Blizzard in Kent

• Thread starter Deleted acc oony
  • Start date

Deleted acc oony

Andres and Sockpuppet in travel lodge Maidstone m20 to be shut

theres suposedly a big storm gonna hit, germanys told everyone to stock up,,could affect here too,
france was bad yesterday

All these guys on this trip are Heroes ..... or nuttters...... or both.

Fantastic.

:beerjug:

All these guys on this trip are Heroes ..... or nuttters...... or both.

Fantastic.

:beerjug:

Hollywood are making a blockbuster film about them and thier snowy adventures.

Heroes of Primark:blast

Blimey - I think Moses wrote the script to this one - this is a trip of biblical proportions!....

War - check
Famine - check - well, our supermarkets have sold more food than before Christmas. The shelves are bare!
Pestilance - check - Well, there's swine flu epidemic isn't there?
Blizzard - check
Floods - check - southern Spain is suffering floods.
I've booked a swarm of locusts for Tuesday week.

Hells teeth!!!

Defo some kind of adventure........:eek

Sockpuppet would like to comend Vern on the strength of his panniers :rob

The other (uk) riders are safe and sound in Folkstone and the bastards have got a bar :mad:

Andres

Paintman is in Poitiers:reynolds

Sid and Milktrayman Bourdeaux:101

Bhud, Nakambale, Thunder, Mikey are in Folkestone:jager:beerjug:

Outtomunch and Sockpuppet Maidstone and no bar :comfort

Mikey aka Mike Dolan collected a new bike yesterday after something had happened to his own one making it U.S.

He was up to 3 am this morning in Glasgow prepping the bike and fitting panniers etc outside as he has no garage. He arrived in Folkestone 10mins after Roger and co:eek::bow:bow:bow

Mikey aka Mike Dolan collected a new bike yesterday after something had happened to his own one making it U.S.

He was up to 3 am this morning in Glasgow prepping the bike and fitting panniers etc outside as he has no garage. He arrived in Folkestone 10mins after Roger and co:eek::bow:bow:bow

Mikey, You the man!!:bow:bow:bow Good luck to you all. Stay safe

:eek: :bow :bow :bow

Whats the weather like in France, surely it must be just as bed:nenau

Just arrived in SW France after a 300 mile drive from Saint Malo and its bleddy cold but no worse than the UK. Had heavy snow in the north: I jack knifed my Landy and trailer :eek: The cold and snow isn't as dangerous as how some of the frogs are driving in it. Take care and good luck Calum's road crew. :thumb2

There's dedication................and a touch of madness right there. :clap:clap:bow

Bhud, Nakambale, Thunder, Mikey are in Folkestone

Ehm Going Underground anyone???

Edit! Ah I figured it Out

Hotel ! :blast

With the track between waypoints being so straight I wondered if the track overlay versus the map was out and thought they'd disappeared into the Chunnel

Attachments

• MArauders progress.jpg
    MArauders progress.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 394

WOW !!!:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow indeed.
What bike is he on Johnny ??
Another 1200?

Bloody brave chaps. I drove back from Ashford International to Hythe after a train trip to London and the only road that has been gritted and salted, and hence not snowy or slushy is the M20...

Bhud and Nakambale

760813294_R5oDK-M.jpg

Mikey and Bhud setting the standards of how a trip should be:jager

760814900_mcxAQ-M.jpg

Current whereabouts

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=143151

Sockpuppet would like to comend Vern on the strength of his panniers :rob

Amen to that :beerjug: Took a tumble on the M20 last night in the slush, following Andre to the services to warm up turned off on the slip probably about 20 ish then next thing I was reaching for the cut off as the bike was on me :(

Thankfully I'm ok can't say the same for the bike though. Thought last night the only damage was to the pannier (dented) and a scratch on the engine bars. Looked at it this morning and the Steptoe headguard also did its job due to the damage done to it but there is also a 2mm gouge in my LHS cylinder head where the impact forced the headguard into the cylinder head. Not sure how thick those things are so may be replacing that or filling it with liquid metal before I set off.

Plan for me now is to visit Steptoe tommorrow as the bike is refusing to start consistently - something is draining the battery.

After that the plan is to run down France on the auto train in an attempt to catch the guys up before they get to Morocco.

I always knew there would be tough days on this trip just didn't think it would be the first one! Still loving it though:)

Back
Top Bottom