All Things Must Pass

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMbgM8O5TjI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMbgM8O5TjI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He did far far more good for the site than bad..

That's debatable.

I enjoyed the vast majority of his contributions but the attempt (partly successful) to turn this Section into a forum within a forum is divisive.

The fact that this thread is posted in the SS is indicative of that division.

That's debatable.

I enjoyed the vast majority of his contributions but the attempt (partly successful) to turn this Section into a forum within a forum is divisive.

The fact that this thread is posted in the SS is indicative of that division.

The reason that it was posted in the SS is because the vast majority of people who know Uinneag and would be interested in this "news" might not have read it had it been posted in the pub.

Are you suggesting that that I should have posted it in both place? Surely that would have been a critisism by you too?

I dunno. Johnnys a strange one. I've never met him, only "talked" to him in the virtual world. Recently he's been (IMHO) a bit of a wind up merchant, pushing the mods and stuff for nothing other than (again, IMO) infantile wind-up points. But is that the real Johnny? Some of you may remember this thread from a while back (probably not, but the links there just in case.). I guess now he's not here I can post what he did for me.
It was when my business was in the sh!t, back in March. I was posting a semi blog on here about the trials and tribulations of trying to get money out of the banks, and how crap they were being, how stressed I was and all that sort of stuff. I was at a really low point thinking that the whole world was against me. Out of the blue I got a PM from him (and I know that posting PMs is normally verboten, but I think it's fine in this case) :

Feck me if it didn't have me in tears. He doesn't know me from Adam, but here he is offering me a few thousand quid to help me out! Nothing flashy, nothing in public, just a straightforward "you're in trouble, can I help?" type of thought. What can you say about a man like that? So no matter how he appears in public on this forum I'll always raise a glass to him. And hopefully I'll one day raise a glass with him.

:beerjug:

That's wonderful David:beerjug:

Good job you put a smiley on that

Johnny may have overstepped the mark quite a few times recently but it wasn't all of his own doing.. he had help...at least you know where you stood with him.. some may not have liked it but at least he had the balls to say what he thought... unlike quite a few on here :rolleyes:

He did far far more good for the site than bad.. he made it interesting and fun,
Both him and Tash really went out of their way to show real hospitality when I and others visited Skye... who else would get carry outs and make breakfast for over 20 bikers. he also arranged lifts too and from the cèilidh and paid for it out of his own pocket.

Johnny has always been there when people have genuinely need help...when any of us has done as much then we can criticise.. but if you've put feck all in and do very little other than moan.. STFU I say.

I'm happy to have Johnny for mate and sad to see him go but it's his choice and hopefully the right one for him.

We're just another step closer to pulling out clip boards and safety officers.. we're becoming more the BMW perceived boring stereotype of middle class, middle aged,middle of the road politically correct mindless numpty everyday.. you have to only look at some of the inane ramblings and hand holding needed to see how far we've sunk....:(

We need more fun... does anyone still remember Fun?

100% in agreement with this, well said Tuned :clap

As for the boring whining twats, well your all just that. You'll end up with what you want, people like you always do. Others with more imagination and life will move on and do something else just to be rid of your kind :(

Good job you put a smiley on that

Johnny may have overstepped the mark quite a few times recently but it wasn't all of his own doing.. he had help...at least you know where you stood with him.. some may not have liked it but at least he had the balls to say what he thought... unlike quite a few on here :rolleyes:

He did far far more good for the site than bad.. he made it interesting and fun,
Both him and Tash really went out of their way to show real hospitality when I and others visited Skye... who else would get carry outs and make breakfast for over 20 bikers. he also arranged lifts too and from the cèilidh and paid for it out of his own pocket.

Johnny has always been there when people have genuinely need help...when any of us has done as much then we can criticise.. but if you've put feck all in and do very little other than moan.. STFU I say.

I'm happy to have Johnny for mate and sad to see him go but it's his choice and hopefully the right one for him.

We're just another step closer to pulling out clip boards and safety officers.. we're becoming more the BMW perceived boring stereotype of middle class, middle aged,middle of the road politically correct mindless numpty everyday.. you have to only look at some of the inane ramblings and hand holding needed to see how far we've sunk....:(

We need more fun... does anyone still remember Fun?

Well said Tuned :thumb2:clap:clap

100% in agreement with this, well said Tuned :clap

As for the boring whining twats, well your all just that. You'll end up with what you want, people like you always do. Others with more imagination and life will move on and do something else just to be rid of your kind :(

100% with you as well Kev :thumb2:clap

I really do hope Johnny comes back to UKGSER eventually and of his own accord.

Me and Barb have already stated that next time we wobblybox Scotland Oonys place is a must :bow:bow

what a shame I only figured out what "windaes" meant this morning in my quest to learn "Scootish" the easy way and now he's gone bother.....

:blast

The reason that it was posted in the SS is because the vast majority of people who know Uinneag and would be interested in this "news" might not have read it had it been posted in the pub.

Oh, come off it.

Such is the prurience of most people, any title suggesting that someone has left the forum would get the attention you desired (as it has so obviously done here).

So why post in the SS? This isn't news that only affects the SS. Interest (whatever the reason for it) isn't limited to this Section.

Why post at all (seeing that your OP states that Johnny wanted to just leave without drama)? Why make the announcement that you say he didn't want?

Oh, come off it.

Such is the prurience of most people, any title suggesting that someone has left the forum would get the attention you desired (as it has so obviously done here).

So why post in the SS? This isn't news that only affects the SS. Interest (whatever the reason for it) isn't limited to this Section

Why post at all (seeing that your OP states that Johnny wanted to just leave without drama)? Why make the announcement that you say he didn't want?

Why post in the SS or indeed at all on the matter?

Because I felt like it. :thumb2

And also slightly insane if you ask me :D

The two together would probably make a good epitaph for the man. :D

:blast We've got a musical tribute thread to Johnny, now you're planning his epitaph!!:(

He's only taking a needed break...he hasn't snuffed it yet :blast

First dibs on his jacket! :JB

Was he insulting?

I read of many people who found the late correspondent insulting.

I was never able to see whether he was or not, because I couldn't understand a word of it.
Was it neccessary to write in slang?

As someone who enjoys being in Scotland, & revels in listenig to the local inflections, I found his written missives unintelligible.

Much worse than trying to understand Rab C.
(My son found a was of making Rab C absolutely brilliant. He puts on the subtitles & when one misses a joke, scan them)

Therefore, he may have been insulting, or interesting, but I gave up on them because of their sheer unintelligibilty.

I have received a message through channels this morning that young Bacon the Pig wishes to pass on his good byes to Oonyack.....:D

Back
Top Bottom