who is going?

tricky463

ok,

we need a list of runners and riders who are definite / 90% sure of going so we can start to get things going

I would like to go! :)

i am based in Chiswick west london = 1

if you put down where you are based so we can get a rough idea of where everybody is coming from and also possible meet up points.
cheers
tricky

Hi Tricky,
Very interested,count me in please.
Location Biggleswade (A1 corridor) i reckon that = 2.
Cheers mate :beerjug:
Dazza2 (Darren)

I well could be

Hi all

I have only just looked at this thread and could well up for this as I have been planning to go for a couple of years now so what the hell.

I am about 80% certain at the moment with just a few things to sort out before I go.

Many thanks

Mark

Hi tricky/everyone,

I've got three weeks off at the begining of September and I was planning a trip round the pryrenees with my girlfriend.

There is a possibility that she won't come and if that's the case I'll be going to Morocco myself. If I do, would you mind if I were to tag along for a few day's ?

I've no real plans, beach, mountains, desert? under the stars or a 5 star(if I was a rich man) and everything in between, just happy to drift along............

About me -

New to the forum (first post infact) got an F650GS, only a small amount of off road experience (more at home on a race track but given up the sportsbikes a few years back). Ex Squaddie, now a firefighter living in Manchester,

Steve.

P.S. Any good tips in how to deter the other half would be greatly received :thumb

Talk about uncomfortable nights in a tent, heat, mossies, bandits and the trots ;)

that should get you a solo ride :)

Pleased to meet you, I'm Si

Hi tricky/everyone,

I've got three weeks off at the begining of September and I was planning a trip round the pryrenees with my girlfriend.

There is a possibility that she won't come and if that's the case I'll be going to Morocco myself. If I do, would you mind if I were to tag along for a few day's ?

I've no real plans, beach, mountains, desert? under the stars or a 5 star(if I was a rich man) and everything in between, just happy to drift along............

About me -

New to the forum (first post infact) got an F650GS, only a small amount of off road experience (more at home on a race track but given up the sportsbikes a few years back). Ex Squaddie, now a firefighter living in Manchester,

Steve.

P.S. Any good tips in how to deter the other half would be greatly received :thumb

Make her have the little side case:augie that should do it, Oh! and tell her it's
camping and no showers:D

Pleased to meet you too Si,

Yeah I think I can come up something I can work on :augie

Let's not let this thread go:topic

All being well I hope I can tag along.

hi to the newbies.

a couple of us have already booked our ferry from portsmouth to santander on 8th September.

planning on a meet up with those who are going towards later part of feb.

if you need anything else there are a couple of threads on ferries
one on meet up
and if you need anything else pm me and i will send you my number.

cheers
tricky

Ok fellas I'm in.

Booked the same crossings as mwd403

Looking forward to the first meet up to make plans

Steve.

Fellas, I did Morocco 4 years ago, fantastic first trip. Minor tips (if they help)

1. Border crossing, don't get scammed by a local calling you over and pretending to be an official.
2. You can pay one of the locals to guide you through the border xing process as it is far from simple.
3. Whatch out for the mud ball sellers (locals selling Ganja) they stand on corners in the middle of nowhere with their arms out trying to attract your attention - they are easy to hit.
4. The King frowns on fraud and is very pro tourists, don't take his name in vein however as it is taken very seriously
5. If you plan camp out get out of sight of the road and try to keep a low(ish) profile as at best you will be inundated by locals being curious or trying to sell you stuff you don't want
6. If a Police man waves you to stop, wave back and keep riding. If they come after you (they don't) smile and make you like thought he was just waving
7. If the Police as you to pay a 'Fine' ask for a receipt and if necessary mention that the King takes a very dim vue on bribes
8. I could dig out our two week route but I think half the fun is choosing this.
9.Don't go too far south, that was where AQ killed the French tourists
10. Enjoy.

Morroco

Don't worry about going South the French were killed in Mauritania thats why the Dakar was stopped. Just ride, nothing will happen except you enjoying yourself. Nothing major to look out for just small things that you must learn about for yourself for it to be an adventure. I'm in Spain now on my way home after three months in morroc and the Sahara. Been coming here for years and now own property on the Morroc / Sahara border. Enjoy the trip, I feel like turning around and joining you.

Don't worry about going South the French were killed in Mauritania thats why the Dakar was stopped. Just ride, nothing will happen except you enjoying yourself. Nothing major to look out for just small things that you must learn about for yourself for it to be an adventure. I'm in Spain now on my way home after three months in morroc and the Sahara. Been coming here for years and now own property on the Morroc / Sahara border. Enjoy the trip, I feel like turning around and joining you.

Never been one to worry about what ifs. i fully believe that when your times up your times up.

just enjoy until that time comes.:rob

As i said in the other thread let us know if you are about when we come over jake.

Chad

count me in.

After meeting you all on sunday I too would like to go, but will meet you at santander on the 9th. Be sure to wear something bright so that i recognise
you all!
steve.

pit stop

i'm checkin fuel prices b4 i go and its usually cheaper there and as u get out the gate theres a Shell to the right over the round about so i'll fill the panzerwagon up there:ronno

I'm in

Subject to stuff .I'm in booked same as Badger but maybe come back on the 20th instead of the 23rd..

Back
Top Bottom