XChallenge quick reference thread.

There is two bearings side by side in the sprocket carrier they hold a "sleeve" or bush which the axle goes through. It could be the unlabeled item in the diagram between parts #5 and #7. Anyway this bush requires larger inside diameter bearings (25mm)

I got my bearings from a bearing supplier where 2 sealed bearings and 2 seals cost me roughly half the price of a single bmw spares bearing

Oops yes ..

Yes there are 2 Bearings in the drive (sprocket) hub, but the dimensions in the diagram are incorrect. One of the points of confusion with the rear bearings is all the BMW diagrams have the wrong info on them regarding the rear bearings.

Lets try again: ( i wont bother re-doing the links - use the links in the first cut)

Bearings Front: 2 x 20x42x12mm. SKF 60042RSH

Seals Front: 2 x 25x42x7mm R23

Bearings Rear: 2 x 20x42x12mm. SKF 60042RSH

Bearings Drive Hub: 2 x 25x47x12mm SKF 60052RSH

Seals Rear: 1 x 32x47x7mm R23 + 1 x 32x42x7mm R23

I got my bearings from a bearing supplier where 2 sealed bearings and 2 seals cost me roughly half the price of a single bmw spares bearing

Ditto ... you buy from BMW and you will get SKF bearings. You buy the same SKF bearings from the links above and the £18 bearing suddenly costs £4.

Valve Clearances

Valve clearance, inlet valve
engine cold max. 35 °C
0.03...0.11 mm

Valve clearance, exhaust valve
engine cold max. 35 °C
0.25...0.33 mm

You don't have the RepRom Cole ?

Valve clearance, inlet valve
engine cold max. 35 °C
0.03...0.11 mm

Valve clearance, exhaust valve
engine cold max. 35 °C
0.25...0.33 mm

You don't have the RepRom Cole ?

excellent thanks ... no i dont have it :(

Domino clutch lever from 97-99 KTM 640 LC4 ref 58402042000. You need to drill out the pivot hole to 8mm and remove the plastic part from the outside of the cable end. Snip one edge and remove carefully so you can replace later it if necessary.

from advrider

Swingarm Bearings:
NEEDLE BEARING,
LEFT - 25X32X26 - HK2526 - open on both sides
RIGHT - 30X37X26 - BK3026 - closed on one side

Seals

25x32x4 seals 2 pcs - for left side
30x37x4 seal 1pcs - for right side

Left side bearing pin can be hard to move - good wrench or pneumatic key will help.
Right side bearing pin is mounted with 3 small screws, and after they are removed, should go out easily.

-------------------

When I tried to take mine apart and grease it I couldn't get the bolt out at the base of the shock. Got the nut loose but couldn't shift the bolt. It had to go into the dealer for that one. Problem is that water collects in the hole in the swingarm when the bike is on the side stand. I packed mine with grease and stuffed a wine cork in there.

That's why I have a corkscrew with me when I go away ...:jager

Problem is that water collects in the hole in the swingarm when the bike is on the side stand. I packed mine with grease and stuffed a wine cork in there.
Mine after 2years and 15k km goes with no problems :) no wine corks used before.

I have small problems first few movements with left side bearing pin lock, but finallyit goes away. :augie

Regards
Lucas

Chain Roller Bearings

Does anyone know the size and type of bearings for the chain rollers? the Max BMW fiche suggests 8x22x7 but based on previous threads is that accurate ? also are they open, sheilded or sealed ? Dont have access to my bike at the moment to look

cheers

Does anyone know the size and type of bearings for the chain rollers? the Max BMW fiche suggests 8x22x7 but based on previous threads is that accurate ? also are they open, sheilded or sealed ? Dont have access to my bike at the moment to look

cheers

I think that the top chain roller is subject to a recall, so you might get a free from your local dealer, Bristol Motorrad

Check with them

called them and waiting for a response :augie

Popped into my local dealer (Ocean, Plymouth) and got the bike booked in for the beginning of August. Aparently they are busy with a 1200gs recall at the moment.

New top chain guide and new cr*p flap for the shock - 25 minutes quoted. Booked it in as the first job of the day so I can ride in, have a cuppa and mooch around the new bikes while they do it, then ride away.

Radiator fan producent SPAL - model VA69A-A101-87A
If that one is not available you can try to order another one with A101 engine and replace housing VA69A and fins 87A from failed one.

Does anyone know the size and type of bearings for the chain rollers? the Max BMW fiche suggests 8x22x7 but based on previous threads is that accurate ? also are they open, sheilded or sealed ?

for reference they're sealed 8x22x7
rgds

Back
Top Bottom