Any Turks Bumming the UKGS'er?

celcius said:
yep, we were there too.
nice area, good food and great music too :thumb2 took loads of piccies.
Beautiful roads by the way, now i know why they call it ''Green'' Bursa! :thumb2
glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

celcius said:
Oh well, after the third round trip we simply gave up and made good use of the bushes behind the stands. :D
everyone did.. thats why the grass is greener there :D

one photo.. more will follow..
im the one in the middle, Fenerbahce fan :(
DSCF4251.jpg

camp area
panbe2.jpg

campfire
ayyildiz.jpg

rope pulling
IMG_2346.jpg

competitors of enduro race
DSC_0074-1.jpg

winner
DSC_0559.jpg

Kemal Merkit was there.. he raced in Dakar Tukish team this year, his presentation of the race was awesome
IMG_2334.jpg

Boarding onto the ferry from Pendik to Yalova, weather was rather cloudy and grim, dampening our hopes for a nice ride to Bursa.

A couple of ships waiting off the coast to drop their cargos at port once called in:
7f0f7df0.jpg

f9462269.jpg

53909e6b.jpg

Konuralp; a fellow tosser, cheeky as always come rain or shine!
16cc0213.jpg

Yours truly, trying to strike a decent pose for the camera while tentatively watching that over-loaded truck coming fast round the bend behind Konuralp who is taking the photo, unaware of it all! :D
f1512aaf.jpg

The mandatory ''rough bikers on the road'' photo.
d536612f.jpg

This is the future of camping! Hovering tent, coated with space age anti-gravity nano particles! :p
0f1a648d.jpg

Inflatable matress too large, hand pump too small... desperately looking around to steal an electrical pump from the fellow campers around, while...
28e2a386.jpg

...i am trying to light up our miniscule barbeque for dinner.
1db3c5b1.jpg

Tent finally standing by its own, fire going.. time to crack open a can of cool beer! :augie
9a009ee4.jpg

A friendly neighbor drops by to say ''hi!''
b59d8f97.jpg

Judging by the evil look in Konuralp's eyes, there is only one place this puppy is going!
d692b200.jpg

Jack russell chops, anyone? :augie
8bf5ff9a.jpg

Nah, just kidding! Bursa is quite famous for the quality of local lamb and beef. We definitely agreed with that after downing nearly a kilo of each.

Sending smoke signals to two hot chicks in a tent across the road, to meet after their father falls asleep at night! :p
44129ae8.jpg

Participants in the short-course enduro race:
958ff30a.jpg

78215fcf.jpg

9e18650b.jpg

16175113.jpg

6d16c76b.jpg

Crowd slowly gathering in the small amphitheatre for the night's festivities and performances by some local rock bands.
dce795fd.jpg

Not everyone was so enthusiastic about it though...
b4627d57.jpg

The mandatory ''hanging around the campfire'' photo:
5ea62c02.jpg

On the road back to Yalova, a brief stop for some leg-streching, ass-scratching and a smoke.
ee0236ee.jpg

Our presence did not go unnoticed by the locals:
0755f199.jpg

Other riders also making their way to Bursa and Yalova:
015169cf.jpg

95238ebd.jpg

Trying to make an impression :augie
2e1b5cda.jpg

Stand still like that for a bit longer and you'll have pigeon crap on your head and shoulders in no time! :D
9e342594.jpg

A quick visit to the memorial of some local folk-tales heros in Bursa.
1a11ccee.jpg

All in all a great weekend, nice weather, beautiful roads, peaceful campsite and good music. :thumb2

celcius said:
Inflatable matress too large, hand pump too small... desperately looking around to steal an electrical pump from the fellow campers around, while...
there were many caravans with electrical pumps (including mine :D)

celcius said:
All in all a great weekend, nice weather, beautiful roads, peaceful campsite and good music. :thumb2
told you it was going to be good :D
weather was not as hot as last year but i still managed to get my neck red :Motomartin
see you next time :beerjug:

celcius said:
Participants in the short-course enduro race:
we had to keep the track short and not so technical, too many risks otherwise.. it was not a professional race, but then it took me total of 5 hours to prepare the track on thursday and friday..
then i was one of the marshalls.. the one that blew the whistle at the start line :aidan

dsc5335b.jpg

dsc5343q.jpg

...then i was one of the marshalls.. the one that blew the whistle at the start line :aidan

dsc5335b.jpg

dsc5343q.jpg

yep, and we were two of those twats standing in the run-off area behind the finishing line, to whom you barked to go stand somewhere else unless wanting to get run over by the competitors! :hide

celcius said:
yep, and we were two of those twats standing in the run-off area behind the finishing line, to whom you barked to go stand somewhere else unless wanting to get run over by the competitors! :hide
i am mean , aren't i :ronno

celcius said:
get official approval from expatinistanbul before setting the dates next year! :D
that'll cost him..

did i mention i like downing a few pints and start a new bottle of single malt before i decide anything :augie

:JB

probably same time next year; last weekend in may

that'll cost him..

did i mention i like downing a few pints and start a new bottle of single malt before i decide anything :augie

:JB

probably same time next year; last weekend in may

You can mention anything you like, including enjoying a month long vacation in Barbados with twin blonde Russian sisters doing everything you ask, but it won't make it happen.

ExpatinIstanbul said:
You can mention anything you like, including enjoying a month long vacation in Barbados with twin blonde Russian sisters doing everything you ask..
you twisted my arm.. tell me when you want the camp and i'll tell you when i am going to barbados :hug

today's route..
rotak.jpg

some photos..
13062010327.jpg

13062010330.jpg

13062010335.jpg

13062010305.jpg

we never ride on empty stomach..
beans with peperoni, baked with butter
13062010307.jpg

energy blast, turkish desert;sutlu kadayif with helva and findik (hazelnut).. :hug
13062010314.jpg

mehmet

thats yummy....keske tr de olsak ta yesek...iskocyada anlamazlar yahu

offfffffff sahane keske olsa da yesek yahu..ama ingilterede ne anlarlar..sagol kardes.

Hi you all guys. Guess who I've just had here?
Malcolm Leick just left my home en route to Black Sea. We met last night and had a long chatty on where to stay, what to see...
About an hour ago, he set off for Akçakoca, his first city on the Black Sea coast. Pics will come.
Safe Rides to you all.

Back
Top Bottom