Intel Atom FFS

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Was just about to buy me a Samsung N110 with Atom 270 processor when I see a nice 11 inch Acer with an atom Z520 processor..

Its confusing and no sales rep here in Belgium is able to tell me which is best...
The only thing we kind of know is the 270 is not as good as the 280, and even that is not sure...

Help please would like top purchase today as then I will have time to download stuff here in belgium where the BB is 3mbits minimum compared to my 512kb at home...

Richie I don't know if it's any help to you, I've got my daughters one of these for their Xmas presents, they're Fujitsu 10" netbooks

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169712

It's got the N280 chip which seems fine for what the machine actually does, still feel that netbooks are a bit of a rip off when you can get a half decent Laptop for less than the price of the netbook:nenau

Richie
Mate of mine picked up two of these little Acer 531 in PC World linky

The only problem is they only have them in the Bangor store but I'm sure one of them nordie fellas would pick it up for you?

Mate also mentioned that PC World were quite flexible when it came to haggling and threw in some extras like bags etc.

Not a bad yoke for £250 considering Euro - £ is almost parity (not sure if you can get the VAT off it too?)

Richie
Mate of mine picked up two of these little Acer 531 in PC World linky

The only problem is they only have them in the Bangor store but I'm sure one of them nordie fellas would pick it up for you?

Mate also mentioned that PC World were quite flexible when it came to haggling and threw in some extras like bags etc.

Not a bad yoke for £250 considering Euro - £ is almost parity (not sure if you can get the VAT off it too?)

Want to buy in belgium simply for that keyboard.

What I really want to know is which of the Atom processors is the best...

But in the end from all I've read I think it won't make much difference; so I just need to choose between the acers 11.6 inch screen or the smaller samsung unit....

Just bought the Lenovo Netbook from Tesco yesterday. 280 and 6 cell battery for £260 (and a 10% disc from someone we know who works there). Good build quaility and useful 'quick start' facility for netbrowsing. Recommended.

After all my market research and choosing the Samsung N110... Ended up with an Acer, as it has the bigger screen and larger keyboard plus a better???? Processor..

It's nice, ta for the help....

What have I forgotten???

Downloaded and installed...

Avast
Firefox
Itunes
Open Office
VLC Media reader
All I now need is to reinstall my old versions of Flash and Dreamweaver MX.....

Back
Top Bottom