Wunderlich Headlamp adjuster

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
English fitting instructions by Ross Cole & Ian Underwood

ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS

1. Dismantle/remove the existing Headlamp assembly.

2. Locate and hold the new Headlight assembly with the adjuster screw to the right hand side, then screw the adjuster screw into the existing threaded hole.
Screw in until the locating lugs/holes are in place.

3. Locate the Bolt M5x15 and together with the Lock-nut, tighten but only until the bolt can only just be moved. (I think they mean finger tight-ish)

PS.
To adjust the headlight, screwing the adjuster screw towards the Tank will lengthen the Beam.

It's a doddle to fit.

Just remove the original turn-buckle thing by pulling cir-clip back towards head-stock till clear of shaft. Push pin out from right hand side. Lift original adjuster clear of frame-lug and unscrew from upper black plastic ball joint. Screw threaded part of Wunderlich Gizmo into black plastic ball joint a couple of turns, tilt headlight down by hand & locate base of unit over & around frame-lug. Insert supplied Allen bolt and fit nut. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN! Just enough so that nylock collar suitably engaged. Don't worry about the positioning of the ball joint, as the headlamp will move up or down to suit. Turn dial anti-clockwise towards tank to lengthen beam.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the MOT requires the beam to be just below the centre line of the headlamp at 3.8M from the lens with the rider aboard.

wunderheadlight.jpg

Back
Top Bottom