Vario Pannier Brace / Staberliser pictures

stick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Done these pictures of the brace today. Made from mild steel with swivel rubber end cups and painted silver to match the frame.
Let me know what you think as i have enough parts to make a few more .
Price would be around £20-00 + p&p ( I will check up next week to put exact cost etc.) The pictures show the prototype which has been hand sprayed further would be powdercoated.

Attachments

• P1010664.jpg
    P1010664.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 9,092
  • P1010662 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    P1010662 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 3,065
  • P1010659 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    P1010659 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,132
  • P1010655 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    P1010655 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,121
  • P1010651 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    P1010651 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3,048
Brace

Triumph operate a similar system on their pannier set up, but theirs slide to allow the panniers to flex. Apparently this makes the bike better at speed. Might be worth having a look at their setup. Otherwise i think it looks really cool. Well done

Flex

Triumph operate a similar system on their pannier set up, but theirs slide to allow the panniers to flex. Apparently this makes the bike better at speed. Might be worth having a look at their setup. Otherwise i think it looks really cool. Well done

Thanks i will look at Triumph set up but this brace does not eliminate the flex it reduces it thus making the paniers more settled etc.
Stick

Is there an issue with the Varios sagging? On my 1150 I had problems with the old system panniers developing a sag but the Varios were fine for the 48,000 miles I used them before chopping in my 1200GS for my GSA complete with Forth Road Bridge pannier frames :)

Just wondered.

Dave

Sag

Is there an issue with the Varios sagging? On my 1150 I had problems with the old system panniers developing a sag but the Varios were fine for the 48,000 miles I used them before chopping in my 1200GS for my GSA complete with Forth Road Bridge pannier frames :)

Just wondered.

Dave

People who I have ridden with in groups have said that the panniers flexed a lot - this is why i decided to look at it, also when we go away and pack a lot of stuff so it makes the bike feel more solid (piece of mind i suppose).
With the brace on you can see how much the the flex is reduced by pushing down on the panniers -as if loaded- against without the brace. I wanted to photo the difference but was not sure how to show it best.
Stick

People who I have ridden with in groups have said that the panniers flexed a lot - this is why i decided to look at it, also when we go away and pack a lot of stuff so it makes the bike feel more solid (piece of mind i suppose).
With the brace on you can see how much the the flex is reduced by pushing down on the panniers -as if loaded- against without the brace. I wanted to photo the difference but was not sure how to show it best.
Stick

Sounds fair enough, I can see where you're coming from.

Dave

gwon then i will take a set off you Stick, i will try them on my 09 12
and let you all have the details of fit or otherwise.
PM me with details of price and addy.
Lyn.

look mum no wobble

Dave, brace arrived today:thumb2 fitted in two mins on my 09 1200 no problem at all, i think it may be easier on the bikes ( like the 09 bikes )
to fit and adjust with the smaller LED indicators. I adjusted the ( feet )
adjusty bits and left about 3mm play, loaded the cases up and off for a blast.
NO pannier wobble at all, went on some rough stuff too and no knocks and bangs like before. This is a great simple bit of kit that works well, is dead easy
to fit ( two bolts that exist already ).
I will try again at the weekend with full camping gear loaded and report back,
maybe it will need a bit of adjustment but 13mm spanner is all that is needed.

Cheers Dave for a great bit of kit.
Lyn.

Dave, brace arrived today:thumb2 fitted in two mins on my 09 1200 no problem at all, i think it may be easier on the bikes ( like the 09 bikes )
to fit and adjust with the smaller LED indicators. I adjusted the ( feet )
adjusty bits and left about 3mm play, loaded the cases up and off for a blast.
NO pannier wobble at all, went on some rough stuff too and no knocks and bangs like before. This is a great simple bit of kit that works well, is dead easy
to fit ( two bolts that exist already ).
I will try again at the weekend with full camping gear loaded and report back,
maybe it will need a bit of adjustment but 13mm spanner is all that is needed.

Cheers Dave for a great bit of kit.
Lyn.

Glad your happy with it - keep me informed on its performance as not yet made many and would like to make more ,as it worked well for me and would like to see another point of veiw from an independant GS rider.:thumb2

Happy days :bounce1:roll:bounce1

THANK YOU!!!

I have finally managed to find some time to fit my new "Vario-Brace".

Actually it took me the best part of 3 minutes!!!

:thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2

Thank you again Stick, superb quality item, dead easy to fit, exact measurements, it's all... well...

... PERFECT !!!

:D :D :D

photos!

... I forgot to post a few pics ...

TA-DAAA!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0001 (2) small.jpg
    DSCN0001 (2) small.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,653
  • DSCN0003 (2) small.jpg
    DSCN0003 (2) small.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,632
  • DSCN0004 (2) small.jpg
    DSCN0004 (2) small.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,665
  • DSCN0005 (2) small.jpg
    DSCN0005 (2) small.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,681
  • DSCN0006 (2) small.jpg
    DSCN0006 (2) small.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,644
Hi stick, finally got round to fitting the steady bars to both bikes. Fitted perfectly 10min max, good finish matches the bike. Well made and do the job without being to obvious. Panniers now feel solid when on the bike.
Many Thanks :thumb

Fitted my "Stick" brace, took all of 5 minutes ::beerjug: Well made, easy to fit and adjust and does the job perfectly, even looks good with the panniers off the bike.

I'm very pleased with the brace, thanks Stick :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom