fed up, need a gadget

Deleted Member

Looking for a swiss army gadget to take on biking trips to do following

Write info, addresses etc into it ala pda, mobile phone.
Play mp3's.
Download digi camera pix to free up cards.

And if there is a gps gadget that does above then Bob is indeed related to me!

alan hopkins said:

Play mp3's.

somebody please tell him this gadget doesn´t exist

Sorry it does, but you need a truck to carry the batteries :D

This is all you want except phone. I have it's predecessor which is bloody good, but this one beats it all:

Archos

Re: Re: fed up, need a gadget

richie said:
They have just bought out a swiss army knife with a 128 meg flash card in it, will that do?

i prefer the swiss army wife that gives you blow jobs.

:eek: :eek:

Swiss army penknife envy

My little coveted object of desire is currently a:-

<iframe frameborder="1" height="700" scrolling="auto" src="http://www.smartdisk.com/Products/DigitalMultimedia/FlashTrax.asp" width="750"></iframe>

Sony Clie

Just found a Sony Clie in a drawer at work, it appears the last user fecked it up and no-one knew how to get it going again (mind you he was a reputed half-wit). Took it home and gave it to the 17yr old who promptly found the reset hole and bingo ! Apparently all I need now is a 'memory stick/card' so i'm looking in the same set of drawers ! Not bad for nowt !
However it apparently does everything you detailed except the phone bit.

alan hopkins said:

Play mp3's.

I have the HP Jornada that does most those things although I hardly ever use it and know you can download software for them. Sync it with my outlook which have calender, contacts, inbox etc. Can play sound, you do get clip on digi camera accesory for it and the list goes on. Don't think I use 2% of what it can do. Problem is battery life which is very poor. Never used the phone on it and it does play music. The fact that you can pop compact flash into the bugger does not limit you to memory.

Here is a review..

<a href="http://www.web-user.co.uk/products/prod_rev.php?rid=550&cid=217">HP Jornada 928</a>

Hope it points you in the right direction

gadget!!

Have a look at the SVP E200 (currently by Orange, but available thru others). I have been well impressed with this "phone" that does all of that. It does MP3, MS Internet Explorer, Still & Video camera blah blah blah. You can even do your mapping via the internet on the phone. Couple of tips as well if you're interested:
1) Remove the SD Card when not required and double the battery life.
2) Get the flexi keyboard as a freebie. (tell the orange retailer its included via the web!). It makes life so much easier.
3) It plugs straight into the autocom headset cable. no need for fancy adapters
4) Holding the "home" key for 4 secs, brings up the option to disconnect from GPRS. (This is not in the manual, and 2 Orange retail outlets believed it to be a faulty phone).
5) Sellotape a leatherman to the side and you've got the penknife side covered!!!
:beer:

And consider the P900

As you're a man of unlimited funds (ahem!), try the SonyEricsson P900. Excellent phone/PDA, takes decent quality stills/video (for a phone that is), plays MP3s, removable Memory Stick (Duo) up to 128mb.

Attachments

• p900-1.jpg
    p900-1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 227
Yep, I've had the p900 about 2 weeks now, and it's not bad. You need to get some 128mb cards for music, 32mb isn't enough for 1 cd at a listenable quality. The pictures aren't too bad for snapshots, see below.

It does do camera/phone/email/internet/walkman all fairly well though, and can be got for about 150 from the carphone whorehouse on Orange £30/mo.

Attachments

• weyhill.jpg
    weyhill.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 224
and who's been sleeping in my bed...

oblertone said:
Just found a Sony Clie in a drawer at work, it appears the last user fecked it up and no-one knew how to get it going again (mind you he was a reputed half-wit). Took it home and gave it to the 17yr old who promptly found the reset hole and bingo ! Apparently all I need now is a 'memory stick/card' so i'm looking in the same set of drawers ! Not bad for nowt !
However it apparently does everything you detailed except the phone bit.

Got to work this morning to find some ba$tard has stolen my sony clie. I left it in my drawer on friday I'm sure I did!:D

Back
Top Bottom