Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland - Four Corners April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by thosoneill View Post
    just out of interest any idea which route we will be taking
    I've had a route planned for a while now and have been tweaking it now and then, pretty much got it down now and am at the stage I am looking at campsites.

First night needs to be around the Dublin area as we don't get off the ferry till 12:30 and need to hit the furthest Eastern point on the way down. This should get us north of Dublin by dinner time roughly so I don't want to fight our way through Dublin at that time of night then have to set up tents and that before we eat.....everyone would be worn out and grumpy

We will travel roughly 170 miles that afternoon, and so I want to find a nice campsite for us (suggestions welcome).

Second and third days we are going to hump some miles in, each day will be no more than 250 miles but I have found that to be enough for most. We will stay around Cork on the second night and around Dingle on the third night

We do less miles going up the west side as I am advised there is more to see and more challenging roads.

Fourth night will be in or around Cong and the fifth night will be at Raboomdeas Mum's up near Donegal.

Sixth night will be in the Port Rush area where people can see the Giant's Causway and other local attractions, then off back to Larne

Under 1400 miles in all around the Emerald Isle.

I will be happier once I have settled on the campsites then I can tweak the route to suit.

Anyone with a Garmin GPS can have the route to load onto it once I have converted everything to mapsource (what a shit program to work with), let me know who needs it.

Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

Fourth night will be in or around Cong and the fith night will be at Ramboomdeas Mum's up near Donegal.

Will we f**k...she'll kill me....ha ha .

Quote Originally Posted by raboomdea View Post
    Will we f**k...she'll kill me....ha ha .

Great! That'll be the entertainment for the night- watching you getting a doing frae yer maw

Quote Originally Posted by wully View Post
    Great! That'll be the entertainment for the night- watching you getting a doing frae yer maw
    Trust me she's no shrinking violet...she'll share the kicking around ha ha

campsites 1st night

Think there is shortage of campsites just north of Dublin ...

North Beach Caravan & Camping Park - RUSH

she'll share the kicking around
    So we all get a shot at kicking you then?

Quote Originally Posted by wully View Post
    So we all get a shot at kicking you then?
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....Ha Ha Ha...Ha Ha .....hmmmm....wanker

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....Ha Ha Ha...Ha Ha .....hmmmm....wanker

Quote Originally Posted by dazchallenge View Post
    Think there is shortage of campsites just north of Dublin ...

North Beach Caravan & Camping Park - RUSH
    Cheers Andy,

That one was top of my list but Dave aka Dakar has given me another option that he thinks is better.

Good effort though, will get on the phone tomorrow

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Chaz,
    Thats my ferry booked and confirmed. Now, where did I put that bike!!?

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    Hi Chaz,
    Thats my ferry booked and confirmed. Now, where did I put that bike!!?
    Well done Kev

Haven't managed to do much at all this week with the trip....been busy

Only 11 weeks to go, better get ma finger oot

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you need any help - don't hesitate
    Rgds
    Kevin

Camping

A wee update for you all on how things are progressing.

Hopefully everyone who has given me their email addresses now have sponsor forms, if not then forward me your email address and I will send you one.

Camping for the first night, that's the Sunday night in Ireland is at this place:

http://www.northbeach.ie/

They charge 10 euro a skull. Tried to get a discount for those of you that are sharing a tent but they wouldn't wear it

Second nights camping, that's the Monday night is here:

http://www.garrettstownhouse.com/

Managed to get them down to 6 euro a skull
    The place doesn't officially open till the beginning of May so it should be relatively quiet......until we arrive
    Anyway, Kinsale has 40 - 60 restaurants in it and is known for its good nosh, the guy doesn't mind us cooking onsite, there is a wee camping kitchen/room, and although its not stricktly legal he reckons we could barbecue on the blue flag beech if we tidy up after ourselves

The third night I am thinking will be under a tiled roof somewhere in the Dingle penintula....and must sell beer or Guiness
    Haven't picked anywhere yet although I do have some ideas.

Suggestions welcome

Stickers

Big Dave unfortunately can't make the trip this year but has graciously offered to get some stickers made up for us again.

Those of you that came with us last year will remember that what he made up for us for the Scotland four corners trip were ace

Anyways, i'm looking for designs for the stickers please

Hello all

OK, so I finally found the forum!! For some reason I was looking in the Scotland section

Looking forward to seeing all the old faces again (well, most of them.... ...)

Now, who's going to start the camping equipment thread.......

PAULHOMAN

TOLL ROADS IN IRELAND

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Just a quick tip make certain you have plenty of euro coins as there are a lot of new toll roads with nice barriers about in Ireland so keep that in mind.
    Paul
    Also a lot of new roads here don't show up on garmin navigators not even on 2010 upgrades. Also new motorway to Belfast parts don't show.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast