Thread: Morocco aug /sept 2010

Hi all.
    I'm up for the trip, I was planning on going anyway

Regards,
    Si

Hangar 53 Custom Motor Works
    url. www.hangarfiftythree.com
    email: si@hangarfiftythree.com
    blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

tricky463
    superb,
    welcome aboard

no doubt over the next few weeks we'll all be in touch more.

Dazza2
    Hi Fellas,
    i could well be up for this keep me posted.
    cheers
    dazza

tricky463
    hi everybody,

i have had a couple of messages from a moderator.
    he is very kindly going to set up a sub forum in open invite trips so we can have various threads in there to do with the trip planning.

this will stop us having one very long thread!

cheers
    Tricky

tricky463
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza2 View Post
    Hi Fellas,
    i could well be up for this keep me posted.
    cheers
    dazza
    Hi Dazza,

we are going in September for 3 weeks.

Once Paul the Moderator has kindly set up the sub forum for us we will try and get everything sorted in regards to definite numbers etc and then we can progress.

cheers for your interest
    welcome aboard
    Tricky

Dazza2
    Hi Tricky,
    Sounds good,
    time off should`nt be a problem.
    Might be worth a meet up fairly soon,looking at locations ie ipswich ,
    bury st.edmunds,biggleswade and bretford should`nt be to much of a prob.
    And catch up with malc later.

Cheers

Dazza

tricky463
    Dear all,

we now have a new sub forum in open invite trips Thank you very much Paul.

i have created a new thread for those who are definitely going to put their name down! we need to get an idea of numbers and locations of those going to start organising ferries etc and try to arrange meet ups so we all find out if we get on.

Once we have numbers we can then start creating other threads in the forum to do with the planning etc.

look forward to hearing from you all.

tricky

tricky463
    here is a reasonable web site for morocco

http://looklex.com/morocco/index.htm

morocco

I'd suggest you take a good look at the French GS site here:

http://gsfr.forumactif.com/search.fo...keywords=maroc

it's in french of course, but there are masses of info, routes advice and trips being planned for the coming year.

And it'll help improve your French

Been checking out the Morocco websites and got a copy of the lonely planet from 'Go Outdoors' yesterday and that did it for me . Booked the ferrys this morning . I've posted the dates in the other thread.
    Just need to get a map of Morocco now, I think I'll try Stanfords for that unless anyone know's of a better place? (They didn't have one at in the 'Go Outdoors' store).
    I've read through all the posts and what your planning sounds great for me.

Steve.

tyke2go

Smile maroc sept '10...

hi tricky...trip sounds great. would like to tag along but i'm in france/italy summer,so i don't think i can warrant the 3 week period a month later!!..spent 5 days in maroc march '09 and loved it (bloody cold tho) was on a tight schedule,so no time for touristy stuff.after trip,i told myself i'd go back and do a longer trip with a small group.if you need books/maps i have a few i'd gladly send yer.most stuff you need in there. great people,and plenty of different roads,scenery to keep you amused. will be watching the posts,as things could change for me?...........cheers...........tyke

UKAdventurerider

Tips for the Top

Fellas, I did Morocco 4 years ago, fantastic first trip. Minor tips (if they help)

1. Border crossing, don't get scammed by a local calling you over and pretending to be an official.
    2. You can pay one of the locals to guide you through the border xing process as it is far from simple.
    3. Whatch out for the mud ball sellers (locals selling Ganja) they stand on corners in the middle of nowhere with their arms out trying to attract your attention - they are easy to hit.
    4. The King frowns on fraud and is very pro tourists, don't take his name in vein however as it is taken very seriously
    5. If you plan camp out get out of sight of the road and try to keep a low(ish) profile as at best you will be inundated by locals being curious or trying to sell you stuff you don't want
    6. If a Police man waves you to stop, wave back and keep riding. If they come after you (they don't) smile and make you like thought he was just waving
    7. If the Police as you to pay a 'Fine' ask for a receipt and if necessary mention that the King takes a very dim vue on bribes
    8. I could dig out our two week route but I think half the fun is choosing this.
    9.Don't go too far south, that was where AQ killed the French tourists
    10. Enjoy.

Hi Guys, I will keep an eye on this thread, If I can help you with Morroco let me know, I may be there around your time. Hope the trip comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake666 View Post
    Hi Guys, I will keep an eye on this thread, If I can help you with Morroco let me know, I may be there around your time. Hope the trip comes off.
    hi Jake.

This trip is defo happening, 4 ferry ticket booked and paid for. It would be good to get together with someone local for an insiders view so let us know if you will be around mate.
    Chad

Hi,

I've been to Morocco twice in 2008...Mean while I married and I'm going back in September with my wife.

We leave Lisbon on the 24th afternoon and sleep in Sevilha on the 25th I expect to cath the mornig ferry at around 0900.
    We'll try to go to Tanger, Meknes, Ifrane, Erfoud, Zagora, Ouarzazate, Marrakesh, Casablanca, Rabat and back to Tanger.

Tips to the Kingdom of Morocco

Ferry -www.frs.es - (I recommend Tarifa-Tanger)

Border-You can fill this form : http://www.douane.gov.ma/EDouane/DMC...mulaire_AT.asp (but you have to been there before so you can have a passport number that you fill in "Étrangers non résidant") or you have to fill this on paper at the Morocco side border.
    At the border you don't need to pay any of those men...Go straight to the border police with this paper,the motorcycle documents, and your passport (that should have been stamped on the ferry)

Milleage plannig www.viamichelin.com (It works in Morocco!)

Places to go there are millions...I recomend at least 2 or 3...

Erg Chebbi
    Marakesh-Jma El Fna square and market
    Ifrane- Morocco Alps
    Ait benhaddou - Ouarzazate

I'll leave my e-mail tiago.allen@gmail.com if you have any question... I'd like to help!

Sorry for any bad english!

Regards,
    TTAlmeida

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Hi again,

I've been reading the rest of the messages and...I guess we wont me in Morocco...Maybe next time!

Hope you enjoy!

Regads,

TTAlmeida

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast