Fish Dash 4 - 23rd Jan 2010

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen,
It gives me great pleasure to announce the fourth Fish Dash, an idea formulated by that great desert explorer Bin Ridin whereby a crowd of us meet up, ride to a chippy by the sea for a 'one & one' before proceeding home in an orderly(ish) fashion. The first 3 brought us to Salthill, Waterford & Ballycastle, the latter having been voted 'best to date'.
The bould Bin is home for his 'Christmas holidays' in late January so that's when we've scheduled the run.

We'll be leaving a still to be determined location on Dublins southside at 09.00 (due to the short days) on Saturday 23rd, riding to Kilmore Quay on R roads (due to the short days & January weather) for our tucker and then heading back to Dublin on different R roads. The run down will be parallel to the coast while the run back will be through the mountains :bounce1

You've 6 weeks notice so casually drop it into the conversation at home over the Chrimbo and make sure we've a pass approved well beforehand ;)

See youse on the 23rd :thumb2

Everytime I hear somebody saying a "one and one", I have a good chuckle to myself because I remember someone explaining where the saying came from.

Apparently, it is as a result of drunken, incoherent Dubliners(are there any other type:augie) going into the chippy(not chipper), pointing at the menu and asking for (put on drunken slur)"one of those and one of those".....

It's a Fish Supper and you get them in a Chippy.....OK:augie.

Hints will be dropped when SWMBO returns from waterford this evening.

I wonder L'Escargot and a Fish Dash???????????

It May just be do~able!
file
file
file

i looked at the heading and said,hmm a fish dash form the 4th till the 23th january.
sounds good

So, I presume this is to Kilmore Quay?
Yes :( Just me being presumptious & thinking everyone would know. I'll request one of the Mods to add it in :thumb2

vireo said:
in which case, which chippy? .....
The one by the harbour, Saltee (as opposed to salty ;)) Chipper

vireo said:
Count me in anyway :aidan
:thumb2
One of these days we might get ya to come to something that's not on your doorstep :D

Hairnet600 said:
wicklow west meath or cork??
None of the above, it's in Wexford :p
Ooops, that's a bit too handy from the ferry, isn't it :eek: :blast

:aidan

roflcopter

no because via dublin kilmore is closer to here than rosslare :D

ps why is the road to it named after some random portuguese?? (according to gps decoder :D)

ps if jay goes hes nuts

thats a fair way (says the man who went to southend and back on a sunday - 650 miles - for exactly this foodstuff :D)

Back
Top Bottom