Any green lanes around Alnwick/Seahouses?

Your right the roads are open and Public in the ranges. thought this thread was about Green Lanes in Northumberland sorry didn't realise it had been changed to "we don't ride green lanes we ride Tarmac lanes thread" I also presume when you mean about rides in the Cheviots you mean the A68 and A697 (that's the Wooler road for those who can't read maps) Capt a meeting sometime is no bother not sure i'll be able to comment much you only seem to ride Tarmac "lanes".

"Whatever"...as they say... I can only speak for myself: I was surprised to find that many of the lanes I've ridden were never legal - I don't disbelieve you.
When you mentioned trespass on the ranges I commented on using the range roads some of which do have tarmac surfaces.

Things don't always read like we mean them to on this interweb thingy.

I come in here to relax, maybe have a bit of banter - I can get grief enough at work so, I'll leave you all to it in this particular thread.

:beerjug:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186860

Brian i was the other person who orginised the above run out to the ranges. I have been going up there since i was a teenager as my mates dad had one of the farms on the ranges. I am over 50 now and i have had no trouble up there at all. Me and KELVING and some of our freinds go up in summer and winter we speak to to camp security and the shepards on a regular basis as long as your bikes are legal there is no problems. What they are trying to stamp out is the illegal riders (no mot ,tax ,insurance,) the ones that come on a trailer and go anywhere and chew it all up, who are riding in forbiden areas and worrying the sheep at lambing time. Tom wilkinson used to have the farm at the foot of cheviot and his sons Colin and Tom junior used to do rallying he used to let me and few others take our rally cars up there to test them. We also used to do the rally on the ranges that used to be on new years day. The reason that all events were canceled on the ranges was that a spectator was killed during one of these rallys a car came of the road and ploughed in to the crowd killing a young schoolboy from ashington
There is a plaque there now in rememberance. It was because of this that all events were canceled. If you look at the photos in the thread you will see that not all of the ride is on tarmac rodes. There is some good offroading to do up there if you have the permission. We cant all be green lane gods like yourself but what we do do is enjoy our days out riding our bikes. I think you need to go to anger management as every previous post of yours i have read is always having a go at someone or other ie louey and poor snoopy. I have never met you but i have met a lot of people from this site and it has been a pleasure to meet them, no airs or graces just people who want to ride their bikes and enjoy it. And by the respones we got back thats what people did. LIFES TO SHORT FOR CONFRONTATIONS

yalcrabm

Back
Top Bottom