A Bit Of Fun/Investment/A Bevvy

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Definites for the new plan (as above) are in bold below

My thinking at this stage is that deposits are non refundable and if anyone wants to back out thereafter, it will be up to him to sell his share and recoup his deposit from the new member.

Spot on :thumb2

Sounds good to me :thumb2

Definites

1. Ronno
2. Wully
3. Neil 23
4. Bhud
5. Nakambale

6. Gwigglesworth
7. Hebby
8. Northern Jock
9. Klanky
10. Cunning Fox
11. AndyT
12. Proff

Reserve List

Melanie Cheeks
MMC

Reserve

Bollocks! I was gonna jump in at the start, but didn't think I would still be around in 10 years......
Now 2 years is exactly what I was wanting from the start.

It's not likely to happen, but stick me on the reserve list in case someone pulls out

BS

(failing that.... if anyone is too skint, I could do a syndicate on their syndicate..)

(failing that.... if anyone is too skint, I could do a syndicate on their syndicate..)

would that not then make 13 in the syndicate? :confused: No subcontracting I'm afraid unless it's privately done with an existing member... but he'd still be solely responsible for his payment/share.

I'll stick you on the reserve list. :thumb2

As a matter of interest, Stevie (I've already asked this but had no reply yet), if you got in, any ideas how you'd get yer mitts on yer whisky? Seems to me that PnP for 25 bottles or a special trip across puts a fair bit on the bill. Mind you, I suppose maist folk are looking for an excuse for a trip to Scotland :D

would that not then make 13 in the syndicate? :confused: No subcontracting I'm afraid
I'll stick you on the reserve list. :thumb2

As a matter of interest, Stevie (I've already asked this but had no reply yet), if you got in, any ideas how you'd get yer mitts on yer whisky? Seems to me that PnP for 25 bottles or a special trip across puts a fair bit on the bill. Mind you, I suppose maist folk are looking for an excuse for a trip to Scotland :D

I was only kidding about subcontracting......

As for delivery...... I would hope to make a wee trip over myself, or failing that, MasterBaker, my bro-in-law is over your way quite often.

Fingers crossed

Ronno - I'm still well up for this and like your plan. As for the actual distillery I will leave that up to you and Wully as you came up with the idea but I must admit I did like your own personal preference:thumb

AndyT

Aye, i'm still in.

I still like the idea of a 10 year plan, though. Maybe we could look at that again later once we've got this one up and running?

I see an SS 10-pager in the making here.......:D

the Arran you had at the christmas bash was a cask layed down in 1996 bottled 2008.

Fixed it, I think:) If it was laid down in 2006 it couldn't be called "Scotch Whisky" until after its 3rd anniversary in 2009.

25 bottles weigh around 31Kg's with packaging. A bike with ally panniers and a goodly supply of bubble wrap should be OK if you take it steady! Keep below 80mph ish:augie. Wheelies should be very easy, stoppies all but impossible.

Oooh, am I off the subs bench! Yay!

Confirmation of what - the Cragganmore plan? Since that's my absolute favourite whisky that's a definite yes from me :thumb

I'm still waiting on gwigglesworth confirming. If I don't hear by this time tomorrow, MMC will be laughing.

Another wee reminder that it's only about 4 weeks (end of February) before we have to buy our cask. I'm still hopeful of bagging the cask of Cragganmore. We'll need a name for our whisky. Nothing too gimmicky and as already pointed out: Tossers Dram is a No No.

No prizes for the eventual winner but a certain satisfaction in knowing it's your brainchild on the label.

I think it's only fair that ideas are only invited from syndicate members. No limit ot the amount of suggestions and we'll have a poll to find the winner.

I'll start off with the fairly obvious

Spirit of Ballindalloch

and

Ballindalloch Beveidh both of which will be more than useless if we don't get the Cragganmore

Breath of Ballindalloch or Ballindalloch Braes to kick of with

but will everyone who gets their ane barrel no ca' it somethin like that, a wee bit borin naw ?
Whit aboot somethin to do wi bikes ?

spirit o' the GS

spirit o' the SS

spirit o' NFB

or what aboot just spirito :D

Back
Top Bottom