Very cheap Soda blasting system

I have just about everything needed in the garage, another winter project, those carbs came up really well.

Stewart

It'd be good for cleaning up airhead engine and gearbox casings without harming the internals I reckon.
Nice find:thumb2

thinking outside of the box

Two thoughts.

1- If that chappie is selling NaHCO3 on Ebay for making bath bombs, then does it follow that they may sell container loads at hobby craft??

2- If NaHCO3 works, then what else will?? Granted, the clean up properties will take some beating but necessity is the mother of invention. I say we all experiment and post a top 10 list of everyday blasting media!

Farewell and happy blasting (cat litter blocked my tube and made my garage/ me smell weird)

I ebayed an air gun with the long nozzle, I have the plastic tube and Im off to Sainsburys to the baking department :thumb2

Stewart

I searched nearly every suitable shop locally for soda powder - nobody stocked it, but not to be beaten, I bit the bullet and ordered a 25kg bag off of eBay.

The poor bloody delivery chap was staggering to carry the box to my door - as did I carrying it through the house!!

Haven't had the guts or suitable weather to actually try the system yet - afraid of what the garden will look like covered in white powder - don't think SWMBO will be very chuffed!!

Anybody had a go yet? I would imagine that a 1 or 2 kg bag would disappear faily fast when you really get stuck in to the job?:nenau

Mike

All of the bits are in place, just looking for a reasonable sized packet of bicarb,
I too have tried the supermarets but will probably resort to bulk from ebay

Stewart

Look for a food manufacturers supply company.

This company supply it:-

http://www.brenntag.co.uk/en/pages/About_us/index.html

You'll find it listed in there food products portfolio.

You could improve the blaster by setting up a material recovery system. Perhaps an aquarium or similar partially covered and with a Henry vacuum cleaner connected to it so that waste powder is drawn into the vac.

Let us know how you get on stuart, (with photos if poss) how did the trip go to Belgium? .
Al

Let us know how you get on stuart, (with photos if poss) how did the trip go to Belgium? .
Al

I ought to write up a little report, it was okay thanks Al, the best part of the ride was definitely the Welsh miles, the rest was just distance.
Stewart

Stewart, i got my stuff via a mate and a Pool guy:augie £25 for a 25kl drum, they use it in swimin pools i'm told. Think the place is in Rhyl or ColwynBay if thats any help. I will ask my mate where it came from, just need a good day to try it out on the airhead wheels.

Back
Top Bottom