BMW Summer Functional Underwear

Invicta Moto

Reaction score
Anyone tried any of the BMW stuff... page 108/9 of the 2004 "Rider Equipment" catalogue? Have been looking at this sort of stuff for a while and in hein Gericke etc.

Want something to trelieve that "boiled in the bag" sweaty b'stard feeling when riding in warm/ hot weather?

Any solutions?

Invicta Moto said:
BMW Summer Functional Underwear

I'm a great fan of Fictional Underwear. I have links to related sites if required. ;)

whatton63 said:
I'm a great fan of Fictional Underwear. I have links to related sites if required. ;)

I had a friend once who was prosecuted for being a fricative underground .....they caught him very easily because they knew he'd always eventually get off at Staines...

Moto

Try the Rohan stuff. Doesn't have fancy paraffin capsules, but is very effective at wicking away sweat from yer bits. Used them in 38 degree weather last summer in Italy - works a treat, washes out easily (travelwash) and dries overnight . REALLY cuts down the amount of kit you have to take.

Hi ho...silver lining....

Gecko said:
Ride naked :eyebrow :mooney

Spanish Bob said:
standing up....:eek:

So it’s not good for nothing buffeting after all, then?

wobble.gif

For my tour of Spain in 10 days time I've just bought a pair of Tourag cordura pants from Hein Gericke. They are in a light grey colour, the lower legs zip off to make a pair of shorts, Knee armour and hip pockets if you want hip armour, zip openings down the thighs for air flow, loads of pockets, belt loops, a top class piece of kit for just £69.99!!

Lord Snooty said:
For my tour of Spain in 10 days time I've just bought a pair of Tourag cordura pants from Hein Gericke. They are in a light grey colour, the lower legs zip off to make a pair of shorts, Knee armour and hip pockets if you want hip armour, zip openings down the thighs for air flow, loads of pockets, belt loops, a top class piece of kit for just £69.99!!

bad news your Lordship - if the weather is as today you´ll be wanting warm and waterproof - its tossing it down today.

Have used the functional underwear for about 2 years now, found to be realy good in all weathers as have used every month of the year.
Works well and does allow skin to breath, have found no problem with this but would recomend that you wear them next to your skin to get the most from them.

Fuctional underwear

Mr Helly Hansen or any Lowe Alpine gear works for me. warm when its cold and cool when its hot. Superb stuff for all year use. Any good camping shop should see you right.

Works well and does allow skin to breath, have found no problem with this but would recomend that you wear them next to your skin to get the most from them.

Not like Superman then? :D

Lol

Hadrian said:
Have used the functional underwear for about 2 years now, found to be realy good in all weathers as have used every month of the year.

your pants must be minging by now.

:D :D

Have you not heard of the third marshal of Skiddermark....

Steptoe said:
your pants must be minging by now.

:D :D

...and his amazing minge proof originals from the land of Rohan?

<iframe frameborder="1" height="600" scrolling="auto" src="http://www.rohan.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=01139_____&CurrentCategory=Home%7cMens%7cMensClothing%7cMensUnderwear" width="600"></iframe>

Lord Snooty said:

I can't find these anywhere on the HG site - can you point me too them ?

Try something different

Both Zwerver's buddies told me at Nurburgring that since they started riding with g-strings they never suffer from sore bums or any other long distance related probs anymore. Sound a bit :ymca but apparently it works a treat.......

:gringo

Update

Fugging excellent. I bought one of these for the missus and me from Cannon's by mail order and they arrived in time for the trip.

In hot weather when worn under my half leather half textile HG Maxwell jacket it worked a treat - no more sweaty arms soaking the lining of the jacket. The Missus has the Gore-Tex Maxwell and was happy. Plus they are thin and wash out at night and are dry in the morning.

Wore mine for the best part of 2300 miles over the 8 days we were away - excellent value for the £25 inc postage Cannon's charged.

Back
Top Bottom