Very sexy stainless lower engine cover

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I have only had my R1200GS for a couple of months and I am madly in love with it. bearing in mind I have been biking for a few decades this is no flash in the pan. Anyway, I am lucky enough to have some serious resources (including a £300,000 German :ronno Trumpf laser cutting machine) and I just simply need to make high quality bike parts in my spare time because people love them and I love all my `babies` - this is not entirely done for commerical gain!

I already have somewhat of a following for my gear :bow and it seems I might be the New Messiah for the V Strom owners club :hug

Anyway, take a look at the following image - it`s my design of a lower engine cover and includes the R1200GS logo which took me ages to do :blagblah

edit - to trade or advertise on here Mark you need to be a subscriber - button at top left of the page - good value for £12 :thumb - Dahoum

4078096641_9b89b6ccf6_b.jpg

Another image - jeez, I can`t leave myself alone.

Hi all, here is another image of the cover I made. I think I need help, I really truly think it`s lovely.

4078862546_8aa072ea1c_b.jpg

God, I`m good :bow

By the way, the bike is awesome, I am sooo pleased with it.

:D

whoops

whoops, if i have screwed up on protocol simply because I have not taken the time to look then please accept my humble apologies - I am a biker first and foremost so if you think it appropriate to remove my posts then I would understand - I`ll take a look at the subs link shortly.

Humble apologies :blast

No probs - easy mistake to make

Now get that button pressed and shell out the £12 or I'll be on yacht cleaning duties again this weekend :blast

Consider it done

Consider it done - I `panic-subscribed` and I`ll take a look at whatever that involves a little later.

once again, sorry for any gaff - it wasn`t intentional - I just love making very horny bits for bikes and it`s a shame i don`t do it as a focused business (too busy doing that sorta stuff for my day job anyway).

Regards, I am off to do some tossing now that I can :)

An idea of where I am coming from

To any interested members - here`s a quote from the V Strom boys I have been doing some work for recently. it should indicate where I am coming from on the stuff I am making - don`t think it is all for commercial gain, i do charge for my work but it is a labour of love. All members are welcome to visit my factory and to see how I make all my babies on the side!

Recent Visitors.
by cymarceng on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:09 pm
Hi all, here is an image of a couple of members getting blinged up at my place being Ian and Jools. Jools was a star and helped me cope with 2 demonically possessed M4 fasteners which had welded themselves in place - it took me longer to get the fasteners out than it did to change the oil cooler covers.

blokes, I remain very happy to fit all the gear but pleas be aware that time for me is more valuable than money (actually, I don`t charge for fitting but both Ian and Jools felt sorry for me and gave tips - bless them!) also if you want me to fit the oil cooler cover I will but try to get that f*cking screw out first for me

Anyway, a good time was had by all (I think) and both Jools and Ian seemed well chuffed with the gear. i have now promised a non member that i would bling his Pan up........ oh no, more lost sleep

And geezers I really do have to sort out that R1200GS I am in love with!

cymarceng

Re: Happy customers
by joobyjoo on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 pm
Once again, Mark!

The front fasteners on both mine and Ian's bikes were real pigs to get off, but nothing compared to the effort required in getting the oil cooler cover fastener off
Mark made my innocent young ears bleed with the verbal encouragement he was shrieking out whilst trying to get those off
He had to drill out both mine and Ians. He wasn't happy

He did get very exited once each replacement part had been fitted though Mark's very passionate about his creations. In fact on more than a couple of occasions I thought I was going to have to look away or just give him and the bike some 'Alone time'

So let's talk about the gear change enhancer...............................
Kinell!
Amazing!
Is this what it's supposed to feel like when you change gear?
No clunking?
There's no doubt that this little piece of SS spacer really does the trick and fixes the clunks and knocks.
I couldn't believe it. It's brilliant Right through the gears, up and down, such a noticable difference.
If you don't fancy the bling (Wot, not even the chain guard?) then you have still got to get the gear change enhancer.
You'd be crazy not to

Chain guard: Lovely...........A lot more substantial than the plastic crap that Suzi puts on, and with good looks too.
As with all Mark's stuff, it's a perfect fit and looks like it belongs.
Oil cooler cover: A to remove the old corroded crap one, but well worth it when the new one goes on
Radiator cover: A really tidy piece of kit. You can tell that a lot of work has gone in to this to make it fit sooooOOOooo damn well.
It just slid into place effortlessly. God only knows how many Mark had to throw away before he managed to perfect this work of art
And finally..The reservoir covers: Purely aesthetic. TBH I was in two minds whether or not to get these, but I'm glad I did
They just make it look a little prettier (in a manly kind of way) and at Mark's prices, why the hell not??????????

New fasteners with every new part, brewing up facilities and a shed load of jolly banter....... I'm certainly glad I made the trip.
Thanks to Mark for neglecting his family just to keep us blinged up and happy.
It's much appreciated

joobyjoo

by Mr. T on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:45 pm
Doh! i missed this new thread - great foto, i'm a bit concerned that my bum looks big init, and added my comments to the CYMARC priceList:

Hi Mark, good to meet you today (and joobyjoo), i must say you are looking a bit older than your foto, must be all the grief you are getting from the 650 blokes! Im just glad you started with 1000 stuff, the rad covers fitted like gloves, and the chain guard is a gem! One point that might help Mark (if you blokes/birds are getting him to fit), the little screw that is at the bottom of the oil-rad cover is definetly illigitamate, so, get loads of wd40/thread-freer on before you visit, and avoid a tiresome, stressful drill-out job! (I think we should all moan
to suzuki about quality of some of these fasteners - do we have a powerful voice with them yet?). Finally Mark, whatever possessed you to buy a GS?!?!?
Thanks for some great bling and a good ride out mate!

I reckon Mark is going to get busier over the coming weeks , what with his new GS and BM Bling to make, and now dealing with Pan owners too, so i'd recommend you get in quick if you want some V Strom Bling, and yes, i was paid handsomely to say that!!!

Take Care, and thanks again Mark

Mr. T
by Irategit on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 pm
Well, I guess I should add a few more positive words here.

Mark is a great person to deal with, he was always quick to respond to my questions about the radiator guard for the 650 ABS, even when my PM's were sent in the evening when I was getting home from work which is close to midnight UK time! (I wonder if he ever goes home!).

He suggested I go with DHL for shipping which should be about 4-5 days to Canada. I received a PM Oct 5th saying it was being picked up that day, my girlfriend called me at work on the 6th to say it had been delivered. Just over 24h, that's quick!

Fitting the guard was a piece of cake, I think it took all of 10min. total. I think it looks fantastic, here are a couple of pictures of it in place:

Now I'm beginning to think I should have ordered the oil cooler guard as well. I'm also interested in a belly pan/skid plate, call it what you will, if it is developed. (fingers crossed!).

For those of you that are wondering why I didn't shop closer to home, this is available from a motorcycle shop not too far away from me for $139 (+ taxes) which is 84.25 pounds at Fridays exchange rate.

The choice wasn't a hard one to make!

Re: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
by robby on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm
i'de just like to say a big thankyou to mark for blinging my bike up with the top quality merchandise he's producing at his factory.He's a true gent who it seems is making the v-strom.co.uk products for for no profit !
Any members who's thinking of buying anything of mark i'de say get in there fast before he's swamped with orders.

p.s. if you visit his factory be prepared to make your OWN coffee with powdered milk

pps he's got a very good sense of humour

Mark - That cover is a damned good idea and looks like it will fix a v weak point of the GS in terms of corrosion. Good luck with it. Might be interested in one myself, but without the R1200GS logo... :thumb

I only sleep with engineers, but doesn't that prevent cooling air hitting the cross-pipe and the sump fins?

:nenau

To any interested members - here`s a quote from the V Strom boys I have been doing some work for recently. it should indicate where I am coming from on the stuff I am making - don`t think it is all for commercial gain, i do charge for my work but it is a labour of love. All members are welcome to visit my factory and to see how I make all my babies on the side!

Recent Visitors.
by cymarceng on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:09 pm
Hi all, here is an image of a couple of members getting blinged up at my place being Ian and Jools. Jools was a star and helped me cope with 2 demonically possessed M4 fasteners which had welded themselves in place - it took me longer to get the fasteners out than it did to change the oil cooler covers.

blokes, I remain very happy to fit all the gear but pleas be aware that time for me is more valuable than money (actually, I don`t charge for fitting but both Ian and Jools felt sorry for me and gave tips - bless them!) also if you want me to fit the oil cooler cover I will but try to get that f*cking screw out first for me

Anyway, a good time was had by all (I think) and both Jools and Ian seemed well chuffed with the gear. i have now promised a non member that i would bling his Pan up........ oh no, more lost sleep

And geezers I really do have to sort out that R1200GS I am in love with!

cymarceng

by joobyjoo on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 pm
Once again, Mark!

The front fasteners on both mine and Ian's bikes were real pigs to get off, but nothing compared to the effort required in getting the oil cooler cover fastener off
Mark made my innocent young ears bleed with the verbal encouragement he was shrieking out whilst trying to get those off
He had to drill out both mine and Ians. He wasn't happy

He did get very exited once each replacement part had been fitted though Mark's very passionate about his creations. In fact on more than a couple of occasions I thought I was going to have to look away or just give him and the bike some 'Alone time'

So let's talk about the gear change enhancer...............................
Kinell!
Amazing!
Is this what it's supposed to feel like when you change gear?
No clunking?
There's no doubt that this little piece of SS spacer really does the trick and fixes the clunks and knocks.
I couldn't believe it. It's brilliant Right through the gears, up and down, such a noticable difference.
If you don't fancy the bling (Wot, not even the chain guard?) then you have still got to get the gear change enhancer.
You'd be crazy not to

Chain guard: Lovely...........A lot more substantial than the plastic crap that Suzi puts on, and with good looks too.
As with all Mark's stuff, it's a perfect fit and looks like it belongs.
Oil cooler cover: A to remove the old corroded crap one, but well worth it when the new one goes on
Radiator cover: A really tidy piece of kit. You can tell that a lot of work has gone in to this to make it fit sooooOOOooo damn well.
It just slid into place effortlessly. God only knows how many Mark had to throw away before he managed to perfect this work of art
And finally..The reservoir covers: Purely aesthetic. TBH I was in two minds whether or not to get these, but I'm glad I did
They just make it look a little prettier (in a manly kind of way) and at Mark's prices, why the hell not??????????

New fasteners with every new part, brewing up facilities and a shed load of jolly banter....... I'm certainly glad I made the trip.
Thanks to Mark for neglecting his family just to keep us blinged up and happy.
It's much appreciated

joobyjoo

by Mr. T on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:45 pm
Doh! i missed this new thread - great foto, i'm a bit concerned that my bum looks big init, and added my comments to the CYMARC priceList:

Hi Mark, good to meet you today (and joobyjoo), i must say you are looking a bit older than your foto, must be all the grief you are getting from the 650 blokes! Im just glad you started with 1000 stuff, the rad covers fitted like gloves, and the chain guard is a gem! One point that might help Mark (if you blokes/birds are getting him to fit), the little screw that is at the bottom of the oil-rad cover is definetly illigitamate, so, get loads of wd40/thread-freer on before you visit, and avoid a tiresome, stressful drill-out job! (I think we should all moan
to suzuki about quality of some of these fasteners - do we have a powerful voice with them yet?). Finally Mark, whatever possessed you to buy a GS?!?!?
Thanks for some great bling and a good ride out mate!

I reckon Mark is going to get busier over the coming weeks , what with his new GS and BM Bling to make, and now dealing with Pan owners too, so i'd recommend you get in quick if you want some V Strom Bling, and yes, i was paid handsomely to say that!!!

Take Care, and thanks again Mark

Mr. T
by Irategit on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 pm
Well, I guess I should add a few more positive words here.

Mark is a great person to deal with, he was always quick to respond to my questions about the radiator guard for the 650 ABS, even when my PM's were sent in the evening when I was getting home from work which is close to midnight UK time! (I wonder if he ever goes home!).

He suggested I go with DHL for shipping which should be about 4-5 days to Canada. I received a PM Oct 5th saying it was being picked up that day, my girlfriend called me at work on the 6th to say it had been delivered. Just over 24h, that's quick!

Fitting the guard was a piece of cake, I think it took all of 10min. total. I think it looks fantastic, here are a couple of pictures of it in place:

Now I'm beginning to think I should have ordered the oil cooler guard as well. I'm also interested in a belly pan/skid plate, call it what you will, if it is developed. (fingers crossed!).

For those of you that are wondering why I didn't shop closer to home, this is available from a motorcycle shop not too far away from me for $139 (+ taxes) which is 84.25 pounds at Fridays exchange rate.

The choice wasn't a hard one to make!

Re: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
by robby on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm
i'de just like to say a big thankyou to mark for blinging my bike up with the top quality merchandise he's producing at his factory.He's a true gent who it seems is making the v-strom.co.uk products for for no profit !
Any members who's thinking of buying anything of mark i'de say get in there fast before he's swamped with orders.

p.s. if you visit his factory be prepared to make your OWN coffee with powdered milk

pps he's got a very good sense of humour

:blagblah Feck me!!:type Ever worked in Piublic Relations?Advertising!:eek

Price, airflow, website link and public relations

Yep, the item is on fleabay at £39.99 (or something like that) which is cheap as chips for what it is anyway (I think) :nenau

I rode the bike from Aberdeen to Sunny Scunny in 1 warm day with several long-ish stops with no detrimental issues concerning the covering of the cross pipe by the cover. In my opinion, the deflection of the airflow from the relatively small amount of fins (you can see the 3 fins to the right of the cover) the cover is in front of is not significant and certainly did not show any signs of overheating though I do admit I have only had the bike for a couple of months (but ridden my arse off on it).

I, of course, could be talking out of my arse :clap and all I have to draw upon is 20 years as an engineer (with a successful business for that period), more than that as a biker (which qualifies me for nothing :)) and a reasonable dollop of common sense. But seriously, it looks and performs fine to me but nonetheless I always appreciate other people`s opinions as I`d be an idiot if I did not!

The address of my day job web site is www.cymarc.co.uk and as for public relations after reading the thread on BikeBitz Ltd I don`t think mine are half bad even if I am a grumpy old git :thumb

Hi Mark, yes i have heard of your company, your not that far away from me.

just a point tho, you seem a tad full of yourself, and its kinda funny, because regardless of how good you think you are, it makes no difference. :comfort

(god, im good, etc etc look at what folk think of me)

good quality, easy fitting, not expensive stuff will always do well.

keep up the ideas:thumb2

sell stuff here first tho, dont take it straight to evil bay

harry

Close eh?

pleased you have heard of us, you remain welcome to pop in and see what we do for our day jobs.

Sorry, I am `full of myself` - I love the stuff I make (it is far from perfect but soooooooo different from the shite we can all buy off the shelf which is made by souless people in a far away country) and I am very passionate about what I do.

Nonetheless I accept your critisim with due humility - I guess it is something I have to work on and I hope you can understand why I might feel like this - it does my ego no good whatsoever when kindly people tell me my stuff and service is a refreshing change.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and I hope to hear more from you!

:thumb

Hi Mark, yes i have heard of your company, your not that far away from me.

just a point tho, you seem a tad full of yourself, and its kinda funny, because regardless of how good you think you are, it makes no difference. :comfort

(god, im good, etc etc look at what folk think of me)

good quality, easy fitting, not expensive stuff will always do well.

keep up the ideas:thumb2

sell stuff here first tho, dont take it straight to evil bay

harry

Ide agree with that ! I do not care if somebody is a MD of any company that by day churns out loads of products via souless people, and after work you was to roll your sleeves up hand carve cherished parts with love and true emotion and sell them on to passionate bikers.

If its good surely it sells it's self?

pleased you have heard of us, you remain welcome to pop in and see what we do for our day jobs.

Sorry, I am `full of myself` - I love the stuff I make (it is far from perfect but soooooooo different from the shite we can all buy off the shelf which is made by souless people in a far away country) and I am very passionate about what I do.

Nonetheless I accept your critisim with due humility - I guess it is something I have to work on and I hope you can understand why I might feel like this - it does my ego no good whatsoever when kindly people tell me my stuff and service is a refreshing change.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and I hope to hear more from you!

:thumb

Hell mark you got more Google links than well I don’t no what, you shouldn’t apologise for the things you have done rather the things that you have not (ukGSer Discount):aidan

Surely it’s better to be full of yourself than full of somebody else especially for a man!
Or full of you know what!

Any how I like to see new Ideas :thumb :thumb

Back
Top Bottom