Morocco aug /sept 2010

tricky463

Anyone up for going to Morocco end of August Beginning of September 2010?

some really good trips have gone on from what I have read but i just cannot do that time of year due to studies and summer will be too hot.

too early to discuss route etc but I would like to camp as much as poss, and see all the touristy stuff as well as get off beaten track.

i have a big GSA and no off road experience so will probably try and get some before i go. however am not going to go crazy as I don't want to keep picking the thing up!

cheers
tricky

I might be up for this Tricky, it really does depend on the actual dates an length of trip.

I am a brit soldier and therefore cant always get 4 weeks in a row off.

I also have little to no experience off road, therefore would probobly only want to have a gentle foray into the piste.

Let me know what you think:thumb2

Shad

Just looked at my dates tricky, if you said that you could leave on Mon 06 Sep i would be a definate.

there is something i cant get out of happening for me on 05 Sep.

Shad

cheers for your reply,
i was thinking of going for up to 3 weeks.
Monday 6th sept could also be good for me as well.

will get in touch after B/H monday

cheers
tricky

3 weeks would be good for me and it would fit in with the end of ramadan which finishes the night of 09 Sep which would probobly be the day we caught the ferry.

Shad

I was wanting to do touristy stuff but also head out maybe towards coast, couple of nights in desert etc etc. is there anything you wanted to do in particular.
being a first foray into morocco by bike it would also be nice to try to incorporate some sort of relaxation into it. so a couple of beach days might be good as well.

richard

I like the way you are thinking, as this is your thread i would leave the main details to you but im happy to go see a couple of the big towns, i definately want to get up into the atlas mountains, whatever really.

This would be my first biggish trip so i just want to enjoy and not get to stressed about anything.

I dont know whether you have a wife/girlfriend but my missus has expressed an interest in flying to marrakech to meet me for a couple days in the middle:blast i obviously said no way:thumb but if you were up for doing something similar i might have a rethink.

I am sure there are loads of guys on here that have been down that way who would be more than happy to advise on a good not to savage a route that incorrporates good riding, good views and good :Motomartin

once you decide definately that you are going ill pm you my number to discuss further?:beer:

Shad

PS how far from Suffolk are you?

hi,
i am only in west london, brentford.
i currently don't have a girlfriend or wife but have no problems if you want to meet your partner.

Just so you know that I only want there to be 3 or four of us at most. it will be all of our trip so we should all have a say in what we do.

i have chris scott morocco overland (good book, worth getting a copy) and i have just bought a lonely planet book on morocco and also a large map.

I reckon that once we both decide we definitely want to go then we should arrange to meet to see if we get on! then plan routes and the like.

richard

OK Richard,

i will find out next week if i can have the leave for 06 Sep til about 27 Sep(99% sure i can) and ill get back to you.

I will probobly be going even if you cant go as i have wanted to go for some time and this is as good a time as any.

Shad

Hi richard,

Work is happy, wife is happy so it looks like i am going to be happy.:)

Just to confirm i am available and willing to go for any peiod up to 3 weeks leaving not before 06 Sep 10.

Talk to you soon

Shad

brilliant.

i will sort my leave out at work then.

we shall aim to leave week commencing 6th sept.
i suggest that when the weather sorts it self out we arrange to meet up.
i will also pm you my phone number.
chat soon
rich

OK richard,

I dont hink i am getting out any time soon on my bike, the weather is stil crap here!

I am hoping to get up to Adv Spec in Feb Mar to have a look at some luggage they sell so maybe then?

I am surprised nobody else has replied to you, i wonder if something happens this time of year that everybody else knows about but we dont.

I know ramadan finishes on the night of 09 Sep so it cant be that.

Have you asked on any other sites such as HU or Adv Rider to see if anyone else is up for it?

Shad

hi,

yes weather is crap here, still ice all over the place so haven't riddent the bike for a couple of weeks.

i have posted on a couple of forums but am not overly fussed. The last few trips i have done have been on my own so some company would be good.

anyway, once the big thaw has come along we'll sort something out.

what bike have you got?

rich

Me too.

Replied on your other thread.

I see there is 2 of you at the moment, time will tell though as I do not see any others going at that time of year yet.

I see you are both from the SOuth, when needed we could meet later inthe year.

Malcolm

hi,

sounds like we have another one.
yes, good idea to meet up chat over ideas and also what everyone wants from the trip.

to get the cheapest ferry crossings or tunnel crossings we will need to book up earlier the better.
routes and other stuff can be sorted out a lot later down the line.

I have no off road experience what so ever and also no mechanical no how so i have a lot to try and learn over next few months!

welcome aboard

it will be all of our trip!

superb,
welcome aboard

no doubt over the next few weeks we'll all be in touch more.

Hi Fellas,
i could well be up for this :eek: keep me posted.
cheers :thumb2
dazza

hi everybody,

i have had a couple of messages from a moderator.
he is very kindly going to set up a sub forum in open invite trips so we can have various threads in there to do with the trip planning.

this will stop us having one very long thread!

cheers
Tricky

Back
Top Bottom