Ireland - Four Corners April 2010

We've been on a dry bag shopping frenzy and are all set.

Tent packed

'Kitchen' packed

Di half packed

Wully- packed soon :D

Just remembered - need to order some spare bulbs fae Nippy's:blast
No fecking tulips either - just before the preverbial comes flying in :D

hi folks - just back from a wee sojourn to dingwall and latterly oban - had the tent and i have to say i don't think that my sleeping bag was up to the mark - have to admit i am getting a bit old for this lark and i am a wee bit apprehensive about the four corners trip - seemed to take me ages to dismantle all the kit and pack it away - anyway right now i am checking my ferry crossing and have discovered that i am booked on the 10.05 crossing from troon on sunday 25/04/2010 - does this fall in with the groups plan - i notice some of you are crossing over to belfast on 24/04/2010 - arrival time for me on the sunday is 12.05 - could someone please clarify - with regard to camping near troon - prestwick holiday park accepts tents and is not too far from the ferry terminal - linky
http://guide.visitscotland.com/vs/g...r,GBP,season,at1,selectedEntry,home/home.html

looked at the St Maddens camp site in troon, but didn't look too good & had some poor reviews. Was also looking at a couple of B&B's, unfortunately never managed to folloe it up as i had top spend the day in Dundee waiting for my bike get serviced at Clarks. Need to get my arse in to gear on this one:blast

Have had a whole re-shuffle of luggae in an effort to fit in an extra summer bag as a liner as it looks like this could be a cold one...that and my new Tarp and seat..all now stuffed in a dry bag..... Seriously I have more luggage than Ivana Trump...:aidan

Seriously I have more luggage than Ivana Trump...:aidan
does this mean i don't have to bring my own stove - i can bring my own coffee - can you also supply a change of outfit as i am a bit short in that department also - rsvp

does this mean i don't have to bring my own stove - i can bring my own coffee - can you also supply a change of outfit as i am a bit short in that department also - rsvp

Sod off get yer own....I'm Ivana and thus I will throw a hissy fit!!!!(Unless you are very rich with a dodgy heart and a comb over....Then i may reconsider)

Forecast for the weekend sunny, dry and 14/15 degrees in the north. Enjoy your wee jaunt here :thumb

:aidan

24/04 - Troon

Finally got my shit together and organisd accomodation. Close to the dateI know, but the following info may be of use.
Campsites:
St Meddons, 01292 312957. £12(1 person & 2 man tent). Mixed reviews Limited pitches(3 tents)

Prestwick Holiday Park 01292 479261 £15 (1 person & 2 man tent). Limited pitches

B&B's http://www.troononline.net/acatalog/Guest_Houses.html Prices vary from £25 > Tend to a lot higher for Single occupancy.

I managed to get B&B for £20. no brainer -Tent £15!!:D

Anyone going for a pint on Saturday Nicht:beer:

JKM;2308975 Finally got my shit together [/QUOTE said:
Not bad- it's only taken you half a century :comfort

We still haven't sorted out what we're doing on Saturday night so I can't talk...Anyway I'll talk to the boss when she get back from work and we'll get something sorted.

and , Aye, I recon I'll manage a pint on Saturday night:beerjug:

Not bad- it's only taken you half a century :comfort

We still haven't sorted out what we're doing on Saturday night so I can't talk...Anyway I'll talk to the boss when she get back from work and we'll get something sorted.

and , Aye, I recon I'll manage a pint on Saturday night:beerjug:

You think thats bad....I haven't found us accommodation for the final night yet :blast

Back
Top Bottom