Going to Norway, in February?

LivNorway

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:bounce1 :bounce1
Hello brave vikings!
Have you ever heard of our winter-meetings? Krystallrally and Primustreffet? In February?
Krystallrally: Drive your bike to a hotell, sleep inside.
Primustreffet: You bring EVERYTHING you need to a place in the forest, put up your tent in the snow (or rain, you'll never know...), you make your food on a Primus, there is not a toilet or a building to go inside if you feel cold.
Some have wintertyres (nails?), some have a sidecar, some drive a bike like the BMW R GS.
If you are afraid of the salt on the bike/road: Stay at home.
A temptation?;)
Liv, Norway.

Norwegian Wintertreffen

Hi Liv,
I managed the Krystall in '95 and then again in 2000. The trip in 2000 was Elefantreffen, Krystall, Dragon, one weekend after the other- 3,000+ miles. I intend to do the Primus but don't know when yet.
This winter i intend to stay nice and warm, except for the Sinterklaastreffen in Oostend at the end of November, Fancy it?
HENRY(England):D

Wintermeetings.

Hello Henry!
You are the only brave viking!:clap
Did you read the comments on ''General Chat - all weather riders'' (last day 18/10)? Don't listen to the guys; you are my hero!
But I have to confess: I'm not much of a viking my selfes...
I'm not going to Oostende, Belgium. Not in November. But who knows where I'm going when I got more experience? (I got my driver licence for motorcycle last month, and a bike this month!) :)
The snow is falling outside, I think I go and fetch more firewood....
Liv, Norway.

Sinterklaastreffen

Henry

Any more info on this, date, how to book etc?

Squidbrain

29 & 30 nov 1 dec 2002 ; SINTERKLAASTREFFEN – Motor & Toervrienden Oostende. Inschrijven in de Velodroom 3°en 23°, Linieregementsplein 4, naast de kazerne Bootsman-Johnson in Oostende. Kampeer mogelijkheid, zaterdag rondrit 14u, verwarmde tent met live muziek. INFO Peter Deschacht tel.: 00 32 (0)59/80 50 28. E-mail: p.deschacht@worldonline.be info: http://www.MTVO.be/sinterklaastreffen.htm

Hope this helps...

Going to Norway in January/February?

Hello!
You all know the Primustreff is sleeping in your tent, in the snow, not even a shed to go inside. Well, the Krystallrally is different. You sleep indoor! In a hotel!!
Next year:
29/01-01/01 - 2003, Dalseter Høyfjellshotell, Espedalen.

http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/krystall_2003
http://www.otc-mc.org/~197krystall_2002
www.geocities.com/Baja/Outback/1686/krystallrally.html
http://home.bip.net/rtk208/vinter/krystall.htm

Picture number 12 in geocities, the white: It's a Corda.

See you??
;) ;)

Hug! Liv, Norway.

Hello Howard!
But a sceep and some knitting-needles, make warm clothes!
Buy a snow scooter suit / storm suit!

...and you sleep inside. That is a luxury!

Am I mad? No, I stay by the fireplace in my home.

I have meet some of the Krystallrally / Primustreff-people:
Normal guys & girls! And as the Primustreff; not only Norwegians.

So I'll put your name on the list on the hotell, then...?

Klem / Hug: Liv, Norway.;)

Liv said:

I have meet some of the Krystallrally / Primustreff-people:
Normal guys & girls! And as the Primustreff; not only Norwegians.

Klem / Hug: Liv, Norway.;)

yeeeesssss of course they are. Sorry I am one of th esoft and scared vikings (not as well known as the big brave ones, but we live longer in much more comfort). I have no intention of giving up the beaches and gin tonic for freezing cold biking, especially now that my bike is now a sandmobile.

Liv may you winters be mild, fly south for the winters!

Liv & Zwerver

You are truly heroes. Winter in england is miserable, little or no snow just wet and cold.

Perhaps in climates where you know there will be lots of snow and although cold its not as wet and miserable you learn to use the snow, and a big fire in a cabin is also nice.

:) Bob & Jimb.
Zwerver is a hero, I'm not!

I live here; sometimes it's too cold, sometimes it's too much snow. But I do not drive my bike, or sleep in my tent in the snow!

My car has nails on the tyres, (piggdekk), so I'm not brave either.

Go south?
I don't know. I like this country. In the winter too!! But can I have less winter/cold/snow? A little winter is OK, but some winters are too hard.

Why do I complain?
I have a good house, a fireplace, firewood in the basement. I feed the birds outside, so the titmouses, woodpeckers, and the squirrels gives me some entertainment.

And I don't live in the deep, deep forest; it's 15 minutes to the underground!

Liv, in the wilderness!;)

Re: Liv & Zwerver

Jimb said:
You are truly heroes. Winter in england is miserable, little or no snow just wet and cold.

/B]

Jim,

heroes? No ! Just lucky to live in region close to the Ardennes and Eiffel, where there's normally a lot of snow in winter..
Most of the time the road are very good, even in winter, so it's doable to go for a ride in wintertime.. If it's really cold, most of the road are completely snowfree...
I think going out in a wet and cold English winterday is less fun and more danger!
When I go for a daytrip, I plan to go on clear blue sky days, but going to the winterrallies, you don't have the choice of weather,
and as you can see on several pictures, sometimes we are just (un)lucky to find our way home under some snow!

Tyrigrava Kro, Oslo.

Tyrigrava: That's where to find me!
On wednesdays, in the summer, specially when the sun is shining, many motorcycles of (almost) all kind is there!
100 - 200, sometimes even more!
It's south-east of Oslo, just outside town, by the lake Gjersjøen, close to the amusement park Tusenfryd and the camp site FjordCamp.

I'll be there driving a blue Scarver or a red Vespa Bravo 1979. It's not many of those there.:)

Print this message and put it next to your map, do it now!;)

Klem, Liv. A native.

Re: Going to Norway in January/February?

Liv said:
[www.geocities.com/Baja/Outback/1686/krystallrally.html[/url]

Picture number 12 in geocities, the white: It's a Corda.

Hug! Liv, Norway. [/B]

And picture number 2:
The person in a red suit and a black face mask;
This is Philip from Ireland!
(Is it a DR350??)

And take a look here:
http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/krystall_2001/index4.html
The kids are in the sidecar, Corda.
KIDS!!
It's kids on the Krystallrally, and a bloke from Ireland!!
:)
And there are pictures of 4 bikes from Germany; Kawasaki 900, and Honda CBR 1000, and 2 offroaders.(?)
I'm impressed, yes I am.
I'm a viking, but I'll stay at home.
Do you want to try the snow? On your bike?:)

Hug! Liv, one of the natives.

Re: Tyrigrava Kro, Oslo.

Liv said:
Tyrigrava: That's where to find me!
On wednesdays, in the summer, specially when the sun is shining, many motorcycles of (almost) all kind is there!
100 - 200, sometimes even more!
It's south-east of Oslo, just outside town, by the lake Gjersjøen, close to the amusement park Tusenfryd and the camp site FjordCamp.

I'll be there driving a blue Scarver or a red Vespa Bravo 1979. It's not many of those there.:)

Print this message and put it next to your map, do it now!;)

Klem, Liv. A native.

Pictures of Tyrigrava and the Karl Johans Gate in Oslo:
http://home.newmedia.no/~trondha/wednesdays.html
and Tyrigrava:
http://www.oslo-suzuki-center.no/bilder/Kjorebilder/tyrigrava/tyrigrava15juni2001.htm .

Meet me there!:beerjug:

A reminder...;)
Krystallrally February 1.

Tyrigrava every wednesday.;)
...if you happens to be in the neighbourhood....
:pepsi :moped: :jibber
CU! Liv.

Liv said:
A reminder...;)
Krystallrally February 1.

Tyrigrava every wednesday.;)
...if you happens to be in the neighbourhood....
:pepsi :moped: :jibber
CU! Liv.

...and Primustreffet February 22/23.

My birthday is the 23; somebody wanna celebrate it with me? In the snow?:beer:
Klem, Liv.

Back
Top Bottom