Schuberth Bluetooth Packs

Blimee Finn,

You (like me,) must be browsing the Schuberth site every day nearly - that must have just been published.

Someone at Schuberth has clearly got too much time on their hands when putting that film together....:type

Kidd of but sound distribution if you sign up with then mail you any updates also 1st come 1served:thumb

Kidd of but sound distribution if you sign up with then mail you any updates also 1st come 1served:thumb

Yip... got me an email from them today, with a link to the same page and video.

Oh...... and I took delivery of my new C3 this evening :bounce1

It's Here!

My SRC arrived today from Germany, as promised, via UPS.

it is beautifully packaged, bit like Apple stuff, and comes with multilingual comprehensive instructions (including English of course!)

Am busy charging now and will report results when I have them.
:JB

It's brilliant!

Installation - 20 minutes
Iphone3GS pairing - 10 seconds
Iphone phone test - check
Iphone ipod test - check
6 VHF radio stations found & saved - check

Can't test the intercom as I'm on me tod at the mo.

Fabulous system - clearly tested to the nth degree by Schuberth/Cardo

:clap:bounce1:thumb2

SRC Photos

as requested

Attachments

• src1.jpg
    src1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 439
  • src2.jpg
    src2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 448
  • src3.jpg
    src3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 418
Nice

very nice update when you have been out on the road:bow

I'm very interested in Schuberth SRC System. Please, keep us updated! How's the speakers volume? Is it loud enough for using with ear plugs?
How's the quality of outgoing audio? Does noise cancellation microphone work properly?
I'm trying to decide between SRC and Interphone F4. They both have their own pros and cons. I like SRC integration into the helmet, but on the other hand it prevents you from using the system with any other helmet. The claimed intercom range of SRC is 300m where F4 is 500m, but SRC is compatible with the previous versions of Cardo ScalaRider, which is a big plus.
But the most important thing is to see how these two systems perform in real life! Therefore, it would be very helpful to hear from someone with first-hand experience with either of them.

I'm very interested in Schuberth SRC System. Please, keep us updated! How's the speakers volume? Is it loud enough for using with ear plugs?
How's the quality of outgoing audio? Does noise cancellation microphone work properly?

I'll do my best - but since bought it the gritters have been out non-stop so no road tests yet.:blast

Initial results of new Schuberth bluetooth

Have you had a chance to test yet???

OK - initial trials were not as good as I was hoping:

Motorway:

Telephone untested - too fiddly with winter gauntlets to try and press the call-answer button - summer gloves should be ok. (It is possible, but difficult to "touch-feel" for the right button.) With practice , obviously, your hand would go to the right place - I can change volume/mp3/radio. Just the time element of picking up the phone before the call minder kicks in.

MP3 - too much wind-rush to hear properly - volume needs to be up so high that the higher frequencies are painful.

Radio - voice ok, music as per mp3. There is an issue with signal strength - it's probably just the area I bike through, but the jury is still out on how good the built in aerial is...

Everything is much better on normal roads, obviously due to lower speed/less wind noise.

I still need to try a couple of things, and for the record this is done without earplugs which I don't normally wear.

:nenau

I dont you'll find the music sound quality better then the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 since it uses the same speakers and is made by Cardo Scala, its a rebranded Scala Rider G4, which is good, since Scala makes good bt-headsets.

I would be interested to know if it can be paired with a G4 or Q2.

srcs_c10.jpg

I dont you'll find the music sound quality better then the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 since it uses the same speakers and is made by Cardo Scala, its a rebranded Scala Rider G4, which is good, since Scala makes good bt-headsets.

I would be interested to know if it can be paired with a G4 or Q2.

srcs_c10.jpg

Yeah - I tried Monster speakers which were pretty good - but this is my first try out with this sort of system - I'm sure it'll be easily good enough for summer cruising - just most of my biking is motorway commuting.

OK - initial trials were not as good as I was hoping:

Motorway:

Telephone untested - too fiddly with winter gauntlets to try and press the call-answer button - summer gloves should be ok. (It is possible, but difficult to "touch-feel" for the right button.) With practice , obviously, your hand would go to the right place - I can change volume/mp3/radio. Just the time element of picking up the phone before the call minder kicks in.

MP3 - too much wind-rush to hear properly - volume needs to be up so high that the higher frequencies are painful.

Radio - voice ok, music as per mp3. There is an issue with signal strength - it's probably just the area I bike through, but the jury is still out on how good the built in aerial is...

Everything is much better on normal roads, obviously due to lower speed/less wind noise.

I still need to try a couple of things, and for the record this is done without earplugs which I don't normally wear.

:nenau

Thanks think i will continue with the rs121 for the time being would one of those windblockers would help:beerjug:

Tried the system in the shop today but at around £800 for helmet and system it was a wee tad expensive!:augie

Thanks think i will continue with the rs121 for the time being would one of those windblockers would help:beerjug:

I've ordered a set of winglets from Nippy Normans - I'm only 5'6" and so I benefit the most from the standard screen on the 1200GS, but still feel it could be a couple of inches higher. Just don't like the look of the screen extender you can buy.

Will do some more tweaking via the tobinators once the winglets arrive and conduct more tests before a final verdict.:headphone

The BIIIIIIIIG question for many of you will be to find out how it copes with Garmin Zumo 660 and/or BMW Navigator-4.
With most BT intercoms they grab the channel and won't let you back to intercom mode without switching off the GPS.

Naturally, we're working on something to get around this, but it won't be cheap:eek

Back
Top Bottom