Ireland - Four Corners April 2010

Can't wait

Oh this trip is starting to look really good:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Spent another couple of hours today on the route today, Ireland is jam packed with stuff to see and roads to ride...think i've cracked the route already:aidan

So who wants to take a crack at the names of the most extreme points on the Emarald Isle then???

Oh this trip is starting to look really good:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Spent another couple of hours today on the route today, Ireland is jam packed with stuff to see and roads to ride...think i've cracked the route already:aidan

So who wants to take a crack at the names of the most extreme points on the Emarald Isle then???

Mmm North - Malin Head
South - Cape Clear

:aidan

a couple of wikings for Ireland?

Room for a couple of danes (2x adults, 2x GS's, 1 kid)? We're not sure its actually possible yet, and probably wont know for sure until quite late, but we'd like to come along ...

Soren - Denmark

P.S how much of the trip will be tent/B&B/ etc?

Room for a couple of danes (2x adults, 2x GS's, 1 kid)? We're not sure its actually possible yet, and probably wont know for sure until quite late, but we'd like to come along ...

Soren - Denmark

P.S how much of the trip will be tent/B&B/ etc?

GS er en god cykel for veje i Danmark ...

Hvor er du fra?

Bring a good tent- there will be a lot of camping, except for when we stay at Raboomdea's mum's house...

GS er en god cykel for veje i Danmark ...

Hvor er du fra?

Bring a good tent- there will be a lot of camping, except for when we stay at Raboomdea's mum's house...

I live just north of Ringe - midt-Fyn.

My brother (the other GS rider) is from Viborg - midt-Jylland

Welcome Aboard

Sorry for the late reply Soren DK, you'd be more than welcome, the trip will be most likely 6 nights in Ireland itself with 2 nights camping followed by one night B&B/Hotel and the same again so 4 nights camping at the least:camping

I'm aware that it's too early for anyone at all to commit to going given the length of time till the trip but we now have a healthy interest at least:D

With that I am thinking I will now close the open invite to be viewed by just those who have shown an interest and only allow further application by drop out only on a first come first served basis:p

I know its early days to close the invitation but I am comfortable with the numbers we now have and still have a couple of friends (that you can't see yet listed) who might be able to come. Once the thread is 'For Your Eyes Only' we can start to discuss the actual route and accommodation further :aidan

Andy .......AKA.......The Daz doorstep challenge.

please tell Kev to make sure he brings some oil (LOL)

Ha ha.....aye Kev....bring some oil!

[B]Sorted[/B] - Now have one of those oil bottles attached to my pannier:augie
It'll be good to see you mate....starting to look like a reunion

You might have to sell one of your bikes now your retired

Already sold my Blade:tears

Definately looking like a reunion - really looking forward to it the noo:JB

If I can do anything to help Chaz, don't hesitate, you have my number:thumb2

Let's get started!

Happy New Year to you all :)

I'm thinking that as this thread has lay dormant for the last couple of months it would be a good time to breathe some enthusiasm into it again:D

The route is set as are the dates, like I said in the original post of this thread the week to take off of work is between the 24th of April to the 2nd of May. I think it is fair to now ask for confirmed numbers so those of you who can definately come should let me know by no later than the 1st of February, that way if some of you have to drop out then I can re-open the invite to give others a chance.

Saturday the 24th is the day that we will be making our way to a rendezvous point, the best idea is if we can all try to meet up near the port we will be crossing from which will either be Stranraer or Troon and spend the night at a campsite there.
The following morning is when the trip starts, we will cross over to Belfast on the Sunday morning and start our journey to our first nights stopover on the Emerald Isle. We can meet up with the lads from Ireland who are coming on the trip either on-route or in Belfast itself before we set off.:aidan

I know that some of the boys from down south have the option to cross over further south and make their way to either Belfast to meet us off of the ferry or to make their way to our first nights stopover where we can meet them there. We can work this all out over the next week or two.

Finally, over the next few days I will be taking those of you who offered to help a little up on your kind offers:D I will let you all know where we will be stopping over and you can try to find suitable camping sites for us to bide at. We can use this forum to bat back and forward any suggestions.

Roll on April:beer:

Hellooo, Helloo, Hello!

Still a bit quiet in here :confused:

Looks like i'm going to have to pm you all:blast

Anyways when you all do finally awaken from hibernation I have a question:blagblah

Looking over the trip it looks a bit like this:

Travel to rendezvous point on Saturday the 24th of April which will be a campsite in or around Troon where we will depart the next morning.

Travel across the fast ferry on Sunday morning leaving at 10:05 am and getting us into Larne for around midday.

Start traveling.

The route I have planned gets us finished the following Saturday at around Midday back at Larne. So my question is, do we return via Larne on the 17:30 fast boat on the Saturday night, or would everyone prefer to spin it out another night and leave on the Sunday morning on the 07:15 fast boat getting us back to Troon for the back of 9 on Sunday morning :nenau

I personally am leaning towards leaving on the Saturday evening cause I don't fancy getting up at around 5am on Sunday morning with a hangover to catch the boat but what do you all think???

All on our ownsome!

Feck me Wully looks like its just you and I in here:eek:

Anyways i've now booked my ferry.
£84 return through Nutt Travel.

Outward journey from Troon-Larne on Sunday the 25th of April at 10:00am

Inward journey from Larne-Troon on Saturday the 1st of May at 17:30pm

Get booking :cool:

Do i get a discount if i act as the official translator......i will start booking as time off now confirmed. :aidan

Chas,
Thanks for the pm/info, replied to yer pm:comfort. Will get on with my travel arrangements the noo:thumb
I'm staying for the NW so not worried about the return journey. I'll just have a couple of days leisure around Portrush me thinks before the gang arrives and finish off my kidneys/liver

Back
Top Bottom