Sidi Adventure Boots

Sidi Crossfire SRS

Got my lovelies just before Crimbo, gorgeous ain't they!

Attachments

• 2008_Sidi_Crossfire_SRS_Boots.jpg
    2008_Sidi_Crossfire_SRS_Boots.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,308

From where did you get a pair of Crossfire SRS? I've got Flexforce SRS which are great and I've always fancied a pair of Crossfires but I've only ever seen them in the USA.

If the new 'Adventure' boots deliver on all that they promise then I think I may have just found my ultimate boot :)

I've just persuaded myself that I need a pair for the Calum's Road trip so I'll be popping up to the Two Wheel Centre on Monday and trying a pair on, with a view to a purchase.........

Living in them for 6,000 miles, starting with the worst the Scottish weather can chuck at them should make for a good test :thumb2

Andres

From where did you get a pair of Crossfire SRS? I've got Flexforce SRS which are great and I've always fancied a pair of Crossfires but I've only ever seen them in the USA.

Got mine from Leisure Trail, a KTM dealer in Nottingham. Good bunch of guys there.

Them's what I got. Couple of points though. They'll start to squeak, like a bag of mad mice.....WD40 sorts that. Keep an eye on all the screws, they'll start to loosen up.....loctite or something similar will sort that out.

I've just persuaded myself that I need a pair for the Calum's Road trip so I'll be popping up to the Two Wheel Centre on Monday and trying a pair on, with a view to a purchase.........

Andres

They had to order a pair in, just got a phone call that they have arrived so I said I'd pop up there now as they shut Weds...........don't bother they said, we've had 5" snow, the roads are gridlocked and it's still coming down :(

Fingers crossed for Thursday :thumb2

Andres

Okey dokey

Them's what I got. Couple of points though. They'll start to squeak, like a bag of mad mice.....WD40 sorts that. Keep an eye on all the screws, they'll start to loosen up.....loctite or something similar will sort that out.

Thanks for the tips, will keep an eye on them!

:beerjug:

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Can't remember exactly, I bought a load of other stuff at the same time, which I tend to do when in the UK as choice is limited in Turkey, and prices high. I think they were around the £250-270 mark. Worth every penny in my opinion. I used Sidi MX boots when working as a courier, and I'm pretty certain they saved me from serious injury during my many many many crashes. Many.

Just got back from picking up my 'Adventure' boots.

After over 20 years of wearing nothing but MX boots I can honestly say they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, leagues ahead of my Flexforce and Tech 8's that I normally wear :thumb2

They are slightly shorter than a MX boot, but not dramatically so, reckon they will be easily as protective as a MX boot - I really, really like them so far.

I'll report back when I get back from using them on the Calum's Rd trip - looking dead promising so far though :)

Andres

Knee armour

+1 for the Sid Crossfires, I love mine. But I had to take the knee/shin armour out of my Dainese trousers because of the boot height. Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

I had to do the same with the Daytona's. Dianese shin armour is very rigid so the only option if the boots have non removable shin armour is to remove from the trousers.

+1 for the Sid Crossfires, I love mine. But I had to take the knee/shin armour out of my Dainese trousers because of the boot height. Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

I use my Crossfires with very rigid Asterix knee braces. Just loosen off the top buckle of the boot and slide the knee braces in, then buckle up over the top of them - no problem.

How accurate are they on sizing? One of the problems I've had with buying things online or over the phone is getting the correct size without being able to try beforehand?

Sizing ... chap at Top Gear (see above) said that Sidi sizing is generally the same as you would wear - if that makes sense. Fit is not smaller or larger than the size you normally get.

Sizing ... chap at Top Gear (see above) said that Sidi sizing is generally the same as you would wear - if that makes sense. Fit is not smaller or larger than the size you normally get.

+1 :thumb2. My Crossfires are the same size as my shoes and they fit like slippers.

Back
Top Bottom