New Klim Adventure Suit

I see it comes with its own water bladder...isn't it about time they invented a suit that can deal with the water that comes out of you as well as that which has to go in? This would be particularly beneficial for the over 50s like me.

I think Wonky from Adventure-Spec was talking in the region of £1600 (to Timpo) at the Dirt Bike show ...

I see it comes with its own water bladder...isn't it about time they invented a suit that can deal with the water that comes out of you as well as that which has to go in? This would be particularly beneficial for the over 50s like me.

Gore tex is a fully breathable fabric and if you look a little harder you'll see they have designed a high capacity venting system into the jacket :thumb2
Or you could save yourself £1600 :eek: and spend £50 on a set of HH lifa dry base layer leggings and top works great in the hottest of weather :thumb2
http://www.hellyhansen.com/products/filter/gender=Men|product_type=HH_Dry

Feck me £1600 Klim I love what you doing but I could never justify that amount of money looks like my MSR ISDE jacket will have to last a few more years :(

Attachments

• 731321064_pZtzY-L.jpg
    731321064_pZtzY-L.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 448
I don't think they've done anything out of this world. So it's got a built in bladder and gore-tex outer....Big deal. HG Journey jacket £239 (gore-tex outer) & a camel back for 20 quid would do the same thing...As for the neck brace, I've never seen anyone using one....Built in brace support system....You still gotta carry the weight on your body...:nenau Design wise, I personally find it very bland, but that's just my opinion...

I still say it's overpriced. If it was around £800 then maybe i'd consider one if I was looking for a new suit, but at £1400-£1600 there are suits available that will do just as good a job for a lot less wedge...

Overkill......Overpriced

That looks quite an amazing piece of kit - as to whether it's overpriced, I think I'll reserve judgement until I see one I guess. I do know their kit is top quality though, Ive been using a pair of their Dakar troosers since they were first brought into the UK and they have received some serious abuse in all weathers and still going strong - Im a serious fan of their kit :thumb2

Andres

I've seen and tried this suit on. It is a lot of money but it is amazing.

Craig bounds wore it in the Dakar. You could have a serious off on it and it wont rip. The D30 armour is soft and flexible until it hits the deck when it stiffens instantaneously to provide the same protection as normal armour. The suit is heavy to pick up but when you strap into the load bearing brace it's as if the weight is gone.

If you are bimbling to the shops then this is overkill. (I use the Klim Powercross jacket and love it) If you are doing some serious off road whether it be in the deserts of North Africa or the arctic circle then this is the jacket. It will last a long time.

Other people will want to copy this. This is not "just a jacket and pants" :drool

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ix9jIN1KqD0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ix9jIN1KqD0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So, £1400-odd quid, plus postage and, unless you're incredibly lucky, Customs duty as well. It certainly looks like a good bit of kit, but so is the Aerostich Roadcrafter, which is is a fraction of the price.

So, £1400-odd quid, plus postage and, unless you're incredibly lucky, Customs duty as well. It certainly looks like a good bit of kit, but so is the Aerostich Roadcrafter, which is is a fraction of the price.

They have UK importers so once the UK price is actually announced (rather than us guessing) it will be a 'real' price.

As for comparing it to the Aerostich - you're talking about a completely different suit. I have an Aerostich combo. It is good kit... but it is nowhere near this suit:

Better re-inforced areas of the jacket
d3o armour - hardens on impact, Aerostich armour is strong but really doesn't fit well
Can work with or without Leatt - if you're racing, wearing on of these is becoming the norm, not the exception
Load carrying system, not only taking the weight and keeping it secure to your body but I imagine it reduces the armour movement
Gore Lockout Closures - genuinely waterproof replacement for zips:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xlas3ORJZAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xlas3ORJZAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If I was regularly doing multi day rallies then this would certainly seem like excellent kit. I'd also think it would be great kit for multi day trail riding.

They have UK importers so once the UK price is actually announced (rather than us guessing) it will be a 'real' price.
It might not be an official "real" price but it's from the horses mouth, so hardly a guess either:
I think Wonky from Adventure-Spec was talking in the region of £1600 (to Timpo) at the Dirt Bike show ...

The only thing I don't get, and it's probably my ignorance showing through here, is the Gortex built into the outer layer thang.
What happens when a numpty like me, who can't stay uptight in the dirt for more than a hundred yards, repeatadly scuffs it up and generaly trashes it? Will it stay waterproof for long? I always thought that was why off road gear tends to have Gortex inner liners?

Andres

Goretex jacket 300
goretex trousers 200
Body armour 150
Knee guards 50
Rucksack and water carrier 70
tail pack 30

I was also told in the region of £1600, and, as I think has been mentioned before there is a UK importer so no, you don't have to pay extra duty.

But above is what you'd have to spend to get the same functions. I've got a Klim valdez parka and it's excellent, well worth the money. One of the important things (for me) about the Klim stuff it it's abrasion resistance. With most offroad gear not being designed for an on-road off I reckon it will be as much use as a piece of cheese, and since all the lanes we do (and any adventure riding) means road work I'm not happy to use off road only gear. But if don't mind your arse looking like a raw hamburger if you fall off then it won't be worth it to you:nenau

The suit looks the business to me

Having just spent £900 on a Rukka Suit thats me out of the market though :blast

The price is high but if reviews are favourable then it would be worth it IMHO

What price do you put on your comfort and protection??

As for comparing it to the Aerostich - you're talking about a completely different suit. I have an Aerostich combo. It is good kit... but it is nowhere near this suit:

Better re-inforced areas of the jacket
d3o armour - hardens on impact, Aerostich armour is strong but really doesn't fit well
Can work with or without Leatt - if you're racing, wearing on of these is becoming the norm, not the exception
Load carrying system, not only taking the weight and keeping it secure to your body but I imagine it reduces the armour movement
Gore Lockout Closures - genuinely waterproof replacement for zips:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xlas3ORJZAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xlas3ORJZAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If I was regularly doing multi day rallies then this would certainly seem like excellent kit. I'd also think it would be great kit for multi day trail riding.

I agree the features sound more advanced but what about their actual usefulness? I've never heard anyone dispute how protective or robust 'Stich gear is, the zips may be ordinary ones but they're all well enough covered as to be functionally waterproof and I wear a Leat with my Darien all the time.

Granted there's no harness but, really, what's the point? The armour in my Darien and Roadcrafter fits me fine and moves with me. As for 'load carrying', just how heavy is this kit? If it means rucksacks, I've never seen a GS rider using one and as for those benighted souls who ride lesser bikes, what can you expect? As I said, I'm not disputing this is seriously good kit, but whether it's three times better than a two-piece Roadcrafter or Darien is doubtful IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom