Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who is going?

apologies for not taking much notice of this thread but i kind of lost interest when rich pulled out and noone wanted too take the lead.

i will definately be going at the times stated in one of the ferry threads. i will be travelling down with Si as we seem to have pretty similar ideas of what we want to acheive but i am in touch with several others on the phone so no doubt those that go will all come together when the time comes.

I am away with work for a lot of the summer but i will def meet up with badger towards the end Jul, hopefully si and Daz will be free to come. i will let you know the dates if anyone else wants to come. prob one night in a campsite to shake the kit out.

DDude, id be more than happy to meet up in the desert at some point, let me know where and when and ill see if it fits the plan.

63 days til the ferry!!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

it`s still on!!

i think we`ve all had pc phobia sometime in the last month or two but i`m still booked, had afew iffy wk-end with family affairs but back on track now and for all wishing to know the NHS wanted me on the waiting list to cut the marble sized thingy on the wrist out so i said fek that i`ll wait till after sept, i`m shure i read somewhere beer cures all!. oh the only other thing is i`ve got hold of an xt660z and may go on that, gonna see how they both feel with this wrist. so there is one group going 5th of sept then another later on the 8th. we`ve between us got most moby num`s but b4 we got we`ll all get sorted and if we manage a meet try to work out a meet over there,i`ll also been looking at routes then looking on google earth,some stunning tracks out from the ergs to the draa vally and up over the atlas all mostly gravel but in shootind dist of tarmac if need be. well i think i`ve just maxed out in my post!! time for a beer, OOPs i ment medicine.TTFN

p.s. if i do go on the yam i can still take the 911 diag tool just in case for the bmer`s, unless any1 else got one?

OK this sounds good - starting to check on ferries from Portsmouth today.

Departure date - not sure as yet - but I have August 28 - Sept. 20th (inclusive) off, so quite a decent window. Work has confirmed I can have that time off.

Looking like the majority of departures are on Wed 08th Sept. on the 11:00am ferry from Portsmouth to Santander?

How far south are you planning to go on this one? Would love to see some of Western Sahara - maybe not all of it in the time allowance - but at least encounter some of it.

I'll be on a 1200GSA. Still need to get some kit though - Garmin, puncture repair kit etc. I dont think my TomTom Rider 2 is up to this one

baz. Ill give you a ring net week to sort something for the end jul begin aug.

Ddude, although not confirmed i think me and uncle bully will go as far south east as erg chebbi then west towards ouzazarte taking a few days in the gorges before heading back north.

Sounds good - are you looking at riding dunes at Chebbi - what bike are you on again?

Quote Originally Posted by dakarDude View Post
    I dont think my TomTom Rider 2 is up to this one
    :-) Try a paper map, it's more fun planning, cheaper than a garmin, no risk of getting nicked or broken.

MDW rides an 800gs. With regards the dunes at EC, yeah, be a shame to ride all those miles out there, and just look at them I plan on riding the dunes, and I'm pretty shure Shadwell will as well :-)
    What's the worst that can happen?

Plan A - You get injured, you fly home and get to re-tell the war stories to your grandkids each Christmas.

Plan B - You break the bike beyond repair... Set light to it, and follow plan A

Maybe see you over there somewhere.

Hangar 53 Custom Motor Works
    url. www.hangarfiftythree.com
    email: si@hangarfiftythree.com
    blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

Dunes on a 1200 then?

Yeah, why not, I've done dunes on my 11, no different really :-) sand is sand, even my light offroaders hate the sand.. In for a penny I say

blog:www.salaamandthanksforallthefish.blogspot.com (Europe & North Africa Sept 2010)
    book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-Maroc-S...5361559&sr=8-1 (119 page paperback covering the adventure through to Morocco)

Anyways, just a thought, why not shift your off-time a week or so forward, then you'd have some riders to head down to Africa with :-)

trip

Quote Originally Posted by mdw403 View Post
    baz. Ill give you a ring net week to sort something for the end jul begin aug.

Ddude, although not confirmed i think me and uncle bully will go as far south east as erg chebbi then west towards ouzazarte taking a few days in the gorges before heading back north.
    righto chad,had a word with steve from up here and we`re all pretty flexable on routes but as you say the ergs have got to be seen!!!. if i miss ur call i`ll get back to you TaTa

trip

D.D you me and steve are all in the same neck of the woods or there abouts, i`ll pm u my moby

Hi all,

I think I'm gonna skip this one - I've got the chance to go down to Dakar in January (recently had a Dakar trip cancelled that was scheduled to depart Aug 28) and I think I will need to retain the funds for the January run. Spain, Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauri, Senegal/Dakar is what I have my heart set on.

I don't believe in not letting people know as early as poss. if I'm in or out, hence this posting.

Still unsure what to do in Sept. - but need to watch the £££ with the January trip now looking definite.

Have a blinding time in Sept., I'm sure you will all have a few tales to tell when you get back - and remember, we want PICTURES! (AND VIDEO)!

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    D.D you me and steve are all in the same neck of the woods or there abouts, i`ll pm u my moby
    Go for it mate, be up for rideouts and a meet up.

Dazza2
    Not long Now
    Regards to another meet, i can do any weekend up to the trip.
    A saturday night camp sounds good ideal oppourtunity to check the gear out.

Just to confirm my ferry is booked wed 08/09 11am portsmouth 2 Santander
    Return fri 24/09 10.30 St.Malo 2 Portsmouth.

Cheers Darren

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    What bikes are going? I am taking a F650gs, hope that i and it can keep up with the bigger bikes crossing spain!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast