's taureg bags, which allows all power/sound leads easy access and its waterproof, well it has been for the past 2 years. For protection i cut up an old kip-mat to make an envelope for the phone to sit in and have no problems. I dont need to see the phone on the bike as it has auto answer if someone calls and one radio channel covers my normal ride to & from work. HTH :thumb2

Just bought a GS last friday and it came with an iphone ram mount on the handlebars, which holds the phone very well. You couldn't put a case on the phone and then fit it as it just wouldn't fit in the holder. My plan is to get a stiff plastic bag of the appropriate size and then just slip it over the top to keep the rain off.

So far I've just had earphones on under the helmet and plugged into the earphone socket of the phone, this allows me to hear the gps prompts from the tomtom software I'm currently running on it. I have an autocom setup I'm in the process of fitting to the bike which will take the output from the phone and feed to the intercom. There's a power socket up on the fairing and I'm planning to just have a short power lead that I'll make up which plugs into the dock connector and have the headphone lead zip tied to the cradle and running to the autocom.

I don't plan to use the phone while I'm riding, as I can't use the touchscreen with gloves on, just the gps function of it. As the phone already had tomtom on it and the bike has the mount, it's just a case of making up a couple of cables and a plastic sleeve and I'm done. Cheapest way to get satnav that I could think of.

J.

The new 2010 Touratech catalogue has an iPhone bracket. New for this year! It looks like it will take a waterproof case too.

Rod.

I am using one of these, so far so good. Iuse the acc plug on the bike to charge the phone. Havent had it in the rain yet but I think it will be fine.....

http://www.ibikeconsole.com/

I just found out I can use my phone in the case with gloves on, it keeps the rain out too.... it was tested the other day.

My winter gloves dont work, only my summer ones. No lining around the fingers maybe?????

Dahon Biologic bike mount for iphone

I've just bought a Dahon Biologic bike mount from Evans cycles in London which claims to be waterproof. It fits easily on the screen mount or handlebars.You can plug your charger into it and is still supposed to be waterproof. I haven't tested it in the rain yet but otherwise seems to work pretty well....

://www.evanscycles.com/products/dahon/biologic-bike-mount-for-iphone-ec022856?query=dahon

Rod

Looks pretty much the same as the Dahon.

now to find the magic thread for my gloves......

Rod

I've just bought a Dahon Biologic bike mount from Evans cycles in London which claims to be waterproof. It fits easily on the screen mount or handlebars.You can plug your charger into it and is still supposed to be waterproof. I haven't tested it in the rain yet but otherwise seems to work pretty well....

://www.evanscycles.com/products/dahon/biologic-bike-mount-for-iphone-ec022856?query=dahon

Rod

Evans recalled the cases they sold . In 4 instances the box burst open and phone hit the deck :eek:

Back
Top Bottom