Time to hang up GS Rich's hat/coat

Hi Markie,

Cheers for your comments mate, as I say I dnt know what is happening with Starcom/Autocom so we shall see. My work on here is helping me out so far so fingers crossed something will come of it :)

Rich :beerjug:

Help! Autocom repair work

Hi All
I represent Nottingham Advanced Motorcyclists and most of our members and observers use Autocom products. On occasions we need to repair and/or adapt the equipment and have always had a good relationship with Doug at Autocom for this purpose.
Does anybody, particularly GS Rich, know of Doug's contact details or anybody else who can service our equipment. Please send a message to deeebs@hotmail.com f you can help.
Many thanks
Dave

Bad news

Rich,

Really sorry to hear that news, your advice has been great .I am sure with what you know you will be snapped up very soon.

Tony:clap

I've just notice the following posted on the Autocom website:

Autocom is now part of the Tecstar Electronics Limited group.

Tecstar will continue the Autocom range in its entirety and support current distributors and dealer networks ensuring continuity of supply of product, parts and cables. Tecstar is committed to further product development and will be working to enhance the Autocom range.

I believe Tecstar own Starcom.

GSRich - I hope they will be in touch with you and the rest of the laid off staff and offer you positions.

Bob

I've just notice the following posted on the Autocom website:

I believe Tecstar own Starcom.

GSRich - I hope they will be in touch with you and the rest of the laid off staff and offer you positions.

Bob

Fingers crossed for Rich and the rest of the gang at Autocom whatever happens in their future.
Fingers crossed too that the new company rising from the ashes provide the same standard of service and asisstance a lot of us here and elsewhere have experienced from the likes of Rich.

Sods law my Pro-7 unit would play up after the company goes pop (loose wire inside the box :blast ) Here hoping for some good news.

cheers guys yeh ive seen a few vans outside the old factory a fair bit this week as ive had to drive past it a few times. Word is they will be based in St Ives where Techstar are based so a fair bit of traveling to do if I was to be approached.

Good to see the brand being taken on tho and I hope they do well with it :thumb2

Glad to see that the entire company hasn't been lost completely

Good luck with any employment negotiations with the new owners ....:thumb2

Al :)

Word is they will be based in St Ives where Techstar are based so a fair bit of traveling to do if I was to be approached.

Have you thought of taking the bull by the horns, Rich, and jump in there with a proposal that they set up a small service centre in the region where you could sell both Autocom and Starcom products side by side and provide fitting services and well as being a service centre?
After all, you are much more central for most of their customer base where you are located. Just think how many people have ridden down, up or across to your location from all over the country for your services and assistance in the past. Then think how many would ride to Cambridgeshire - end of the earth for most of the country!
Your location (along with product reputation) are what swayed me to buy Autocom, just in case I needed their assistance.

Get in there, sell yourself and sell your location ;)

Bob

Have you thought of taking the bull by the horns, Rich, and jump in there with a proposal that they set up a small service centre in the region where you could sell both Autocom and Starcom products side by side and provide fitting services and well as being a service centre?
After all, you are much more central for most of their customer base where you are located. Just think how many people have ridden down, up or across to your location from all over the country for your services and assistance in the past. Then think how many would ride to Cambridgeshire - end of the earth for most of the country!
Your location (along with product reputation) are what swayed me to buy Autocom, just in case I needed their assistance.

Get in there, sell yourself and sell your location ;)

Bob

This actually is a good idea - go for it and quick - the worst that can happen is - No sorry.

set up a small service centre in the region where you could sell both Autocom and Starcom products side by side and provide fitting services and well as being a service centre? and provide tech support by phone and to various forums ... :thumb
Worth a try!

Good idea chaps, not something Ive really thought about. We shall see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom