New Klim Adventure Suit

I'm purely throwing this out there.. I'm going to look into a cable tidy type plastic tubes to take air from cuffs up arms into back or shoulder area. (holes drilled throughout tubing)

The only fault that I can find with the jacket is that the cuffs need to open a little further, to allow some glove's longer cuffs to fit underneath more easly.

I am going to have a small panel inserted into the jacket's cuffs at the end of the season to cure this problem.

I noticed the same problem, its not such an issue on the smaller sizes, but they dont seem to have sized up the cuff on the bigger jackets in the same proportion to sizing up the rest of the jacket. Howver its not tight its just not quite as convenient as it might be, however on the pluss side when it is raining you can have gloves on the inside of the jacket, and nothing gets up the cuff, I have driven in some torrental rain recently for a couple of hours at a throw and i normaly get rain up the end of the sleeves and didnt with the new jacket. so I think I will put up with it as, generaly poor weather is the norm round here !!!

I'm purely throwing this out there.. I'm going to look into a cable tidy type plastic tubes to take air from cuffs up arms into back or shoulder area. (holes drilled throughout tubing)

I wouldnt worry about this too much, the side vents work really well in my experience for cooling the whole of my torso whilst moving.

I leave the cuffs open in warm weather with MX style gloves and get a pretty good breeze up the sleeves. The prototypes had vents on the forearms, but there were problems with where to put the 'garages' for the zipper pull. If they were at the top water got forced into them(and into the jacket) when you rode sat down. If they were at the bottom then water ran into them when riding stood up. They were cut from production models.

Im going to put a short vid together of how the collar is supposed to be used. Its difficult to explain but its doesnt close as you would expect and lets a breeze in unless you alternate the velcroing of the storm flaps(you will have to trust me this phrase actually means something until i can get a vid up!)

Thanks, Wonky. It sure needs some instructions to work properly. And a longer patch of velcro on the longest, outer flap wouldn't hurt either. At least I wouldn't get the impression that some gust of wind could tear it open from the side as I do now. I'll take this outfit for a spin in the rain today anyhow.:augie
Really looking forward to that video. :beerjug:

2010 BMW F800GS :clap
'04 BMW F650GS Dakar :bounce1
'94 Honda ST1100 :)
'09 Garmin Zumo 550 :)

A bit less Heath Robinson but the Corvette drivers at Le Mans had a similar system to cope with the heat in the enclosed cockpit (6.2 litres and 640 bhp gets a tads warm over 24 hours) - They used dry ice, too. :D

894286831_S7Zu8-L.jpg

You can see the tubes in this clip at the end. The driver looks a touched knackered.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICns3QfXCfs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICns3QfXCfs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Right then, back in the room so to speak. Some £1,800+ lighter I might add. :pullface

Jesus got soaked through on the way up & then proceeded too strip infront of Dave @Adventure-spec, met Chris briefly. Did around 300 miles their & back, bought some klim long-johns & top also. Only had them on underneath Adventure-Suit for the way back with boxers & was surprised at how they kept me warm. Rained again on trip home, came down quite heavy. Suit is rock solid, went for a slightly bigger size so I can fit my boiler suit on for work.

Wreaked my phone on the way up, (no pictures for a little while) its been demoistured with one of my contourhd camera's which also got wet. (Basically aired over a radiator)

Anyhow I feel much safer on the road with this kit & I did have a silly grin on my face for around 3 miles from Mytholmroyd. :thumb2

Glad you like it!
Sorry i couldnt hang around, it was my mum's birthday do and i dont see her much so didnt want to be late.
I know he looks a bit 'right said fred' but dave's a closet hetro with a wife and young boy, so dont worry about the stripping:ymca

Hopefully meet up properly at some point

chris

The somewhat less-than-perfect non-leatt collar solution can easily be compensated by using a Gore-tex balaclava from Bikers Comfort In Action. I've had mine for a couple of years and it's a true friend in nasty weather:

IMG_0999.jpg

http://www.comfortinaction.com/en/articulo.asp?sf=5876&clr=1002&fam=58

I reckon such a balaclava is needed anyhow in torrential rain and is an outstandingly good investment in rider comfort. Until further tricks are available this is more than good enough and overrides the few niggles on an otherwise truly excellent product.:beerjug:

Oi...Wonky...when you droppin that free one off!!!!?????:augie I'm planning a trip to tesco's and it could raise MAJOR publicity man....:D

Amazing kit, one of the bes I believe....
but f@cking expensive...it costs almost three time my current kit...

BTW, is possible to buy someone these d3o protections from somewhere to add to our kit?? and is it true that these protectors are better when you slide but not really good on impact???

Free Stevie? I dont even know what the word means, is it something you eat?

Im pretty sure you cant buy d3o protectors on their own anywhere.
regarding protection the d3o protectors absorb huge impact forces as they distribute the forces throughout the pad on impact, unlike traditional protectors that receive impacts at a point and only absorb force locally. Hence why d3o protectors can be smaller and thinner, but outperform traditional bulky pads.
The sliding protection is more down to the fabrics abrasion resistance, which on the Rally Suit is at least as good as any textile suit out there.

Anyone know how much these cost in dollars in the states?
:thumb2

Im going to put a short vid together of how the collar is supposed to be used. Its difficult to explain but its doesnt close as you would expect and lets a breeze in unless you alternate the velcroing of the storm flaps(you will have to trust me this phrase actually means something until i can get a vid up!)

What about a digital picture series here on the forum showing how to alternate the storm flaps? Would surely solve the puzzle for some of us :beerjug:

The only fault that I can find with the jacket is that the cuffs need to open a little further, to allow some glove's longer cuffs to fit underneath more easly.

I am going to have a small panel inserted into the jacket's cuffs at the end of the season to cure this problem.

Bad weather solution:
I use Dainese Jerico Gore-tex gloves with a smart, thin fabric waterproof inner wrist-cuff that fits comfortably under any cuffs on my motorcycle jackets. The outer cuff is wrapped around the jacket cuff.
It's a surprisingly effective solution and funnels the water out through drain holes on the outer glove cuff:

1815499_H35_F_S.png

1815499_tech.png

http://www.dainese.com/eu_en/motorbike?gender=2&destinazione_uso=44&cat=5&subcat=18

I've had mine about 3 years now, but I dont ride every day, or week. Used it for a 5 week trip around Europe last June/July, in heavy rain, to 36 degrees hot, also wore the BMW leatt collar with it, every day and whilst I did think I'd look a bit of a nob, I didn't notice anyone laughing and I certainly felt it was a worthwhile safety option and the optional zip on on leatt cover did a good job keeping the rain out. In the hot weather, as well as opening the multitude of ventilation slots, I took off the leatt cover entirely. Also made good use of the built in hydration pack, which I filled up with ice cubes when possible. Not crashed in it, so cannot speak of its protection qualities, it is a bit bulky to wear, but like the leatt collar, you get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom