Steptoe Equivalent?

Well I'm definitely up for it and have also PM'd Steptoe who in principle has agreed to come up.

I also would like throttles balanced and valves adjusted and possibly the fuel filter changing.

I also would also like both front and rear suspension changed as I have replacements.

Engine bars fitting as well as a light bar with lights fitted and wired.

I know most of you guys could probably do these things yourself but I'm a complete numpty when it comes to anything remotely mechanical. I have no problem building a house or fitting a bathroom or stuff like that but mechanics I steer well clear of.

So I'm definitely up for it so just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Well unless anyone else can sort a workshop and ramp :nenau

I will try and sort it out, so:

Bilco please mention at the meet tomorrow night.

For the rest, i need to know who is serious and what works they require to work out time scales.

Example i need valves checked/ throttle bodies balanced/ TPS checked and clutch adjusted for starters. Time allowing fuel filter replaced.

Would think this is going to be a Saturday, unless the saint says different

Den, I'd be looking for Valve end float, valve clearances, TBs balanced.

+ 1 dont know much about mechanics but engine does sound like a bag ov shite sometimes ,or its just a bm , anyway happy just to let someone have a look who knows there stuff and any work carried out in time avalible.

I'll ask my mate in Evesham tomorrow for a space in his workshop. He has a bike lift and coffee machine:D

Engine bars fitting as well as a light bar with lights fitted and wired.

Reluctant to fit electrical items away from my workshop. I won't have all my "bits and pieces" with me, plus does it come with a loom ? does one have to be made, what about switches .

I don't want to do jobs where i can't work out a time frame.

The other problem is fuel filter changes or anything that breaks, snaps or i find fecked . Where can i drain and keep the fuel while it's being changed ?
What if a fuel pump housing stud snaps off due to corrosion as it's removed. Thats means you aren't going anywhere and the bike is stuck where ever we are and i'm off back home. Do you fully understand the situation.

Reluctant to fit electrical items away from my workshop. I won't have all my "bits and pieces" with me, plus does it come with a loom ? does one have to be made, what about switches .

I don't want to do jobs where i can't work out a time frame.

The other problem is fuel filter changes or anything that breaks, snaps or i find fecked . Where can i drain and keep the fuel while it's being changed ?
What if a fuel pump housing stud snaps off due to corrosion as it's removed. Thats means you aren't going anywhere and the bike is stuck where ever we are and i'm off back home. Do you fully understand the situation.

Ok no problem as I understand what you're saying.

The light bar is a pre made set-up from "How Much" from this forum. It has wires and as far as I understand requires only four wires to be connected, two to the battery, one to the back of the headlight and the other to the indicator cancel switch. Would this still be an issue?

What about the other things I would like doing, like throttles balanced and valves adjusted.

I also would also like both front and rear suspension changed as I have replacements & engine bars fitting.

I can get my mates workshop and bike ramp for the day which is near Evesham. It's nice and big and he even has a coffee machine and there is a Cafe on the site.

Any Saturday between now and Christmas will be good and as long as he gets a cash contribution to his bike race team fund he's happy to let a load of tossers in:thumb

Steptoe will confirm which date he is available so please can you let me know on here what you want doing to your bike so Neil can plan the day? What can't happen is someone turning up and wanting all sorts of work doing without prior warning.

He won't be able to do things like Oilcans lights and wants to concentrate on more technical stuff like valve's, throttle balancing and service work.

Please also can you get all the bits you will need such as filters etc? Service kits are available from your dealer or Motorworks.

OK guys, first come, first served so please let me know a.s.a.p.:thumb

I can get my mates workshop and bike ramp for the day which is near Evesham. It's nice and big and he even has a coffee machine and there is a Cafe on the site.

Any Saturday between now and Christmas will be good and as long as he gets a cash contribution to his bike race team fund he's happy to let a load of tossers in:thumb

Steptoe will confirm which date he is available so please can you let me know on here what you want doing to your bike so Neil can plan the day? What can't happen is someone turning up and wanting all sorts of work doing without prior warning.

He won't be able to do things like Oilcans lights and wants to concentrate on more technical stuff like valve's, throttle balancing and service work.

Please also can you get all the bits you will need such as filters etc? Service kits are available from your dealer or Motorworks.

OK guys, first come, first served so please let me know a.s.a.p.:thumb

Thanks for the PM's guys about the lights. I'll get these done separately so as not to take up any unnecessary time.

I would still like to get my throttles balanced and my valves done.

Any chance I could get both front & rear suspension changed and my engine bars fitted? I have replacements for the suspension.

I wouldn't mind my rear wheel bearing checked if possible too.

Let me know a date and I'll be there.

Any chance I could get both front & rear suspension changed and my engine bars fitted? .

If you want answers you'll have to fill in the blanks in your questions...

Do you have a CAT fitted or a Y piece. If you've a cat fitted it has to come off to get the lower suspension mounting bolt out. Which can turn into a saga in some cases.

And what make of engine bars are they ? - Some are straightforward to fit and some aren't.

Think I've been pissin into the wind :nenau

Apologies Den because I've just read your post. Hope I haven't upset any plans because I didn't realise you were arranging anything.

Sorry Den, but a big thanks for putting yourself out and helping :clap :thumb. We asked for suggestions and if anyone knew anywhere we could work from - . You offered the use a friends motorcycle shop but it wasn't taken up, as weren't other offers.

If you want answers you'll have to fill in the blanks in your questions...

Do you have a CAT fitted or a Y piece. If you've a cat fitted it has to come off to get the lower suspension mounting bolt out. Which can turn into a saga in some cases.

And what make of engine bars are they ? - Some are straightforward to fit and some aren't.

Hi Steptoe

With regards your questions. My bike is an 1100 and was I believe a German import. I'm not sure of it has a cat or not but I'm pretty sure access to the lower rear suspension is ok as I've had a look and if I could do it (which I can't as I'm not competent enough) I could get a spanner on the lower suspension nuts each side to undo them, but you obviously no better from experience. I have attached a couple of photos in the hope that it might help you identify what it is and if it can be done easily.

The engine bars are Touratech,

Attachments

• DSCF1110_Small.jpg
    DSCF1110_Small.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0627_small.jpg
    DSCF0627_small.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 159
No probs, I don't mind coming to Bilco's mates, less hassle for me.I just want me throttle bodies and valves done.

OK, so far we have:

Oilcan: 1100GS Suspension change, TB's, valves and check over

Big Den: 1100GS TB's, valve check

Lord Snooty: 1150GS TB's, valve check

Mad Moose: 1100S TB's, valve check

Sgt Bilco: 1100GS TB's valve's, fork seals and check over

Any more?

OK, so far we have:

Oilcan: 1100GS Suspension change, TB's, valves and check over

Big Den: 1100GS TB's, valve check

Lord Snooty: 1150GS TB's, valve check

Mad Moose: 1100S TB's, valve check

Sgt Bilco: 1100GS TB's valve's, fork seals and check over

Any more?

Put me down for TB's, Valve check and a general check over please, 1150GS :thumb2

any one needing tyres fitted and balanced on the day bring your tyres with you just put a few beer tokens into c&d auto`s race team fund on the day

Back
Top Bottom