Considering getting a GS

bigk

Reaction score
Hi everybody. This question has probably been asked numerous times so apologies for that. I had a new 1100GS back in 1997 but couldn't afford to keep it so had to sell it back to the dealer for something cheaper. I have had mainly Jap stuff eversince. I have wanted to get back into the GS market but each time I have tried P/EXing with BMW dealers they have not wanted to take my jap bike so I have ended up buying another jap and so it goes on. Are there any BMW dealers out there who are happy to take a jap bike as a part ex AND give you a decent price or do I have to source a GS at a non BMW franchise or try to sell my bike privately ? Any help and advice will be much appreciated

Regards bigk

Subscribe to the site then you can peruse the for sale section.
Welcome aboard :)

Williams in Machester have some non-BMW bikes in their showroom and Alan Jefferies in Shipley also take them part-ex (Nick Jefferies is a s/h bike trader so just punts them out to other dealers) :thumb2

Hi everybody. This question has probably been asked numerous times so apologies for that. I had a new 1100GS back in 1997 but couldn't afford to keep it so had to sell it back to the dealer for something cheaper. I have had mainly Jap stuff eversince. I have wanted to get back into the GS market but each time I have tried P/EXing with BMW dealers they have not wanted to take my jap bike so I have ended up buying another jap and so it goes on. Are there any BMW dealers out there who are happy to take a jap bike as a part ex AND give you a decent price or do I have to source a GS at a non BMW franchise or try to sell my bike privately ? Any help and advice will be much appreciated

Regards bigk

My son got a cracking deal on his Yam R6 against a GSA from Williams in Manchester. I was so impressed I bought one myself. :thumb2

southport superbikes take non bm bikes as p ex,not that far from you.

Thanks for the replies so far. Much appreciated. I will give those dealers mentioned a go. I don't mind travelling so any more suggestions further afield ?

bigk

hi

When I bought my GS from motorrad central east (Dalkeith) there was an XJR in the showroom for sale as well as a kwak and a honda if i recall correctly... can't comment on px deals though. they might be worth a shot.

Eoghan

Thanks folks, will start ringing round and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the replies and warm welcome. I know I am going to fit in round here

Back
Top Bottom