Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockpuppet down

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Really sad to see this...

Are you OK getting back, or do you need any help at this end?
    Thanks for the offer toad. I should be ok getting back.

I got my travel insurance through Campbell Irvine and they've got a spanish speaking guy on the phone 24/7 working to get me home.

They cover touring via motorbike as long as its yours and you are wearing a helmet.

I paid £450 for 12 months cover (continous trip) and think right now what the costs of this accident are going to be and getting me home its nothing.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by sockpuppet View Post
    Thanks for the offer toad. I should be ok getting back.

I got my travel insurance through Campbell Irvine and they've got a spanish speaking guy on the phone 24/7 working to get me home.

They cover touring via motorbike as long as its yours and you are wearing a helmet.

I paid £450 for 12 months cover (continous trip) and think right now what the costs of this accident are going to be and getting me home its nothing.
    Yup ... Campbell Irvine are very good ... we had to use them last year

So sorry to hear about this mate... but sooo glad you're OK and on the mend. Time to get the atlas out and start planning another trip eh

Take care and get well soon
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sorry to read about this, but at least you're young and will bounce back
    I wouldn't dream of leaving these shores without the backup you so wisely took out
    You've got a good crew of blokes there to see that you and your bike are OK before moving on with the trip...[and maybe part of your bike ]

Now on a more serious note, tell nurse, that bloke in next bed wants his Piss Bag emptied

Deleted acc oony
    Will you need an Indian visa to get back into Leicester

Aging 1 eyed Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by H.R.H. OONYACK View Post
    Will buy you an Indian when you get back into Leicester
    fixed it
    mummy mummy is dad dead?
    no son hes out riding that bloody Vrood

Vrood keep the legend alive.

* * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

Todays update.

I've been grounded and feel like a naughty school boy.

Tried in vain to tell the nurse for 2 hours that I wanted to go to the loo and not crap into a bucket on the ward. The toilet being all of 10 feet away. I tried to simulate her taking my IVs off so I could make it there but she wouldn't.

So I did it myself. I'm not sure what she said when she found out but I don't think she was happy.

Boldened by my not shitting myself in bed success I decided to get mobile. Using my fantastic drawing ability and some spare paper I had I successfully presented a case for some crutches so as I put it I could venture to the toilet and back without the need for help.

An hour later and some shiney crutches were mine. I was free again and true to my word used them to get to the toilet - then I got demob happy.

Putting on the only pair of trousers I was wearing that day to survive the paramedic scissors I well sort of went accross the road to a shop. Not that the hospital food is bad but there is only so much soup one man can take and I really fancied some Sprite.

Got back to the ward to find a not too happy porter wondering where I was. Oh eck. So now I've lost the privledge of the crutches. Damn it. Today was a trial run, tommorrow as they've now told me I'll be here till Tuesay was to track down the bike. The guys were foolish enough to leave me with details of its location, google maps thinks its about a mile and a bit each way - which I think it doable.

In any case its a moot point as I think I'm under house arrest for the rest of my stay here

Though I did get a success. The insurance comapny have agreed today that any medic flight back to the UK will be from Malaga and the taxi will definatly stop by the bike on the way so I can see it (told them my passport was in its panniers and I had the key, in truth I just want to go and see it).

Well if it was your bike what would you want to do?

you're a naughty ,naughty boy

Deleted acc oony
    Give it a fukin good kick

Sounds more like a story from Douglas Baders capture

Organise an escape commitee

Ohhhhhh Matron

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Todays update.

Tried in vain to tell the nurse for 2 hours that I wanted to go to the loo and not crap into a bucket on the ward. The toilet being all of 10 feet away. I tried to simulate her taking my IVs off so I could make it there but she wouldn't.

So I did it myself. I'm not sure what she said when she found out but I don't think she was happy.

Boldened by my not shitting myself in bed success I decided to get mobile. Using my fantastic drawing ability and some spare paper I had I successfully presented a case for some crutches so as I put it I could venture to the toilet and back without the need for help.

An hour later and some shiney crutches were mine. I was free again and true to my word used them to get to the toilet - then I got demob happy.

Putting on the only pair of trousers I was wearing that day to survive the paramedic scissors I well sort of went accross the road to a shop. Not that the hospital food is bad but there is only so much soup one man can take and I really fancied some Sprite.

Got back to the ward to find a not too happy porter wondering where I was. Oh eck. So now I've lost the privledge of the crutches. Damn it. Today was a trial run, tommorrow as they've now told me I'll be here till Tuesay was to track down the bike. The guys were foolish enough to leave me with details of its location, google maps thinks its about a mile and a bit each way - which I think it doable.

In any case its a moot point as I think I'm under house arrest for the rest of my stay here

Though I did get a success. The insurance comapny have agreed today that any medic flight back to the UK will be from Malaga and the taxi will definatly stop by the bike on the way so I can see it (told them my passport was in its panniers and I had the key, in truth I just want to go and see it).

top man keep them on their toes
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

The guys were foolish enough to leave me with details of its location, google maps thinks its about a mile and a bit each way - which I think it doable.
    Mile away as the crow flys not as the puppet hobbles so don't even consider it without a taxi ya numpty.

Bikes safe although stripped of anything we considered useful, which I'd taken that 60csx mount you had, my Nav II has succumbed to the ravages of salted roads

We are slumming it here until tomorrow when we will sort the tyres so behave yourself, your only up the road according to google maps

Multi rider
    Todays update.

Fantastic. Great to hear you're in good form

Sounds like Douglas Bader and his tin legs getting confiscated - Maybe a remake of the film called "Reach for the Pie"

Sounds like your in good spirits which is the main thing.

AndyT
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Top Hole Sockpuppet.
    Algy and Ginger are doing a recce flight tonight.
    If you get a chance flash a light from your ward/cell window as soon as you hear the Lanc' and they'll parachute a new set of ENGLISH crutches via laser sights...
    So Chin Chin old boy, keep your 'tache waxed and we'll have you back in Blighty before you know it......
    Now burn this message before the damn Dagoes see it

Top Man Richard !

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Richard Hope your back on 2 wheels soon.
    <

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast