Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Llangollen Trail Ride for the UKGSER weekenders.

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ok Folks, the rides are looking quite plump, in true tosser style, so it should be good.
    There is a couple of notes though that you need to be aware of........
    North Wales Police are having a heavy drive into the trail riding in the area. There have been a lot of tickets issued recently for numberplate offences, including damaged, dirty and small plates. Please keep this in mind when attending.
    Most of the lanes being used in the rides are Unclassified County Roads, therefore the land adjacent to the trails is off-piste, please respect that, as this is the main reason why plod has started to focus on the trail riders, although it is unregistered bikes riding off-piste that has sturred the nest up, but we are copping for it!

If any one has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask either me or the run leaders.

Best regards.

Timpo.

Quote Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
    There have been a lot of tickets issued recently for numberplate offences, including damaged, dirty and small plates. Please keep this in mind when attending.
    Most of the lanes being used in the rides are Unclassified County Roads, therefore the land adjacent to the trails is off-piste, please respect that, as this is the main reason why plod has started to focus on the trail riders, although it is unregistered bikes riding off-piste that has sturred the nest up, but we are copping for it!
    When we were out on Spout's recce last weekend there was a CRF on the Wayfarer with no plate!

Even it it falls off - it doesn't take much effort to find it & improvise!

Ok Folks, the rides are looking quite plump, in true tosser style, so it should be good.
    There is a couple of notes though that you need to be aware of........
    North Wales Police are having a heavy drive into the trail riding in the area. There have been a lot of tickets issued recently for numberplate offences, including damaged, dirty and small plates. Please keep this in mind when attending.

If any one has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask either me or the run leaders.

Best regards.

Timpo.
    Thanks would you recommend full size plates for the day?

What sort of an 'Easy Ride' will this be?
    Went on Tinas 'Easy' Off Road Ride last year and I couldn't cope with it, I had a misserable time and it wasn't fair on fellow Tossers getting me out of trouble when I lost my bottle or got stuck. If it's going to be gravel tracks and green lanes and not bouldery ravines and thick sticky mud, then put us down X2 Val H too. Assuming we will be bringing the bikes! our little dog broke it's leg last week, so we have to bring her allong, we don't know if leaving her in the Motorhome is a good move or not as were not sure how hot it gets in there, assuming of course that we do see the sun at some point that weekend....... it's all a bit up in the air at the moment.... Going to a GSer Doo and not bringing the bikes, I don't think I could bear it........

Quote Originally Posted by Kleine Blumen View Post
    What sort of an 'Easy Ride' will this be?
    Went on Tinas 'Easy' Off Road Ride last year and I couldn't cope with it, I had a misserable time and it wasn't fair on fellow Tossers getting me out of trouble when I lost my bottle or got stuck. If it's going to be gravel tracks and green lanes and not bouldery ravines and thick sticky mud, then put us down X2 Val H too. Assuming we will be bringing the bikes! our little dog broke it's leg last week, so we have to bring her allong, we don't know if leaving her in the Motorhome is a good move or not as were not sure how hot it gets in there, assuming of course that we do see the sun at some point that weekend....... it's all a bit up in the air at the moment.... Going to a GSer Doo and not bringing the bikes, I don't think I could bear it........
    Kleine, I think the easier ride (for the bigger bike) that was available has closed now. I don't think it was ever classed as an easy ride though.

Pumpy's Ride full

The other rides are Timpo's, Spout's, Forry's & Greg's.

Greg's is also full & you wouldn't want to do Timpo's mate!

Forry's described as - ''plenty of mud, ruts puddles and rocky descents not suited to the novice''

Spout's described as - ''not suitable for beginners''

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    I would not risk it, but it's a £30 or £60 FPN and some would run the gauntlet.
    I will have a legal plate on my bike as will Sarah Teach.

Timpo.

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    I've finally found a full-sized 'flexi' plate which is now firmly fixed to my Husaberg.

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

I would not risk it, but it's a £30 or £60 FPN and some would run the gauntlet.
    I will have a legal plate on my bike as will Sarah Teach.

Timpo.
    My legal plate is still on as I've just had it MOT'd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123