Blizzard in Kent

• Thread starter Deleted acc oony
  • Start date
Amen to that :beerjug: Took a tumble on the M20 last night in the slush, following Andre to the services to warm up turned off on the slip probably about 20 ish then next thing I was reaching for the cut off as the bike was on me :(

Thankfully I'm ok can't say the same for the bike though. Thought last night the only damage was to the pannier (dented) and a scratch on the engine bars. Looked at it this morning and the Steptoe headguard also did its job due to the damage done to it but there is also a 2mm gouge in my LHS cylinder head where the impact forced the headguard into the cylinder head. Not sure how thick those things are so may be replacing that or filling it with liquid metal before I set off.

Plan for me now is to visit Steptoe tommorrow as the bike is refusing to start consistently - something is draining the battery.

After that the plan is to run down France on the auto train in an attempt to catch the guys up before they get to Morocco.

I always knew there would be tough days on this trip just didn't think it would be the first one! Still loving it though:)

Glad you're OK Richard, sorry to hear about the damage though. Hope it's not too serious.

Glad you're OK Richard, sorry to hear about the damage though. Hope it's not too serious.

+1

watch out Steptoe might still be on holiday rates:D

Thier off the Eurotunnel so thats 7 in France :reynolds

Bon Voyage and a tune for the guys:thumb2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gSFazMECT2I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gSFazMECT2I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Following progress I noticed a Wiggle in the route of the Invasion force

Pic One,- the overall view

Pic Two,- The Zoom I've left my Manbag behind view :augie

Attachments

• Invasion 1.jpg
    Invasion 1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Invasion 2.jpg
    Invasion 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 218
Worse places to be than in Bordeaux. Apparently, the local wine is rather good so we thought it only polite to down a few bottles. Felt like we deserved it after the ride so far. Might have to have a few bottles more tonight.:)

Looks like Folkestone this morning brrrrrrrrrr

761367678_M3yPo-M.jpg

761379037_Br42o-M.jpg

Them's some laden bikes!

Looks like they made it south of Paris anyway.

Bloody Hell I cant keep the car in the right direction on these roads let alone a loaded GS :bow:thumb
Mega

Just spoke to Roger {Thunder} The Famous five are ensconced in an IBIS just south of Paris...
Thunder wants to Kill Otto for taking them through Paris on a Sunday { I know exactly what he means :eek::rolleyes:] Also he HAS found the Bar, so all is well :thumb2:thumb2.................

Just waiting to hear if Sids duo have become a trio now :)

Lol! I was watching the map, and I did say out loud "Oh FFS you're not going THROUGH Paris????"

Back
Top Bottom