Updates for Sid

Sids on another mission today :eek::eek::eek:
Bayonne to St Malo in 8 hours :eek
Wonder if he's got a Golly tattooed on his arse, he's that Jammy????
ME I'd have been nailed for speeding at least 3 times on that run :(

Sids on another mission today :eek::eek::eek:
Bayonne to St Malo in 8 hours :eek
Wonder if he's got a Golly tattooed on his arse, he's that Jammy????
ME I'd have been nailed for speeding at least 3 times on that run :(

It was Biarritz to St Malo, 500 miles and only 7 hours. Managed to get up earlier and left at 8.06 according to bike clock. Got into St Malo ferry terminal at 3.00 pm. Never broke the speed limit once, well not by much:augie. Very strictly enforced in France now, passed several radar traps at exactly the limit of 130 kph (82 mph). I even got a wave of thanks from two gendarmes when I pulled over to let them pass.

Stopped for petrol and then moved bike to pay area. As I tried to get off bike a car pulled up close to left hand side. As old woman opened door to get out, my foot slipped on diesel and bike and me crashed into her door. It nearly broke her leg in car door and mine was squashed under bike. A nearby trucker ran over and lifted my very heavy bike (it had 41 litres of fuel in). Driver of car got out and came around to attend to old woman and me. Vehicle was in fact an ambulance and he was a paramedic:). Woman had been injured before and was already on her way to hospital so no worse off! I was luckily OK apart from bruise on hand where it got caught between car and bike.

Driver didn't seem to care about scratch and slight dent in door so we both got back on the road.

Once again my guardian angel is working overtime.:)

Stuck in St Malo until next ferry to Jersey at 5.30 pm. Weather fantastic here, sunny and warm.:)

Might ride around to Cancale for lunch and go and see old friends at kart track where I used to race regularly.

He's at his Dads in Jersey, probanlly pissed as a fart 24/7 till Mrs Sid goes over for Sid seniors 120th birthday on Friday :hide

Catching up a bit with my blog. Worked out how to include pics as well now.:) Mileage over 9,000 now.

Great blog Sid, enjoyed reading that a lot.:clap Its funny how quickly things go out of your mind, I had forgotten what Anna did to that mans arm with the inner tube he had been using on his horse :D:D got the fecking message across though.:D:D.
9k miles on this trip, carry on like that and we might let you have a 1200 ;)

John.

Updated blog right up to point of starting return journey solo.

And I've managed to hook up the photos for each day so worth a second look.

Thanks for positive comments above, much appreciated.:)

Sid

PS I think I've managed to at last find some lithium batteries for my Spot transmitter after everyone tells me "they don't make lithium in that size". I'll plug them tomorrow and you can all come with me on a virtual trip around Jersey, it won't take long as the place is only 9 miles by 5. Speed limit is 40 mph at best, 30 in most places, 20 in built up areas and near schools and 15 (Yes, 15mph!) on the small country roads. No chance of doing a 500 mile day over here.

Updated blog right up to point of starting return journey solo.

And I've managed to hook up the photos for each day so worth a second look.

Thanks for positive comments above, much appreciated.:)

Sid

PS I think I've managed to at last find some lithium batteries for my Spot transmitter after everyone tells me "they don't make lithium in that size". I'll plug them tomorrow and you can all come with me on a virtual trip around Jersey, it won't take long as the place is only 9 miles by 5. Speed limit is 40 mph at best, 30 in most places, 20 in built up areas and near schools and 15 (Yes, 15mph!) on the small country roads. No chance of doing a 500 mile day over here.

MMMMMMM :augie
I wonder what speed Sid has done up the B35 St Ouens straight ????
I did 100mph in 1975 on our honeymoon in a horror car and got threatened by a Centenier :blagblah:blagblah

and got threatened by a Centurion :blagblah:blagblah

How long ago was that? :rob

Roman%20Centurian.jpg

MMMMMMM :augie
I wonder what speed Sid has done up the B35 St Ouens straight ????
I did 100mph in 1975 on our honeymoon in a horror car and got threatened by a Centenier :blagblah:blagblah

I did hold the unofficial land speed record in Jersey on that very road. They close the road for racing in Jersey and hold a 1/4 mile sprint race. I had a Yamaha FZR1000 running nitrous oxide injection. I crossed the finish line at an officially timed 146mph but kept it wound on for another 100 yards or so. A local bike copper was trying out his new radar gun and clocked me at "over 150mph" apparently this still stands as the fastest speed recorded by the Jersey police.:)

The local BMW dealership are offering test rides on the new S1000RR so there's always a chance to beat it. Would need to time it just before I get the ferry back on Monday night.

Finally arrived back home.:)

Threatening letters from creditors wating on my desk. Better get some bills paid this week.

Reality sucks.:(

Back
Top Bottom