Very sexy stainless lower engine cover

Hi all, I have only had my R1200GS for a couple of months and I am madly in love with it. bearing in mind I have been biking for a few decades this is no flash in the pan. Anyway, I am lucky enough to have some serious resources (including a £300,000 German :ronno Trumpf laser cutting machine) and I just simply need to make high quality bike parts in my spare time because people love them and I love all my `babies` - this is not entirely done for commerical gain!

I already have somewhat of a following for my gear :bow and it seems I might be the New Messiah for the V Strom owners club :hug

Anyway, take a look at the following image - it`s my design of a lower engine cover and includes the R1200GS logo which took me ages to do :blagblah

edit - to trade or advertise on here Mark you need to be a subscriber - button at top left of the page - good value for £12 :thumb - Dahoum

4078096641_9b89b6ccf6_b.jpg

I do like this, and think of all those hi vis stickers I could put on it !!

Ta

Ta for that and ta for the words about the stuff - I have already sold a couple on fleabay and I only put it on fleabay yesterday. I already have ideas for the next item............ :D

Ok and thanks

Ok and thanks, I`ll have to make it for you next week, please let me know if you are happy with the logo or not before I do it.

All my babies come with an unconditional no quibble dosh back policy if you are not happy.

I am also very pleased to fit free of charge at my place if you want a `ride out` otherwise it is dead easy to fit!

:clap

Discount to Tossers

Yes mate, all members get a 10% discount and even `free-er` fitting!

:D

Only had me GS for a couple of months now (love it to bits) but why are all members called tosser?

:)

Crud catcher?

If you mean a crud catcher - of course. members get a further 10% discount over fleabay prices. just send me the dosh by paypal (markhooton@btconnect.com) or a chq or come and visit for free fitting and a jawing session. Regards, Mark.

If you mean a crud catcher - of course. members get a further 10% discount over fleabay prices. just send me the dosh by paypal (markhooton@btconnect.com) or a chq or come and visit for free fitting and a jawing session. Regards, Mark.

Done that :)

Ta

Ok mate, I will get one made for you and sent out in a couple of days. If there is any probs with the paypal payment I`ll get back to you but I am sure it`s fine. Please let me know when you get it and what you think - i`d also appreciate any feedback on the forum for other members. :clap

Ok mate, I will get one made for you and sent out in a couple of days. If there is any probs with the paypal payment I`ll get back to you but I am sure it`s fine. Please let me know when you get it and what you think - i`d also appreciate any feedback on the forum for other members. :clap

Nice one :clap

If it isn't too cold when I fit it I might take some photos as I am fitting too.

Will let you know when its arrived

Thanks

Ta mate :D

Got an 1150 coming to my gaff 2moz. The geezer wants a crud catcher like what I do for our GS`s - no idea if the front of the engine is the same? do you?

its different!

i used to sell a few R1150GS ADV ones made by a site member.

here is a photo...

Attachments

• 2008_0307Image0003.jpg
    2008_0307Image0003.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,192
Oh yeah

Oh yeah and then some! I really would not have guessed. Nonetheless I`ll do whatever I can for him :thumb2

Ta for the image - it helps.

regards,

mark.

I just fitted a similar front engine case guard from moto-ap.co.uk. They also do guards for other GS models and a range of othe guards eg for oil cooler etc. Worth a look.

The guard works well although it does resonate quite a bit and can sound like a hammer hitting a spade when you get a noisy gear change, eg 1st to 2nd. But I'm happy to put up with that to keep the front of the engine tidy.

I went through to Marks place today to see if one of his crud catchers would fit my 1150 and they bolt straight on,no problem.
He seems to be a top bloke with a passion for producing top quality gear for not a lot of money,simply because he enjoys it.

Hi Mark, been looking at these for awhile, moto-ap.co.uk are knocking them out for £30 without the GS Logo, without the Logo what kind of price are you looking at ;)

Without logo & follow up to Big Fella`s post re 1150

Don`t know to be honest, I suppose it should be less because there is less to it i.e. the logo. £30 seems about right but if you are not happy with that then pay what you would like to as long as it is not silly :) price does vary on attitude and wether or not you have put yourself out to travel to me blah blah blah :bounce1

Anyway, Wayne (Big Fella) visited yesterday and we set too fitting the cover to an 1150 and spank me till it hurts it fitted :thumb To be honest I had told `her indoors` I`'d be late home as i could see myself there for a few hours redesigning, lasering out and forming covers until one fitted but god was with me (it would not have cost Wayne 'owt). Anyway, I`ll see if I can post an image, the only `thing` was that the bottom of the catcher fitted on the inside of the belly pan - I would have preferred it to go outside but it would leave very little clearance between it and the front mudguard. I think I am going to up the thickness from 1.5mm to 2mm just to put some more quality and strength into them - it`s not needed, far from it, but it will `over engineer` it which makes me happy. No change to price of course :clap

Attachments

• 20112009465.jpg
    20112009465.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,114
Nice one. If you like making this type of thing you could look at similar covers and mounting brackets for spot lights etc. I have been looking at the brackets for fitting spotlights to F650GS using the existing indicator mounting. There are some that provide a single light hanging under the indicator but I thought a double version that would allow one above and one under the indicator. I like the idea of a Hella micro DE under with a Hella FF50 above.
Other brackety type things you could look at include the mounting plates for HID ballasts. Lots of potential but could become another business all of it's own.

Nice to see some overengineered stuff for a change, better than the minimized shite normally available.

Back
Top Bottom