Front power socket on Adventure

(RIP) Sugar Ray

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the front socket on the Adventure has a separate fuse? I can't seem to find it in the handbook, but the written details say the front socket has a 5 amp fuse for accessories such as radios, GPS etc. My new Garmin cable has an in-line fuse of 1 amp, but if I could change the other fuse to the lower rating, I could make a much neater job of chopping down my cable to suit. I went out yesterday with about 7' of cable neatly coiled up & zip-tied to the handlebars, but that wasn't exactly ideal :D

Regards,

Charles

No.run the cabling down to the power socket on the starter motor cover.remove existing connector from p/s and connect it to piggy back connector off front p/s.Circuit is protected by 15amp fuse

Managed to sort things out OK. I had a brain wave :rolleyes: and popped in to my local caravan dealers on the way home tonight. Guess what I found - a universal power socket with built-in fuse. Just uncouple the red ring on the end, downrate the fuse (it's supplied with an 8amp) and bob's your uncle! Even better, it cost the princely sum of £2.30, rather than the £8 I paid last week from the BMW garage :) Now I've got 2 BMW plugs spare!

Regards,

Charles

Back
Top Bottom