Generous Members

freeloader

Reaction score
...of the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain have this weekend donated a total of £233.27 towards the Calum's Road fund, at a sled dog rally in Tentsmuir Forest in Fife (on my back door, almost literally).

This was made up of individuals donating £153.27, and £80 was donated from the Club's funds as a thank-you to me for sitting beside a forestry gate and opening it whenever they needed access.

Another rally in a month's time... :D

Mostly they're Catherine's friends, since the huskies are her "thing", rather than mine, but I'm grateful to them all the same. :thumb2

Today's weapon of choice...
2009-11-22153610.jpg

VERy geneorous members :)

I'll bet it was really good fun stood in the cold and the rain for two days :clap

Andres

I have a confession.

Catherine did an hour in the middle of each day to let me trundle home and have a coffee (and anything else that cropped up :augie), so it wasn't a full 7 hour stretch each day.

And it did rain both days, but only for about half of Saturday and not too much on Sunday.

And I was wearing the full HG suit, TCX boots (good choice I think, feet were warm and comfy all weekend). And I had a selection of hats. :D

Saturday I read Private Eye and Car Mechanics (stop tittering at the back please), Sunday I finished Sam Manicom's Africa book that's been in my van's door pocket for months.

So all in all, not a bad weekend. :thumb

Did you try to sell any of thema chair as a more practicle replacement for dogs and sleds?

Well done that man anyway!

Yir a good man Davie it just proves that the charity funds haven't hit a stone wall and is carrying on with gusto:clap:clap:clap

Looks like ye wid have been drier jumping off a jetty:D

Yir a good man Davie it just proves that the charity funds haven't hit a stone wall and is carrying on with gusto:clap:clap:clap

Looks like ye wid have been drier jumping off a jetty:D
By half way through Saturday morning I'd put my helmet on for the rain. On Sunday I had an umbrella. :D

2009-11-22092410.jpg

2009-11-22093115.jpg

There's another rally here in four weeks' time, and they've asked me to do the same again.

My guess is it might just be colder by then... :blast

...of the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain have this weekend donated a total of £233.27 towards the Calum's Road fund, at a sled dog rally in Tentsmuir Forest in Fife (on my back door, almost literally).

This was made up of individuals donating £153.27, and £80 was donated from the Club's funds as a thank-you to me for sitting beside a forestry gate and opening it whenever they needed access.

Another rally in a month's time... :D

Great work Dave :thumb2

In an effort to achieve my Target, We made up a few collecting tins (bought from a card/gift shop ) one sits in the house and gets rattled at anyone foolish enough to visit, whilst another is at our favourite restaurant where the staff are hoping to get a few donations during the party season.

Attachments

• 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 95
A better photie

OK David, still no images of a Siberian Husky pulling a sled in Tentsmuir Forest................

Post a pic and I will sponsor you a fiver................

Here ya go...
2009-11-23205021.jpg

2009-11-23204827.jpg

2009-11-23204807.jpg

2009-11-23204657.jpg

Akcherly I only wore the second and third hats, and a Tour X3. The other two belong to Catherine, the second of which (the fourth photo) I picked up in a shop in Las Vegas... :D

Very nice.... but where's the huskies pulling sledges?

Andres just asked for pictures of hats... :D

Sadly I only saw the huskies when they passed through the gate in the back of their vans, the actual racing was about 2 miles from where I was, and I wasn't allowed to leave my post while the rally was going on!

If you want to see some, Catherine says that the people who took photos at the event haven't uploaded any yet. I can certainly post links when they do. :thumb

OK David, still no images of a Siberian Husky pulling a sled in Tentsmuir Forest................

Post a pic and I will sponsor you a fiver................

I can do that, but not yet...

...but is that a fiver per husky? :augie

This isn't from this weekend, it isn't Tentsmuir Forest, and it isn't a sled, but it's Catherine being pulled by a team of huskies...

snowh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom