Thunderbirds Are Go!

According to his sooper dooper gps thing he's in a bar in Belfast with a smurf:augie

.. his sooper dooper gps thing its being called, Spot :D

Roger sent a pm saying bits arrived in the nick of time and Spot is fitted onto the bike, so another job done.

Good Luck

Good Luck to you all, Have a Safe & Brilliant trip :thumb2

Steve

Day 1 in the big brother Hoose!

Feck it's cold when your off the bike, on it I'm roasty toasty thanks to being up to the wrist in Val's muff, cosseted in his gaucho and with a pair of heated insoles my toes were positively glowing.

Got off the ferry in Birkenhead just before 7 am, the docks were glistening in the street lights and decided to take the long way round to Neil's place using the motorways rather than the direct route through the tunnel and Liverpool. Bloody glad I did, motorways for the most part gritted but still the odd patch of ice to make things interesting and tighten the sphincter.

As it was still pretty early I rode passed the road to Neill's off junction 23 and headed into a large Shell service station to grab a coffee, have a pee and ring Neill to announce my imminent arrival.

Bloody mistake that was, entrance was also an exit onto the roundabout and there is a slope up to the parking areas and pumps covered in comp0acted snow and ice. Large artic heading down said slope started sliding, meaning I had to cut across ruts at a leisurely pace, next thing I know the wheels have had enough and over goes the bike on its side with me under it. :blast

No damage to the bike, no one hurt and plenty of help getting her back to the vertical. Added some go juice into the garage to do the payment thing and asked for the toilets to find they were out of order. Should have just gone direct to Neils after all. :drool

Made it back down to the garage exit, sphincter tightening is not the word :eek:, negotiated an icy roundabout back to the road I'd passed 30 minutes previously, sphincter tightening is not the word :eek: and had a relatively gentle bimble on a gritted main road before turning on to a side road for the final ride to maison Hughes. Won't say it was bad, all I'll say is it was an experience, this is the bike in Neil's drive, which is pretty much what his road is like!

759378010_8fmVc-XL.jpg

I'm on my way though, just waiting for the Scotia contingent and I'll be off again! :thumb

paper boy

Look what made last night's tele!

Attachments

• rog tele 001.JPG
    rog tele 001.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 360
... up to the wrist in Val's muff,

Can't be that bad then Roger!:augie

Seriously tho' - big respect to yourself and all the other Calum's Roaders. Good luck and may you get to the warm bits asap and without mishap.

I'm watching the dot (well it's a bootprint really) on the Marauder's Map, heading in the right direction :bounce1

Latest report just in from Kennedy space centre

ESN :0-7443870Type :Track Progress Latitude :52.25812 Longitude :-1.60688Time :09 January 2010 13:05:10

or just south of Birmingham on the M40:thumb2

Latest report just in from Kennedy space centre

ESN :0-7443870Type :Track Progress Latitude :52.25812 Longitude :-1.60688Time :09 January 2010 13:05:10

or just south of Birmingham on the M40:thumb2

Does it show whether he's still upright?

Back
Top Bottom