DR350 v XT350

(RIP) ugg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im looking for owners of Suzuki DR350s
To give me an idea on the good or bad points on the bike.

I need to know if its worth the hassle of selling or trading my XT350 in .

My XT350 is ok ,solid engine, but the kick start tires me out when it dosnt want to play.:(

Im thinking of trading up to a reliable electric start DR350 , but ive not had much experience with them

owners pics and useful info would be a bonus:thumb2

Any advice much appreciated

ugg

DR350's are reliable & pretty esy to work out. Plenty of aftermarket bits about although they're getting a little old now.

Not that much more money could get you an early DRZ which is a better bike, better selection of aftermarket parts that are still available new.

I upgraded to a DRZ400 from a DR350.

For me the 350 was a better bike to ride, can't really explain why - just felt tougher. The lower height of the 350 made it easier to 'paddle' :augie around when greenlaning too.
I had trouble finding some aftermarket bits, I could find any frame protectors for sale anywhere.
Some corrosion had set in to the rear subframe & I put this down to it's age.
A quick rub down with a wire brush & a coat of Hammerite got this looking better but a move up to the 400 was always on the cards.

On reflection - I like the 350, great bike. :thumb2

-0021Medium.jpg

3Arty.jpg

But.....

3.jpg

:thumb2

We had both at work for 'OFF ROAD USE', there is no comparison between the two. I used out XT on and off for nearly two years and had a few goes on the DR350's we had at the same time.
The DR's felt like they were from a different generation, they handled better, were better starters (still kick in our case) and just felt like a a more competent bike all round especially off road.

Back
Top Bottom