Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard in Kent

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by H.R.H. OONYACK View Post

Mikey aka Mike Dolan collected a new bike yesterday after something had happened to his own one making it U.S.

He was up to 3 am this morning in Glasgow prepping the bike and fitting panniers etc outside as he has no garage. He arrived in Folkestone 10mins after Roger and co
    WOW !!! indeed.
    What bike is he on Johnny ??
    Another 1200?

Bloody brave chaps. I drove back from Ashford International to Hythe after a train trip to London and the only road that has been gritted and salted, and hence not snowy or slushy is the M20...

Deleted acc oony
    Bhud and Nakambale

Mikey and Bhud setting the standards of how a trip should be

Current whereabouts

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=143151

Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Sockpuppet would like to comend Vern on the strength of his panniers
    Amen to that Took a tumble on the M20 last night in the slush, following Andre to the services to warm up turned off on the slip probably about 20 ish then next thing I was reaching for the cut off as the bike was on me

Thankfully I'm ok can't say the same for the bike though. Thought last night the only damage was to the pannier (dented) and a scratch on the engine bars. Looked at it this morning and the Steptoe headguard also did its job due to the damage done to it but there is also a 2mm gouge in my LHS cylinder head where the impact forced the headguard into the cylinder head. Not sure how thick those things are so may be replacing that or filling it with liquid metal before I set off.

Plan for me now is to visit Steptoe tommorrow as the bike is refusing to start consistently - something is draining the battery.

After that the plan is to run down France on the auto train in an attempt to catch the guys up before they get to Morocco.

I always knew there would be tough days on this trip just didn't think it would be the first one! Still loving it though

Reality you can rely on...
    Quote Originally Posted by sockpuppet View Post
    I always knew there would be tough days on this trip just didn't think it would be the first one! Still loving it though
    Keep the Faith...

BMW K1100LT (1995).

Harley FXST (1989).

My Photos

More Photos

'What I'm out for is a good time,

All the rest is propaganda!'

Amen to that Took a tumble on the M20 last night in the slush, following Andre to the services to warm up turned off on the slip probably about 20 ish then next thing I was reaching for the cut off as the bike was on me

Thankfully I'm ok can't say the same for the bike though. Thought last night the only damage was to the pannier (dented) and a scratch on the engine bars. Looked at it this morning and the Steptoe headguard also did its job due to the damage done to it but there is also a 2mm gouge in my LHS cylinder head where the impact forced the headguard into the cylinder head. Not sure how thick those things are so may be replacing that or filling it with liquid metal before I set off.

Plan for me now is to visit Steptoe tommorrow as the bike is refusing to start consistently - something is draining the battery.

After that the plan is to run down France on the auto train in an attempt to catch the guys up before they get to Morocco.

Glad you're OK Richard, sorry to hear about the damage though. Hope it's not too serious.

Deleted acc oony
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Glad you're OK Richard, sorry to hear about the damage though. Hope it's not too serious.
    +1

watch out Steptoe might still be on holiday rates

Thier off the Eurotunnel so thats 7 in France

Bon Voyage and a tune for the guys

+1

watch out Steptoe might still be on holiday rates
    Steptoe might not even be around - I'm sure he posted somewhere he was off to the Elephant rally...

Thier off the Eurotunnel so thats 7 in France

Bon Voyage and a tune for the guys

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Steptoe might not even be around - I'm sure he posted somewhere he was off to the Elephant rally...
    Spoke to him earlier. He said he'd be around

He also said his road was sheet ice

Richard

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bloody hell guys, that's an epic start to the trip, hope it gets a bit easier from here on. Good luck to you all.

Spoke to him earlier. He said he'd be around

He also said his road was sheet ice

Richard
    Oh joy.

Best of luck, then. Does he do callouts?

Following progress I noticed a Wiggle in the route of the Invasion force

Pic One,- the overall view

Pic Two,- The Zoom I've left my Manbag behind view
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaythro View Post
    Following progress I noticed a Wiggle in the route of the Invasion force

Pic One,- the overall view

Pic Two,- The Zoom I've left my Manbag behind view
    The weather looks okay there......

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    The weather looks okay there......

Feck I must do these in Map Mode!!!

Always Feckin one Eh! Eh???
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Worse places to be than in Bordeaux. Apparently, the local wine is rather good so we thought it only polite to down a few bottles. Felt like we deserved it after the ride so far. Might have to have a few bottles more tonight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast