S1000RR

£££££££££

Well, its all spend spend spend these days, look how much money I have and desperate to show it off to others - usually the least well-off + unemployed, makes them feel good & impress their wags, what a fellow I am.

People arent satisfied with just one bike these days, they want two, both the most expensive to lord it out to everyone their success (usually gained by conning + cheating others).

Well, its all spend spend spend these days, look how much money I have and desperate to show it off to others - usually the least well-off + unemployed, makes them feel good & impress their wags, what a fellow I am.

People arent satisfied with just one bike these days, they want two, both the most expensive to lord it out to everyone their success (usually gained by conning + cheating others).

Bloody Hell mate. Can you actually stand up with that massive chip on your shoulder?:confused:

Some rich people on here, probably -ankers too.

Depends, you may find that some rich "ankers" have actually worked for what they have. They may have risked everything to start a business, eaten beans for a few years and watched their staff go home with more money than themselves :blast

I fear it is you who is in the "anker" category mate, you should stop crying at what other have got and go do some work.

For your info, I have 3 bikes in the garage, a Porsche boxster and my own house. I am neither rich nor a company owner. I worked my way up from office junior and my wife started as a band 2 employee. She studied 5 nights a week for her accountancy degree and now earns a reasonable wage.

Lets all have an equal society where layabout muppets sit around and have the same as those of us who work our bollocks off for what we've got. Do me a favour and feck off!!!

Nice bikes by the way :D:D:D:D

i do have a tendency to agree here.

as

some people buy these bikes for their badge, lets be honest there are loads of people who think about image and what status they may perceive to get by buying into the badge.

how many 1200 do you see for sale with no miles on and 3 + owners?? lots

couldnt care less how many bikes you or any one owns, but im more impressed with a 40yr old bike with 100 thousand miles on the clock, than i am with the latest sr100000rsrrrss or whatever,

i could even bet my last quid you wear white sidis and matching pristine race leathers.

In a years time there will be loads for sale in mcn. There'll be the ones that have scared the hell out of their owners, and the ones that ex jap bike owners find aren't quite as reliable as what they're used to.

Headlights are ugly though, and I don't think you could call any of the lines classic in any way. So typical BMW then...:augie

What is it? Jealousy night or something?
I own 4 bikes, but the total value of all 4 is less than £7K.
Does that make me a *anker because I own a lot of bikes, or do I escape because the bikes are not the latest expensive models?
Why should anyone make such sweeping comments about a person purely on the knowledge of what bikes they own.
If you have got the money what better thing is there to spend it on?

i too have a collection, thats not the point im trying to make,

Jealous, far far from it, i just really find it funny how quickly people can buy into all this.

take a look, most people who are buying one/ bought one on here also own a 1200 gsa:nenau

most of these i would say are only ''fair weather'' riders:nenau

most of these owners are ''new'' to the bmw thing and came from a sports bike background:nenau

how many of these owners would consider owning say a r90s?

or a R32?

or something that needs grease, not just a posing pouch. Mark you have some nice bikes, propper bikers bikes.

hey im only assuming here, but if your going to, how did you put it, spend your hard earned, i would be spending in another shop window thank you.

how many of these bikes will be up for sale soon after the summer seasons gone with feck all mileage on them? or been back for repairs because of the faults, far too many times for it to be fun.

its not rocket science as my old drill instructor used to say.

WTF

What is it? Jealousy night or something?

If you have got the money what better thing is there to spend it on?

mmmmm have to agree. im not rich, sold two bikes to be able to afford the s1000.i have a knackered race suit and dirty alpinestars,that said i do masturbate often:augie.there's no pockets in shrouds!!!
motorcycling is my passion,i dont drive any fancy cars so i spend my well earned money(not gained by conning + cheating others)on my passion.it wasn't my intention to rub it in anyones face,i thought this was a forum where you are able to share things :confused::confused::confused:

talking of sharing things did i mention i get my new gsa on the 1st of march.:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri

Enjoy your bikes guys:thumb2

Not my type of bike but I do admire them.

As for showing off FFS its a bike site if you can't post pics of your new toys here then where?

What a load of bollox in here . :rolleyes:

I cant afford an S1000R and with the police and judicary's views on speeding bikers in this country I dont think I could really own one + I couldnt go back to the sports bike thing. BUT from what i've read they are a stunning machine and if they float your boat then good luck to you and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new bike :thumb2

You can do as few ,or as many, miles as you like . You can decide to sell it in 6mths time because you didnt like it, or keep it for the next 10yrs because you can't bear to part with it .........its your fekkin money.

I'd only say you were an *anker if you spent the money on a conservatory instead of the S1000RR..............i hate posh rich *ankers with big conservatories , usually with a big plasma on the wall :mad:.............:D

Jealous, far far from it, i just really find it funny how quickly people can buy into all this.

take a look, most people who are buying one/ bought one on here also own a 1200 gsa:nenau

most of these owners are ''new'' to the bmw thing and came from a sports bike background:nenau

or a R32?

or something that needs grease, not just a posing pouch. Mark you have some nice bikes, propper bikers bikes.

hey im only assuming here, but if your going to, how did you put it, spend your hard earned, i would be spending in another shop window thank you.

how many of these bikes will be up for sale soon after the summer seasons gone with feck all mileage on them? or been back for repairs because of the faults, far too many times for it to be fun.

Oh dear, someone's pissed on your party.

Who gives a toss if it'll be up for sale next week? BMW have diversified a bit, get over it. They wanted to sell bikes. Get a Royal Enfield or something no one remotely can hijack.

Let's start a new forum!
www.ukpre2004gser.com/fucktard

Started off in Rain mode, bike felt a bit neutered which I guess is the point. My K1200S felt quicker...After a few miles put it into Sport:eek: Yee-hah! The thing takes off like a scalded cat, before you know it I'm over the ton and it's up on the back wheel :eek: Obviously with the wheelie control everything calms down again very quickly.

So my conclusion is after a scant 60 miles is it's bloody lovely, light, fantastic brakes, easy to ride, comfortable and bloody quick!

Sounds like a pretty radical running-in regime, what'll it be like when you really open it up?

This thread's making me smile now . . .

mmmmm have to agree.
there's no pockets in shrouds!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

talking of sharing things did i mention i get my new gsa on the 1st of march.:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri

. . . as I have just offered to become part owner of an S1000RR with my lad who's had a over 3 years on a ZXYRXBRR thing, after learning to ride on my old Daytona after passing his test.

Why? I don't say Carpe Diem for nothing. A friend's brother (my age) is lying in a hospice right now and if I ever reach that stage I want the list of things I wish I had said, tried or done to be very short. As above, I earn my crust the hard way and will do with it as I wish.

JFDI. Leave the gripes, chips, moans, etc. at home. Live and let live :thumb2

ps - I'm a sunny weekend rider, do very few miles, my bike came used, has low miles, is kept clean, is purely for fun :)

or a R32?

So it's not your sort of bike, it's not mine either. But I'll guess there are more than a few R90's that have been bought to sit in a garage and only be brought out once or twice a year in the sun.

But then so what?

These guys have spent their hard earned on something THEY want and they post some pics up for use to appreciate, and I'm glad they did.
New toys are good and the fact that it's not what you'd spend your money on is neither here nor there.

I'll never buy a new bike, not because I don't want to, but I cannot justify it as I have too many hobbies already and a perfectly functioning bike that does what I want. The S1000R as been raved about in the press and is no doubt a phenominal bike to ride. Why do they have to be a posing pouch. I've ridden some very quick bikes, and the thrill of opening up a high horsepower bike is awesome and more than enough to jusify buying an S1000R over a 1200GS or an old R90. The 1200 and the R90 have their own appeal, but hard hitting power isn't one of them.

Am I a real biker.......probably not, I'm a motorcyclist. I've been riding since I was a boy and know how engines work. But I don't have the knowledge of how to strip a gearbox down, nor do I want it. Modern bikes are designed like modern cars, they go to the garage if it goes wrong, unless you are sert technically aware and have the right tools.

Why post a shitty comment about the guys that have bought these bikes. If you aren't jealous, why not say, "not my type of bike guys, but hope your happy with ya new toy"? Instead you pidgeon hole these guys and say they'll sell em with no miles on, they're not proper bikers etc etc.

If you aren't jealous, then you're just not a nice person. In my experience that makes you less of a "biker" than the guys who have bought these bikes.

Next time I'm passing I'll buy that Big Issue off you. In the meantime stay off the roads and let us rich people enjoy our bikes...

Stu

WTF? I cant believe the crap that's getting spouted off here.

Fair weather riders, new to the bmw thing? Get to feck.

When you actually know something about me then feel free to spout off otherwise shut the fuck up.

it wasn't my intention to rub it in anyones face,i thought this was a forum where you are able to share things :confused::confused::confused:

Mate, this IS a forum where you can share things so post some pics of your new baby and the huge majority of us tossers will enjoy seeing them and hearing about how it goes.

Yep, I'm as jealous as feck as I'd love one but I'd also like a DB9, a learjet, a Vincent Black Shadow and Cameron Diaz on my arm......:drool

Enjoy Hazzy, enjoy.....:thumb

Back
Top Bottom