mobile phones

Deleted Member

Is anyone on here using '3' mobile phone.
About to upgrade and they seem to have best deals by a mile but I've heard coverage isn't yet up to much.

Anybody...?

:confused:

A guy in the office was lured into the 3 network and spent four months fighting them because the customer service wasn't up to much and the coverage was rubbish, even though they're meant to be on the same network as O2.

My brother tried it because of the GPS functioon that looked as if it was available, but it won't be for several years, so you need to be aware of what is and isn't possible at the moment.

A good deal without a doubt, but that's probably to make up for their lackings. I'd suggest getting one from somewhere with a 14day no quibble trial period and testing it out in your area first..

A memory stirs, Boo-boo (Sean) was having a right cob on about 3 down at Land's End, he had so much trouble he changed networks and is still in discussions with them. He has left a very revealing announcement on his voicemail on his redundant and useless 3 number as well. PM hi for the full story.

Hmmm, interesting.

As I'm due for an upgrade this weekend I nipped into the lcoal Phones4U and they almost immmediately slated Orange and pushed for me to switch to 3 and migrate my number across... methinks they must be on some serious commission compared to the others.

I've been asking around and also heard that 3 coverage was poor so I'll be sticking with Orange and avoiding the smart arse salesman at Phones4U.

What's the point of video calls if you're the only one with a 3 phone never mind not getting a signal.

Adam

You can have mine plus all the free minutes. No good to you though cos you can't make a call half the time and the rest of the time it always cuts off during the conversation. Rang 3 to complain and they connect you to their customer service in bloody India. They havent a clue and read verbatum out of a manual if you problem isnt fixed by the time they reach the last page you mysteriously get cut off. Absolute tripe keep away, they want a weeks notice to both turn your answering machine on or off. Think about it, if you expect to leave to go abroad in a weeks time you have to let them know now, when they feel like it they turn your answering machine off. It could be tomorrow when they turn it off although you dont want it off till you go abroad. Total utter load of useless tossers. Try emailing them, then the customer care really shines, not had one reply in 9 months despite numerous emails. Ermm thats about it effing load of sh1te

Don't do it, a 100 foot pole won't be long enough. I brought 2 of them 11 months back for the wife & I, and I haven't used mine for over 6 months. I went back to vodafone.

Looked at 3 and for other reasons wouldn't touch vodafone so stuck with O2 in the end. It works, the monthly cost isn't too arm losing and the nokia 6220 is tr-band so I could phone mummy from the US to tell her I was there and safe, plus send a pic from the top of the Empire State Building to my brother at work in Orpington.....

JediJase said:
Don't do it, a 100 foot pole won't be long enough. I brought 2 of them 11 months back for the wife & I, and I haven't used mine for over 6 months. I went back to vodafone.

Snap! 1 for me 1 for her indoors. Coverage crap! The missus dropped hers and rang customer services...Spoke to someone in India who couldn't understand English. She gave up in the end.

I even tried, took nearly an hour to get through to her what had happened. In the end reduced both tariffs to the lowest possible, chucked both phones in the draw and went back to Orange.

I will cancel the contract after the 12 month minimum term is up. (if I can get them to understand me!)

So again DON'T DO IT!

Worth looking HERE also

I've read the replys with interest ,they're not conected to ntl by any chance ? Customer service seems similar.

Back
Top Bottom