Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Updates for Sid

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    He's at his Dads in Jersey, probanlly pissed as a fart 24/7 till Mrs Sid goes over for Sid seniors 120th birthday on Friday

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Catching up a bit with my blog. Worked out how to include pics as well now. Mileage over 9,000 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Catching up a bit with my blog. Worked out how to include pics as well now. Mileage over 9,000 now.
    Great blog Sid, enjoyed reading that a lot. Its funny how quickly things go out of your mind, I had forgotten what Anna did to that mans arm with the inner tube he had been using on his horse got the fecking message across though..
    9k miles on this trip, carry on like that and we might let you have a 1200

John.

Well done Sid... I've really enjoyed reading the blog.
    If your wife wants to learn to ride a bike...... Don't stand in her way!

Updated blog right up to point of starting return journey solo.

And I've managed to hook up the photos for each day so worth a second look.

Thanks for positive comments above, much appreciated.

Sid

PS I think I've managed to at last find some lithium batteries for my Spot transmitter after everyone tells me "they don't make lithium in that size". I'll plug them tomorrow and you can all come with me on a virtual trip around Jersey, it won't take long as the place is only 9 miles by 5. Speed limit is 40 mph at best, 30 in most places, 20 in built up areas and near schools and 15 (Yes, 15mph!) on the small country roads. No chance of doing a 500 mile day over here.

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Updated blog right up to point of starting return journey solo.

And I've managed to hook up the photos for each day so worth a second look.

Thanks for positive comments above, much appreciated.

Sid

PS I think I've managed to at last find some lithium batteries for my Spot transmitter after everyone tells me "they don't make lithium in that size". I'll plug them tomorrow and you can all come with me on a virtual trip around Jersey, it won't take long as the place is only 9 miles by 5. Speed limit is 40 mph at best, 30 in most places, 20 in built up areas and near schools and 15 (Yes, 15mph!) on the small country roads. No chance of doing a 500 mile day over here.

MMMMMMM
    I wonder what speed Sid has done up the B35 St Ouens straight ????
    I did 100mph in 1975 on our honeymoon in a horror car and got threatened by a Centenier

Deleted account W
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    and got threatened by a Centurion

How long ago was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    MMMMMMM
    I wonder what speed Sid has done up the B35 St Ouens straight ????
    I did 100mph in 1975 on our honeymoon in a horror car and got threatened by a Centenier
    I did hold the unofficial land speed record in Jersey on that very road. They close the road for racing in Jersey and hold a 1/4 mile sprint race. I had a Yamaha FZR1000 running nitrous oxide injection. I crossed the finish line at an officially timed 146mph but kept it wound on for another 100 yards or so. A local bike copper was trying out his new radar gun and clocked me at "over 150mph" apparently this still stands as the fastest speed recorded by the Jersey police.

The local BMW dealership are offering test rides on the new S1000RR so there's always a chance to beat it. Would need to time it just before I get the ferry back on Monday night.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Finally arrived back home.

Threatening letters from creditors wating on my desk. Better get some bills paid this week.

Reality sucks.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910