Laser cutting & fabrication resources

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 1/4 of a million pounds of laser cutting technology at my disposal along with significant fabrication facilites and craftsmen also all at my disposal (honest).

I am the MD of my own company www.cymarc.co.uk and apart from making stuff for the MOD blah blah blah I make bike parts as I have an R1200GS (and a CB1300) - you`ll see a crud catcher I have made on the forum in the toyz bits.

I have been a biker for nearly 30 years and do a lot of work, cheaply, for bikers because a) I can b) I don`t need the money (honest again, I`m loaded - don`t believe me come and visit! :D).

If you get stuck give me a shout on mark@cymarc.co.uk and if I can`t help you I`ll point you in the right direction.

I`ll happily help Tossers but, sorry, no w*nkers :)

Can you do this?:nenau

arts_bond-getty-gold_584.jpg

Al :thumb2

i went fishing once

mine was the biggest fish ever seen

ever tried a ducati? they would love you

Last edited:
good on ya mark I can see my xmas list is gonna take a hammering.:thumb2 How much would you charge and have you made any of these plates that replace the rear seat on a gs and increase the stowage capacity?Dont know what they are called,but they are extort----- extret--- bloody dear!!! to buy:bow

Anyone heard the one about the dog in a manger:blast

You get the offer of "playing" with a laser cutter, making any bits/brackets you need, and you take the p!ss

look, im not against anyone making things for the right money, in fact im all for it, especially if its quality like Mark Hootons stuff.

but.....

theres having confidence in your work

and

theres having a big head, and bragging

look, im not against anyone making things for the right money, in fact im all for it, especially if its quality like Mark Hootons stuff.

but.....

theres having confidence in your work

and

theres having a big head, and bragging

I'm sure he's more than good enough to make stuff for those german tractors we own... at least he's offered.. i pity him with some of the PM's... i'm sure he'll get asking for something weird:D

Anyone heard the one about the dog in a manger:blast

You get the offer of "playing" with a laser cutter, making any bits/brackets you need, and you take the p!ss

"The equipment's worth a fortune" "I'm worth a fortune"..................

What the feck did you expect? :nenau

Al :augie

"The equipment's worth a fortune" "I'm worth a fortune"..................

What the feck did you expect? :nenau

Al :augie

I'm not trying to defend his attitude, but I'm sure he won't be interested in any requests for help from this site now.

Bloke does some good bits for GSs if you'd care to look further than your keyboard.

Sometimes the urge to be a clever shite just fecks some of you over.

:comfort

Bloke does some good bits for GSs if you'd care to look further than your keyboard.

Sometimes the urge to be a clever shite just fecks some of you over.

:comfort

+1

Maybe it is the beer:beer: speaking

You post in UKGSer you're gonna have the piss taken.
However, Mark has made a very generous offer and being something of a newbie doesn't deserve too much flak as we haven't the measure of the man quite yet.
I don't think his post was meant as bragging so much as explaining that he can make some stuff we might want, at a nice price.

Hi all, I have a 1/4 of a million pounds of laser cutting technology at my disposal along with significant fabrication facilites and craftsmen also all at my disposal (honest).

I am the MD of my own company www.cymarc.co.uk and apart from making stuff for the MOD blah blah blah I make bike parts as I have an R1200GS (and a CB1300) - you`ll see a crud catcher I have made on the forum in the toyz bits.

I have been a biker for nearly 30 years and do a lot of work, cheaply, for bikers because a) I can b) I don`t need the money (honest again, I`m loaded - don`t believe me come and visit! :D).

If you get stuck give me a shout on mark@cymarc.co.uk and if I can`t help you I`ll point you in the right direction.

I`ll happily help Tossers but, sorry, no w*nkas :)[/QUOTE]

and whats wrong with wonka's ?

wonker1.jpg

:nenau

Willy-Wonka.jpg

I bet he can make a chocolate tea pot in his factory :augie

fantastic.

OK maybe the head was a bit big to ambitous to ask you to try and make I mean hell it must cost a fortune i still think its cool to see i dont come accross many. Ide put it in my rear garden it would be a good talking point:D

I think its great to see new companies making different products of the same theme and new ground breaking products:clap :clap :clap also its good to see an MD here can you imagine having a one to one here with the MD of TT
(perhaps he is here maybe lying low as some one you would never guess who att ? a moderator)
Getting back to GS related things what else do you make for the GS other than the crud catcher and it realy does look good i must admit it looks really classy and has good function too. (but i do see a design flaw in it do you state not for off road use?)

It would be realy nice to see what other fantastic wonderfull things that you make for the GS range others here have mentioned that you make bit'S for the G.S. is there a link to these products.

I would also like to add its fantastic and so thoughtfull and tactile for you to offer a discount to ukgser's :bow its hard times for people and christmas is around the corner and "every little helps" have you got your tree up yet? I have a marketing idea for you on a smaller scale i see your products vary what do you think of this i think there realy big in america, can you imagine how many of these babies you could make if that big head was melted? wow:thumb it could be a big seller i know you want one :augie

http://www.comficozi.com/ego-booster.html

:nenau :nenau :nenau :nenau

what do you think ?

looking forward to hearing about your exciting gs product range!!:beerjug:
all the best :aidan

Nice offer!!

Could have done with your help when I had to make a deflector to stop my numberplate melting after de-catting.

Hi Mark,

How about a 1200 head protector made out of nice thick plate. I'd like something like the cast ones that Steptoe had done for the 1150s but he didn't answer my last query about whether he would make some.

My main aim, whoever provides the solution, is to provide a sacrificial lump of metal which both takes the wear from the slide if the bike goes down, and protects the head cover from being damaged. When you're 400 miles from the nearest BuMW dealer having a broken head cover could mean far too much walking and a shade less fun.

Mounting etc would have to be carefully considered as reliance on the 6mm set screws that BMW use is reputedly a waste of time. If the bike goes down, either the screws bend/break or the casting gets damaged.

Happy to discuss any thoughts on design etc.

Cheers

Dave

Back
Top Bottom