Calling all hein gericke owners

travelman

Reaction score
I'm looking at a few Hein Gericke Jackets on the internet, wont be able to try on before buying as theres no store near me. To those of you who wear hein gericke how does the sizing come in - bigger, smaller or spot on. Eg I'm normally a chest size uk 48 so with a master v or a cruise jacket am I looking at a size 48 or 50. Rukka come in slightly small I'm UK 50 in Rukka.

Whats the deal with Hein gericke????

Generally take your chest size and add 10 as you would normally to convert up to Euro sizes, Hein Gericke has been consistantly that way for me for the last 10 years.

I have a Master V jacket and trousers.
My actual chest measurement is 38" pushes towards a 40" (depending on beer intake:blast) in a T shirt.
My Master jacket is a '52'. I tried a 50 and it was a really snug chest fit, but the main thing was it was way too tight over my shoulders and biceps, even with the arm top zips opened.
Trousers are a '50', they fit me like a glove, and could have been tailored for me on the bike! My waist is 34-35" and I have 30-32" inside leg.
I am 'average/slim build' 5'10" 12 1/2 -13 stone to give you an idea, and I don't pump iron.:D

I like the quality if not the cost and not too heavy or as costly as the BuMW SG3, the link zip on the jacket is slightly longer than the one on the trousers as they are different sizes (but they supply the other bit), but I don't find it an issue so probably won't bother altering it.

Hope that helps:confused::confused:

I'm in Galway. Maybe I'm better taking a trip up there or to London. ALthough I can't see how I'll go too wrong if I take their measurements whic say I should take a 58 (UK 48) Jacket and a 36 troos and go a size up on each to allow for any arm or shoulder or layers underneath differentials?

The "add 10" comment is spot on. I'm normally a 44 in a jacket, HG Master V bought recently is a 54.

Why not bimble up to Newry (or Belfast) and try them on. If you're going to spend that sort of money...

I've found their jackets are shrinking lately.
I'm a 50" chest and have tried the largest Master 5 (Eu60 / UK50)and found it a bit snug (especially around the shoulders) whereas I have the master 4 and they are sized much bigger and had huge jumps between the sizes)
At a guess, I'd go one size larger.

The Master 5 is an expensive jacket at full price.. HG seem to have a new offer each month so maybe worth waiting to see if they'll do anyhitng on the price?

Back
Top Bottom