1000 miler Undercrackers

AberdeenAngus

Reaction score
What's your recommendations for underwear on long distance runs.
I've heard cycling shorts with gel pads can be good.
Also heard arguements for and against cotton versus man made fibres.

I thought silk might be usefull but was told that silk + sweat = 200grade wet&dry.

So, what's best and where did you get 'em ?

Forget cotton. It's not a good material for any kind of performance application. Weight for weight, silk absorbs more moisture than any other fabric so it's pretty good at absorbing sweat and it stays warm when wet unlike cotton.

I've never come across cycling underwear with gel pads. All my pairs have some sort of artificial chamois in them. That's probably the best route for long days in the saddle.

You could do worse than starting here.....

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebw...tOrderID=1&f_bct=c003156c003157c003760c003772

Calling Doc Savage! :cool:

4024122968_ff608e31dc.jpg

In the June 2009 edition of Trail Magazine (a walking not a bike magazine) there was a mini review of 12 of the best pants for quick drying, wicking fabric.

These stood up well but I suppose after a 1000 miler any pants would. :rolleyes:

Smartwool microweight boxers £25
Falke athletic cool briefs £19
X-Bionic trekking underwear pants £18.50
Icebreaker beast boxer £28
The North Face summit boxers £20

Seasoned travelers prefer to pack light. That's why ExOfficio created high-tech travel underwear. It air dries in just two to four hours so you can travel with fewer pairs. The moisture-wicking nylon/spandex stretch fabric is lightweight, breathable, non-binding and odor-resistant - ideal for long flights and humid climates. And best of all, it's incredibly comfortable. Works well for me, not the cheapest but the best I have found and used! In fact so good I tend to use every day as so comfortable. Available from here - www.magellans.com

trolley change

Just wair what your comfortable in ,as everything will be damp an sweaty at some stage ,the key is to change an wash daily(your ring that is):bounce1:blast

Back
Top Bottom