Corsica - made for GS's

spent the last two summers in Corsica, albeit on a boat sailing between there and Sardinia, always fancied taking the GS over and as i've now got no contract from the end of June it may just be on the cards. Kissing pigs in Bonifacio is an awesome meat restaurant :D

The ferries to/from Corsica for 1 person + bike in July 2013 have cost me:
Nice - Calvi €61
Bastia - Livorno57

That's cheap!!!:mad:

In July, were on the Toulon - Ajaccio overnight ferry, one way only (€100 2 persons + bike) (€160 with a twin room!) then touring Corsica (4 days) clockwise, before heading onto Sardinia (4 days) before heading from Porto Torres over to Spain. :thumb2

Good report, enjoyed reading that. I think I may be there in the autumn, certainly looks worth going to. Must buy a map.

Happened to catch the Hairy Bikers prog on Corsica last night and thought and thought... And now this turns up. Food for thought indeed :D

Happened to catch the Hairy Bikers prog on Corsica last night and thought and thought... And now this turns up. Food for thought indeed :D

I also saw that. Looked good. Maps now bought of Corsica, Sardinia, eastern Spain and Tuscany. Guess I'll have to go now

Hadn’t seen this Hippy Report before .
Looks stunning . Think I’ll make it the first long trip when I get part time at work hopefully by next summer ( 2 months on, 1 month off on a rolling basis )

Down the RDGA, Corsica , Sardinia then back up Route Napoleon, take about 3 weeks .

Hadn’t seen this Hippy Report before .
Looks stunning . Think I’ll make it the first long trip when I get part time at work hopefully by next summer ( 2 months on, 1 month off on a rolling basis )

Down the RDGA, Corsica , Sardinia then back up Route Napoleon, take about 3 weeks .

Ha, I'd forgotten all about it too..........really making me want to go back now, so many places to see yet so little time!

Andres

I have an idea of taking the XT600 on the ferry to Santandar, meander around Spain then a ferry to Sardinia, some time there then Corsica then Elba then north. Avoid big long days heading south on a bike that is not good at them but I fancy having it on the islands and wee dirt tracks

Not only the food. The beer is nice as well.:beerjug:

Attachments

• 20160820_114121.jpg
    20160820_114121.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 183

Back
Top Bottom