Is this the end for BFPO?

Deleted account 231211001

Reaction score
Taken from a petition request on the No.10

Armed Forces have been advised that the BFPO facilities in mainland europe will be shut from September 2010. Personnel, and their families, deployed in europe currently enjoy the same postal rates as the UK. Withdrawal of this long established tradition will further erode personnel's ability to communicate with their families in the UK and safe receipt of parcels etc through a secure network.

Is this government taking the f*cking pi*s or what?????:mad::mad::mad:

Taken from a petition request on the No.10

Armed Forces have been advised that the BFPO facilities in mainland europe will be shut from September 2010. Personnel, and their families, deployed in europe currently enjoy the same postal rates as the UK. Withdrawal of this long established tradition will further erode personnel's ability to communicate with their families in the UK and safe receipt of parcels etc through a secure network.

Is this government taking the f*cking pi*s or what?????:mad::mad::mad:

Aye I think they are....just signed the petition ;)

I would be questioning the validity of the statement before jumping on the bandwagon tbh. I have certainly heard nothing about it. I certainly can't see any sensitive documents going through the German mail system...

Try contacting this lot:
http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/contactus.htm
There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on their website either...

I would be questioning the validity of the statement before jumping on the bandwagon tbh. I have certainly heard nothing about it. I certainly can't see any sensitive documents going through the German mail system...

Try contacting this lot:
http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/contactus.htm
There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on their website either...

Sorry, should have included this link to back up my spurious post:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...l_And_Vile:_MEP_Slams_Decision_On_Forces_Post

Sorry, should have included this link to back up my spurious post:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...l_And_Vile:_MEP_Slams_Decision_On_Forces_Post

Cheers. :)

I guess this is what happens when things get civilianised.
The mail system always used to be run by the Royal Engineers so was just part of the big budget.
Now it's run by civvies cost cutting will be the aim of the day.

To be fair tho, the offices they are closing aren't exactly large volume at a guess:
Brussels, Brunssum, Ramstein, Stavanger, Karup, Naples, Rome, Milan, Lisbon, Valencia and US naval base in Norfolk, Virginia.

Withdrawal of this long established tradition will further erode personnel's ability to communicate with their families in the UK

In an age of email, calling cards, mobiles, text's, skype, flickr, twitter and Facebook I think this might be an over exaggeration. They've never had it so good. Think of poor Tommy in the Trenches. I bet he couldn't text his missus :augie

Think of poor Tommy in the Trenches. I bet he couldn't text his missus :augie

And in Afghanistan and Iraq you cant text your missus either.

We get our 20 mins free calls a week....sorry 30 mins now...we get an extra 10 mins so it looks a bit better than the 20 mins you get when detained at Her Majesties Pleasure.:Motomartin

And regardless of Skype, Facebook blah blah you cant beat getting a letter or a parcel....Serious morale boosters. :thumb2

And in Afghanistan and Iraq you cant text your missus either.

We get our 20 mins free calls a week....sorry 30 mins now...we get an extra 10 mins so it looks a bit better than the 20 mins you get when detained at Her Majesties Pleasure.:Motomartin

And regardless of Skype, Facebook blah blah you cant beat getting a letter or a parcel....Serious morale boosters. :thumb2
Hence nobody is closing the BFPO system for Herrick.
Just to Brussels, Brunssum, Ramstein, Stavanger, Karup, Naples, Rome, Milan, Lisbon, Valencia and US naval base in Norfolk, Virginia all of which have perfectly acceptable civil communications systems in place and not enough UK personnel to warrant the fairly high cost of manning a BFPO, and the few people there really don't have to worry about morale.

The petition is a nonsense to be honest and won't be getting my signature.

Each to their own....

I was merely putting across that its nice to get a letter....Did i say that the Herrick post offices were closing??? Sure i did not :thumb2

To be fair tho, the offices they are closing aren't exactly large volume at a guess:
Brussels, Brunssum, Ramstein, Stavanger, Karup, Naples, Rome, Milan, Lisbon, Valencia and US naval base in Norfolk, Virginia.

Large Volume or not i dont want them to close...My preference. You have yours.:thumb2

Each to their own....

I was merely putting across that its nice to get a letter....Did i say that the Herrick post offices were closing??? Sure i did not :thumb2
Did i say that the you did??? Sure i did not :thumb

I was merely agreeing that you cant beat getting a letter or a parcel, at least when on an op tour, not so much stuck in a somewhat cushty European post.

Large Volume or not i dont want them to close...My preference. You have yours.:thumb2
Indeed I do. :thumb2

I'll take my usual seat for this one Adam......:D

:popcorn
I'm not sure why. I've voiced my opinion, it clearly differs from some other peoples. C'est la vie. :)
I'm sure nobody would be so stupid to berate me for daring to differ in opinion would they? :nenau

Adam your not being berated for your opinion mate......as i said and indeed you have said ....each to our own..:thumb2

Oh will you two stop pretending you don't care you are starting to sound a bit:ymca

You should :Aurelius until one of you:surrender.

The winner can then:steptoe

Only kidding
All my love:kissy2
SF

Adam your not being berated for your opinion mate......as i said and indeed you have said ....each to our own..:thumb2
Yeah I know chap, that was my point to Pukmeister. We can have different opinions and not lose sleep or hold a grudge about it. :thumb2
Hell, I'm a squaddie, I can call you a c@nt and still share a beer or three with ya. ;)
There's a few on here could learn a thing or two.

Yeah I know chap, that was my point to Pukmeister. We can have different opinions and not lose sleep or hold a grudge about it. :thumb2
Hell, I'm a squaddie, I can call you a c@nt and still share a beer or three with ya. ;)
There's a few on here could learn a thing or two.
:clap:claphe shoots he scores:D:D:D:D

I don't care what outfit you're serving in, thats gotta be a bell-ring offence at the mess bar.;)

I don't care what outfit you're serving in, thats gotta be a bell-ring offence at the mess bar.;)

Second that ...

Adam you will have to do a forfeit....how about dance of the flaming arsehole and then you can put the beers on ya mess bill...:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom